Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GagaDaily Cheek to Cheek Q&A with Lady Gaga: Submit Questions NOW!

Emma

Featured Posts

Hi Gaga! What was it that made the recording experience of C2C so special? Can you tell us a funny/interesting story from the studio?

I love you so much! :) You will never know how much you did for us or how many lives you've changed, but know that - you are loved by your fans more than any other artist in the world!!! I know that we'll never meet in person, so know that if you see this message it will mean the world for me! Never stop smiling and be happy the way you make us happy! Teo :)))

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gaga! I hope you're doing great. I've been always a fan of your voice, so I was wondering, what was the biggest challenge singing jazz songs?

Loves you.

- Hugo

Unlike most pop artists currently out there right now, you are really exploring your voice and digging down into new musical areas that no one ever thought you, Lady Gaga of all people, would ever try! 

So, my question is... what is your reaction to all of the praise and positive acclaim your getting? Did you expect people to be okay with it, or did you expect people to dismiss it without a doubt even listening?

In my opinion... Cheek to Cheek is by far the best musical piece I've ever laid my ears on. Not only because it's so raw and emotional... but because you bring the light into it that no one else can. Thank you, Gaga <3

Were there any other pieces from The Great American Songbook that you and Tony worked on, but didn't make it to the final cut in the end?

Dear Gaga, I have another question :)

The albums BTW and ARTPOP were for us, the fans, had a message of self acceptance, freedom and artistic vision, those albums and especially BTW changed your fans lives, so I wanted to ask, is Cheek to Cheek is the album that changed your life, and it's more for you, than for us?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

When you and Mr. Bennett go on tour, do you two plan on touring for a while, or will it be a quick tour? Also, will you spread your Jazz music to Canada?

Jazz, much like traditional pop, has always been a must-play during the Holidays with my family. So when the news broke out that you're releasing an album of jazz standards with none other than Tony Bennett himself, I was beyond ecstatic because I knew my family will love it (and they do!), even my younger siblings who have yet to enter middle school! Does this surprise you? Or were you already anticipating that this project would also be welcomed by the youngsters solely because of your status as a pop star of the digital age? 

We love you, Gaga! And I cannot wait for the next album, whether it'd be rock, acoustic, pop, or jazz! Just keep in mind that GagaDaily will always be here supporting you no matter what genre you may sing from here and beyond! 

GagaStefi

Hi Gaga, :)

What was the Process of Picking the Album Cover For Cheek to Cheek?

@HausOfLeo on Twitter

Ho do you think jazz influences pop culture and jazz influences pop culture? Essentially - how has jazz AND pop shaped your views hand-in-hand. Do you sort of view C2C as a sort of JAZZPOP take on ARTPOP, since you do live and breathe ARTPOP? How do C2C and your pop music BELONG TOGETHER? Sorry it's a lot but they're all similar in context and theme.

I'm really into performance art and theatre. I'm an aspiring student in West Hollywood. If you ever wanna collab or wanna reach out to me DM me @hoeslay. You already follow. MUCH LOVE DARLING YOU CHANGED MY LIVE. WE BELONG TOGETHER. WE ARE ONE AND THE SAME xx Jose

You and Tony obviously have amazing chemistry together, however in the beginning.. were you nervous to work alongside Mr. Bennett? Were there any fears before starting this project?

Also forgot to ask?

What's Asia's favorite song on the album and does she serve as an inspiration to you in your music the way the fans do? #LittleAsians :pawsup:

MarryTheSequins

You say that Cheek to Cheek is the most important album of your career, however this was also said about Born This Way. C2C has been an important experience for you and Born This Way was the album that cemented the bond with us fans.

Both albums are stunning, but looking at the raw tracks and ignoring the experiences you and the fans have had making/listening to/performing the album, which do you honestly think is your best work?

Furthermore, the Born This Way Ball was a very unique kind of tour. For your Cheek to Cheek shows, they are more traditional and you play with your jazz friends you've had for years and it could be played in a bar or a stadium with the same general aesthetics. Is this to prove yourself to those who think 'Lady Gaga' is a gimmick or is it a throwback to how things used to be before Just Dance and Poker Face blew up?

By the way, I honestly believe Born This Way is one of the best pop albums ever made (no shade to ARTPOP, it's a beautiful album too!), and while jazz isn't my thing, it makes me so happy to see you full of spirit and loving every moment of it again. I'm so glad Tony has given your Gaga back to you through your Lady :laughga: :runhug:

Is there a piece you or Tony wanted to make it on the album, but didn't? And is there a reason why it didn't make the cut?

SpadesToStart

Looking back ten to fifteen years from now, what sort of a role do think Cheek to Cheek will have played in your career?  Or perhaps, what role do you hope it will have played?

Love,

Scott 

• Admin pinned this topic
  • Kayla unpinned this topic

Archived