Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry takes scandalous pictures, slammed by media

GypsyPrince

Featured Posts

CannaeDrive

Pathetic. I'm Italian and I feel very embarrassed for her. She's acting like some idiotic teenager, in a desperate attempt to be funny. Guess it worked with silly young teenagers... her main audience.

:applause: Kety acting like the ignorant peasant she really is, what's new.

The thing is, it's not only stupid, it's also a bit hypocritical, she wouldn't dare do the same dumb pictures with American landmarks/icons, she knows too well the backlash that would cause in her main market, which is the U.S.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does she even go to art exhibitions...

She said that she enjoys learning about the culture of the countries she visits

She loves going to museums, as she feels it is a good way to learn about the world

You can't really compare NORMAL or random tourists with important people like Katy Perry that are famous worldwide, with millions of followers on social media.

When it comes to people like Katy, museums or artistic public places close for them most of the time to give them the best experience, and not only in Italy, same happened with Beyoncé at Louvre (remember?), British Museum and many others, because is a sort of promo for these museums have celebrities as guests, they give to them a personal guide and whatever they need also in extra hours.

It's a matter of respect also for the work of people in these places, and beside that people in my country support and buy her music and tickets concerts giving her money, she could have avoided to act like that.

It's not that big deal obviously, but it's annoying, rude and tacky, and people have the right to express that as well.

It's a thing that it's supposed to be funny but instead shows lack of culture.

Judas Oyster

She said that she enjoys learning about the culture of the countries she visits

She loves going to museums, as she feels it is a good way to learn about the world

Well, I hope she does learn something... This pictures doesn't really look like she's learning :P

holy scheisse

Ugh her behavior is the reason why we Americans get scrutinized for traveling to other cultures. No respect.

SISTERV

I have to be honest, I removed Katy Perry from my mind and I just find the pictures to be kind of tacky. What if Shakira or Kylie Minogue came to the U.S. and did this to the new World Trade Center or to the Statue of Liberty or to a painting of Martin Luther King? Its the same thing. This is what 2nd graders do, not women in their 30s. If I went to Europe and one of my friends were doing this, I'd be embarassed. It's offensive, tacky, and blah.

Another thing people are forgetting though is that Katy Perry is a public figure and what that means. I mean, if she really thought these pictures were funny, couldn't she have taken them and kept them to herself or for her friends. Sharing them on the entire internet is kind of pathetic to be honest. It's just promoting the huge wave of overall sluttyness in music, and ironically Katy doesn't even understand that what she is doing is a staple of the industry right now. Apparently making an ass or a slut of yourself is valued more than art and respect for culture. It's very sad.

If she is having her first downhill era next time around, I hope she gains some respect and more talent. Because at least Gaga had that to fall back on. Once Katy Perry's polished name is destroyed I'm not sure there is much left there to salvage her image. She is taking some seedy risks here and more and more its going to make her look very childish and stupid. And by the way.....all these teenagers she relates to do realize she is in her 30s right?

MahoganySnitch

Everybody takes these kinds of photos with these pieces, I don't see why it's a problem now :wtf:

I'm almost positive this is a logical fallacy (I can't remember the name): people do it, therefore it's OK. 

People take pictures like that every day lol

6218123_700b.jpg

6U15J0w.jpg

167924776_e532d5a13a.jpg

Warning point for supporting disrespectful behavior! :derpga:

I think that Katy just represents today's youth trend - having no respect to great art pieces. But oh well she just tries to be funny.

Pathetic. I'm Italian and I feel very embarrassed for her. She's acting like some idiotic teenager, in a desperate attempt to be funny. Guess it worked with silly young teenagers... her main audience.

Pretty much lol

SISTERV

I'm almost positive this is a logical fallacy (I can't remember the name): people do it, therefore it's OK.

The old "if all your friends jump off a bridge are you going to do it?"

It's called "heard mentality", where people think its okay (despite logic and reasoning) because the majority participates. It can be for a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes people hop on the bandwagon for bad reasons (everyone acting slutty in music right now because of the Year of The Booty), or sometimes bandwagon for good reasons (see Ice Bucket Challenge).

I have to be honest, I removed Katy Perry from my mind and I just find the pictures to be kind of tacky. What if Shakira or Kylie Minogue came to the U.S. and did this to the new World Trade Center or to the Statue of Liberty or to a painting of Martin Luther King? Its the same thing. This is what 2nd graders do, not women in their 30s. If I went to Europe and one of my friends were doing this, I'd be embarassed. It's offensive, tacky, and blah.

Another thing people are forgetting though is that Katy Perry is a public figure and what that means. I mean, if she really thought these pictures were funny, couldn't she have taken them and kept them to herself or for her friends. Sharing them on the entire internet is kind of pathetic to be honest. It's just promoting the huge wave of overall sluttyness in music, and ironically Katy doesn't even understand that what she is doing is a staple of the industry right now. Apparently making an ass or a slut of yourself is valued more than art and respect for culture. It's very sad.

If she is having her first downhill era next time around, I hope she gains some respect and more talent. Because at least Gaga had that to fall back on. Once Katy Perry's polished name is destroyed I'm not sure there is much left there to salvage her image. She is taking some seedy risks here and more and more its going to make her look very childish and stupid. And by the way.....all these teenagers she relates to do realize she is in her 30s right?

Bolded part. So true.

FreePalestine

Judas Oyster

Everybody takes these kinds of photos with these pieces, I don't see why it's a problem now :wtf:

idk, perhaps because she's "supposed" to be a role model for children (even more after the Super Bowl performance) and making this pictures online for all her followers could make them think that this is the reason for going to art exhibitions... Which isn't a really bad thing, but it does show appreciation for what art is about :P

It feels as she was there just to be there, because everybody else does it, if u know what I mean :P

SISTERV

idk, perhaps because she's "supposed" to be a role model for children (even more after the Super Bowl performance) and making this pictures online for all her followers could make them think that this is the reason for going to art exhibitions... Which isn't a really bad thing, but it does show appreciation for what art is about :P

It feels as she was there just to be there, because everybody else does it, if u know what I mean :P

that is the most convoluted load of katy perry defending bul crap i have ever heard in ma entire life. sorry bout it. I don't think Katy Perry is making art "cool" by performing oral on it while wearing a Gap jacket. :bye:

• Mills locked this topic

Archived