Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sia confirms finished new album: This Is Acting

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Blue Jeans

Sia has confirmed that she has finished work on a new studio album titled 'This Is Acting'.

2015GrammyAwards_Sia_Getty463027570_1009

The singer, who released latest solo album '1000 Forms Of Fear' in 2014, has already written and recorded its follow up and reveals early details of the record in an exclusive interview with NME which is on newsstands from tomorrow andavailable digitally.

Claiming that she only released '1000 Forms Of Fear' to get out of a record deal, Sia said: "Basically, I put this out to get out

of my publishing deal.

"I was planning to be a pop song writer for other artists. But my publishing deal was as an artist so I had to put one more album out. I didn't want to get famous so I kept all the songs I wanted and had a lot of fun making it."

However, the success of the album has spurred her on to make more music. "I'm super productive. I have a full album ready to go and it's much more pop," she revealed. "I'm calling it 'This Is Acting' because they are songs I was writing for other people, so I didn't go in thinking 'this is something I would say'. It's more like play-acting. It's fun."

Sia has written songs for Beyoncé, Eminem and Rihanna among many others in recent years and 'Wolves' her collaboration with Kanye Westwas revealed earlier this month during New York Fashion Week.

Elsewhere in the interview she discussed the possibility of playing live as well as what led her to retiring from living life in the public eye.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/82961?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mag#JJ1udtDFoyeQTuOy.99

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Interesting, yet somehow expected title.

"Claiming that she only released '1000 Forms Of Fear' to get out of a record deal"

That, however, is less expected :air:

Wrote an album with one of the best songs of all time to get out of a record deal :air:

MORE POP AAAAAHHHHH FINALLY SOMEONE ****ING SAYS THIS :giveup:

monsterdreams

Interesting, yet somehow expected title.

"Claiming that she only released '1000 Forms Of Fear' to get out of a record deal"

That, however, is less expected :air:

Still got her a #1 and over 600 million YouTube views though

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

she released such a great album because she wanted to get out? :giveup: imagine what shell do with her serious album omg i can not wait 

Wrote an album with one of the best songs of all time to get out of a record deal :air:

MORE POP AAAAAHHHHH FINALLY SOMEONE ****ING SAYS THIS :giveup:

:giveup: x100000000000 diamonds and pretty hurts are coming

:nooo: 

100 forms of fears ia amazing omg jfhjfdnfdffdvfv :air: 

lemme just leave this masterpiece here 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM

"Basically, I put this out to get out
of my publishing deal.

:air:

Archived