💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard's #1s of the decade so far (2010-present)

Mills

Featured Posts

ctherainbow

This thread has so much interesting information, thanks, Mills!  :hug:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread has so much interesting information, thanks, Mills!   :hug:

You're welcome! And thanks for appreciating it! It means a lot since this is possibly my top favourite thread I've ever created due to how extensive the topic is. And I did love tracking all of these charts. So once again, thank you! 

:udidnt: I didn't even know that teenage Dream has surpassed Born This Way in sales  :noparty:

The 2012 re-issue of TD which produced 2 hit singles did it. If BTW only had more singles and even a re-issue during the height of the BTW Ball, it would've kept its lead over TD, or at least lessen the gap.

What are On-Demand Songs? I've never heard of that before. :huh:

I've left a very brief description in the OP for those who may not be familiar with the technical terms of Billboard:

On-Demand Songs (most played songs on leading music subscription services)

It's basically like a regular genre-specific radio chart but instead of counting plays from radio stations, this chart tracks plays and play requests from subscription-based music services like Spotify, Rhapsody, and Xbox Music. These play counts are also then factored in the rankings of another chart, the Streaming Chart, which also tracks streamed radio songs and video streams (from VEVO, YouTube, et.al). The data compiled by the Streaming Chart are then used for the rankings of the main HOT 100 chart, which uses sales, airplay, and streaming for its chart positions. Currently, there's no fixed percentage allocation for these three components of the HOT 100. They vary from time to time and wholly depend on the discretion of Billboard. And for its critics, that's where allegations of bias and chart manipulations come from, especially in the presence of a very tight competition to the top spots. I hope that helps. :)

ctherainbow

You're welcome! And thanks for appreciating it! It means a lot since this is possibly my top favourite thread I've ever created due to how extensive the topic is. And I did love tracking all of these charts. So once again, thank you! 

No problem!  I used to be a Vevo tracker back in the old sales and charts records thread in 2013, so I know how difficult/enjoyable this type of thing is to compile, and how much work it is.  Props to you!

I never realized how dominant Maroon 5 has been on the radio.  :giveup:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Cody Draco

The 2012 re-issue of TD which produced 2 hit singles did it. If BTW only had more singles and even a re-issue during the height of the BTW Ball, it would've kept its lead over TD, or at least lessen the gap.

I've left a very brief description in the OP for those who may not be familiar with the technical terms of Billboard:

It's basically like a regular genre-specific radio chart but instead of counting plays from radio stations, this chart tracks plays and play requests from subscription-based music services like Spotify, Rhapsody, and Xbox Music. These play counts are also then factored in the rankings of another chart, the Streaming Chart, which also tracks streamed radio songs and video streams (from VEVO, YouTube, et.al). The data compiled by the Streaming Chart are then used for the rankings of the main HOT 100 chart, which uses sales, airplay, and streaming for its chart positions. Currently, there's no fixed percentage allocation for these three components of the HOT 100. They vary from time to time and wholly depend on the discretion of Billboard. And for its critics, that's where allegations of bias and chart manipulations come from, especially in the presence of a very tight competition to the top spots. I hope that helps. :)

Thank you so much it definitely helps! :hug:

touchmetouchme

Honestly why are we so obsessed with sales? Not discrediting all the hard work you put into this. But, it just baffles me! Like I know I wasn't around when music was all about enjoying it and not giving af about charts but what happened to those days? Too much kids on the Internet today? :giveup:

Gypsy Life

Honestly why are we so obsessed with sales? Not discrediting all the hard work you put into this. But, it just baffles me! Like I know I wasn't around when music was all about enjoying it and not giving af about charts but what happened to those days? Too much kids on the Internet today? :giveup:

You're in the CHARTS and SALES subforum. If you have something related to the topic to contribute with, do it. If not, go enjoy the other subforums you care about.

touchmetouchme

You're in the CHARTS and SALES subforum. If you have something related to the topic to contribute with, do it. If not, go enjoy the other subforums you care about.

I was just giving a point. If you were offended don't take it so badly.

Pure Adrenaline

https://twitter.com/chartnews/status/547843776245678082

.@taylorswift13 becomes the 1st act since @thebeatles with four consecutive studio albums that each logged six or more weeks at #1 in the US

When will the Female MJ tbh  :jinglebell2:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

• Mills pinned and unpinned this topic

Archived