Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Albums w/ the most #1 hits on the HOT 100 since 1958 (Gaga included)

Mills

Featured Posts

Jewels n Drugs

All TFM singles are #1 in my heart tho

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last post was deleted (don't know why, this wasn't copyrighted, I spent an hour putting the list together)  but...

with Taylor Swift earning a third number 1 hit on 1989, here's a list of the exclusive club that she now belongs to.

​Hello! Your last post wasn't deleted. It got merged here since it's the basically same subject matter - albums with the most #1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. If you want to continue the discussions regarding the albums with multiple #1s on the said chart, please contain it here.

Disregard

Billboard does not recognize Teenage Dream as an album with 6 #1 singles. The re-release is rightfully considered a separate release. If they counted the tracklist on any given release as a distinct album then people like The Beatles and Mariah would have the most #1s from one album because they were compiled into one release.

Billboard does not recognize Teenage Dream as an album with 6 #1 singles. The re-release is rightfully considered a separate release. If they counted the tracklist on any given release as a distinct album then people like The Beatles and Mariah would have the most #1s from one album because they were compiled into one release.

Yes. ​Billboard doesn't, especially when it comes to highlighting #1s from one originating album. And that's why there's an asterisk to all the albums, including Usher's and Rihanna's, that were re-released with a note after the list stating that the albums' #1 total do include the chart-toppers from their re-issues. Re-issues of which their album sales are compiled together with the sales of their respective original releases by Billboard and/or Nielsen Music, therefore presenting them, both the original and the re-release, as "one" album. 

EDIT: And yeah, Mariah or The Beatles would have the most #1s from one album among soloists and bands respectively, IF, and only if, the greatest hits compilation albums are counted. But they're not. Their sales aren't added up to the sales of the other albums wherein the hit singles were originally released / promoted from for them to be considered as "one" album, unlike in the case of re-issues.

DiscoHeaven23

​Hello! Your last post wasn't deleted. It got merged here since it's the basically same subject matter - albums with the most #1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. If you want to continue the discussions regarding the albums with multiple #1s on the said chart, please contain it here.

Oooh, I don't really post on here so I don't really know how it all works. My bad

Archived