ARTPOP: Best or Worst?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Is it?

• Worst
    • Best
    • Neither

Featured Posts

MasterOfPuppets

I think it's her worst, it just did not have the certain something for me that Born This Way and TFM/TF had. But I think it's because I expected something far more mature and better lyrics from her. I hope with her new album she gives us something catchy but mature like Music or COADF or even Ray of Light from Madonna (Sorry but this were the first Albums i thought of :sweat: ) just to show that she has evolved as an artist  :pawsup:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HighwayGuy

Definately her worst but mainly because of the producers

I hope she never works with DJWS or Zedd or Will.i.am again tbh

ESPECIALLY djws, I'm sorry but he has produced so many songs but the only good productions he's made are DWUW and possibly Applause

Not her best, but certainly not bad  :yes:

All of Gaga's albums are amazing. The only thing 'wrong' with ARTPOP is that it lacks cohesiveness of theme like her others do. Musically, it is top notch.

This was my only 'problem' with it. I didn't understand how songs like DWUW, ARTPOP, Aura, JnD, Sexx Dreams could all fit next to each other, both lyrically and in terms of their musical style to make an album. It's just personal opinion though, I know some people love the crazy diversity. 

It was her best, maybe that was because that was the album that I really feel I became a little monster in, but I think her next will be her best

RAMROD

It is her most ambitious project to date for me.

And not many people get what she is making.

So the image of this album have been "art student snobs" all along.

Which perhaps why it wasn't welcome warmly.

Not everyone get Boticelli, Marina, or Jeff Koons.

These are people of segmented area.

As for me, I give her mad props for doing what she did and give zero fcks of what people thinks.

This is her being an artist.

As if implicity stating that she won't compromise for her labels or for the almbum sales numbers.

Hence, perhaps, the slogan,

Music not the bling.

But is it her best? Close.

It is great. It is up there with BTW for sure.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Donatella, Sexxx dreams, MANiCURE, Swine, J&D, Fashion! and Dope all feel lifeless. Something is missing. That's about half the album. :air:

The other songs are bops. Gypsy, MJH, Venus and G.U.Y. are the elite imo. The remainder is good.

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

AyaKara

Not her best, but certainly not bad  :yes:

This was my only 'problem' with it. I didn't understand how songs like DWUW, ARTPOP, Aura, JnD, Sexx Dreams could all fit next to each other, both lyrically and in terms of their musical style to make an album. It's just personal opinion though, I know some people love the crazy diversity. 

Exactly. When Gaga described ARTPOP, I imagined songs like Aura, Venus, ARTPOP -- even Applause and G.U.Y. -- songs that were abstract and strange to pop music. Even PARTYNAUSEOUS is a 'weird' song from what we've heard. Songs like JnD, MANiCURE, or Donatella are all good songs, but they're so out-of-place.

Perfectly put.

Thank you :kara:

Bordeciel

She's only had 3 albums out so far... I don't even think it's fair to make a choice like this yet.

I love every single song on ARTPOP, which is more than I can say for her other albums, bar TFM. So in that sense, it is her best, however I became a fan during the middle of TFM era and the build up for BTW was so intense that I think that will always trump any album. The nostalgia just makes it so much better.

Archived