💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

TIME Interview Christina Aguilera about Grammy Victory

Valextra

Featured Posts

christina_aguilera-gal-16.jpg

It’s already been a busy week for Christina Aguilera, and she hasn’t even made her big return to television yet. On Sunday, Aguilera won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Say Something,†her 2013 hit with A Great Big World. This Sunday, she’s kicking off the 64th NBA All-Star game at Madison Square Garden. And later this month on Feb. 23, she’ll return as a coach on NBC’s The Voice alongside Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Pharrell Williams after taking two seasons off to focus on motherhood. (She welcomed daughter Summer Rain Rutler last August.)

http://youtu.be/-2U0Ivkn2Ds

TIME: Congratulations on your Grammy win! Were you at the ceremony?
Christina Aguilera: No, I’m in steady dance rehearsals and vocal rehearsals for this Sunday, for the NBA kick-off performance. It’s a whole tribute to New York  I’ve got the Rockettes joining me and a special guest. I’m very fired up for this specific performance because it’s such exciting, classic material revamped. And then I had to record late [sunday] night for a soundtrack deadline, so I was unable to attend. I think if I had had a record out, I would have made the trip. Maybe next year! But I was so happy. I felt the boys won it more than me. It was such an innocent, pure intention of a song that truly didn’t ask for anything  so humble in its approach. It didn’t have any formula. It was very honest with just a simple piano and a vocal. It was real music. It was truly organic. I was so happy to see such talented guys take that win.

You worked with Sia several years before she had her big moment at the Grammys.
I like your research there. Sia, Nicki Minaj  yeah, I had a lot of great people on Bionic before crazy stuff happened.

So you clearly have an eye for spotting rising talent. If you had to pick artists for a 2015 version of “Lady Marmalade†who would they be?
Miley would be great in that mix, because I think she’s a great risk taker and has a lot of fun. Maybe Nicki Minaj. Those are the two that directly come to mind. But I actually thought “Bang Bang†[featuring Minaj, Jessie J and Ariana Grande] was a pretty good “Lady Marmalade†reference, in a way. It’s always great to see girls come together  especially in the face of the media sometimes, trying to pit us against each other. It’s never ending, no matter how young or old you are. Anytime I can encourage girls to get together and actually support each other and encourage risk-taking, I’m all for it. I love it. So yeah, I’m waiting for the next new group of people.

Full Interview here: http://time.com/3702541/christina-aguilera-the-voice-lady-marmalade/

Miley would be great in that mix, because I think she’s a great risk taker and has a lot of fun. Maybe Nicki Minaj. Those are the two that directly come to mind. But I actually thought “Bang Bang†[featuring Minaj, Jessie J and Ariana Grande] was a pretty good “Lady Marmalade†reference, in a way. It’s always great to see girls come together  especially in the face of the media sometimes, trying to pit us against each other. It’s never ending, no matter how young or old you are. Anytime I can encourage girls to get together and actually support each other and encourage risk-taking, I’m all for it. I love it. So yeah, I’m waiting for the next new group of people.

the never ending praise :applause: 

congrats to legend x on her 6th grammy she deserved it 

monsterdreams

She has a great talent, and seems lovely too

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Psychedelic

Her words are so full of truth :giveup: and she sounds so humble about it this time, hope she keeps it like that!!!

Legend X, we are wating for you to come back stronger than ever this 2015!!! :legend:

This is the first I've even heard about her. I think everybody has forgotten haha

Hello Patrick, I'm glad you finally made it out of your rock!

Spongebob-and-Patrick-Dancing-spongebob-

Jeffrey_This_Way

Thanks for posting this!  I kinda sorta wish she would've mentioned Gaga concerning the "2015 Lady Marmalade" question but oh well. I can't wait for the NBA performance and the new album.    

LoveandMagic

Congrats, Christina! :)

I noticed that subtle plug for Bionic. Lol.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Can she just bring another Stripped and B2B already?!

She deserves so much more! it's so annoying that she can't gain her success back :(

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived