Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Windows 10 Discussion Thread

Henry

Featured Posts

Henry

So we can have two screens?

​Yea, we can have more than one desktop. So you can have one with like work apps open in the background & another with casual stuff etc. You can have as much that can fit at the bottom of your screen.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

​Yea, we can have more than one desktop. So you can have one with like work apps open in the background & another with casual stuff etc. You can have as much that can fit at the bottom of your screen.

​Can we split screen them?

I'm thinking of having Netflix full screen on one side and then having a general browser on the other side

buy bionic

Henry

​Can we split screen them?

I'm thinking of having Netflix full screen on one side and then having a general browser on the other side

​I'm not sure tbh. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I would like to think that you can.

@L Can you confirm this?

• 1 month later...
Henry

They are starting to finalise features, just making small tweaks here and there to make sure everything works + looks perfect.

It's staring to look really good, can't wait for the final release.

screenshot1_0.png

screenshot.png

Even the Edge browser looks good :giveup: 

spartaniconactiveb.jpg

spartaniconactiveb_r1_c2.jpg

You can visit here for more http://www.winbeta.org/

honza

I used Windows 10 Insider Preview up to the build 10074. In this build Windows Update automatically installs beta drivers by Nvidia for those with an Nvidia GPU, and it's very buggy, and I believe it was the reason why both my laptop and my desktop's GPUs died :crossed:

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

Henry

I used Windows 10 Insider Preview up to the build 10074. In this build Windows Update automatically installs beta drivers by Nvidia for those with an Nvidia GPU, and it's very buggy, and I believe it was the reason why both my laptop and my desktop's GPUs died :crossed:

​What happens when your GPU dies?

honza

​What happens when your GPU dies?

​If you have a laptop, basically you're f*cked :lmao: in a desktop PC it can be replaced but my desktop is pretty old and I only used it as a backup, so now I need a new laptop :deadbanana:

• 1 month later...
Henry

Windows 8 ftw

bye

:neyde:

It's free gurl, grab it while you can. Plus it's better that 8 imo. So much things that needed to be in 8 are finally here. You won't regret upgrading if you do. 

Staryu

:neyde:

It's free gurl, grab it while you can. Plus it's better that 8 imo. So much things that needed to be in 8 are finally here. You won't regret upgrading if you do. 

Like what? :confused: I've seen a few messages on my laptop suggesting me to upgrade, but I'm scared that upgrading it will just mess up everything. :saladga: 

Henry

Like what? :confused: I've seen a few messages on my laptop suggesting me to upgrade, but I'm scared that upgrading it will just mess up everything. :saladga: 

Like everything. The start menu is way better that the full screen mess on Windows 8, the new multitasking is amazing, the new browser is miles better that Internet Explorer, Cortana is amazing but i'm not sure if many people will use it. 

Right now i'm using the technical preview and everything works flawlessly. Much faster than Windows 8.

And don't worry about upgrading, when you do all your files and stuff stay the same, the only things that might get uninstalled are programs but i'm not sure about that, I think they stay installed. I'm upgrading on release day so i'll tell you if everything goes smoothly. :party: 

But you don't have to rush to upgrade, you have an entire year to think about it. Maybe you could watch some videos when it comes out and see if it's worth the upgrade or not. 

Staryu

Like everything. The start menu is way better that the full screen mess on Windows 8, the new multitasking is amazing, the new browser is miles better that Internet Explorer, Cortana is amazing but i'm not sure if many people will use it. 

Right now i'm using the technical preview and everything works flawlessly. Much faster than Windows 8.

And don't worry about upgrading, when you do all your files and stuff stay the same, the only things that might get uninstalled are programs but i'm not sure about that, I think they stay installed. I'm upgrading on release day so i'll tell you if everything goes smoothly. :party: 

But you don't have to rush to upgrade, you have an entire year to think about it. Maybe you could watch some videos when it comes out and see if it's worth the upgrade or not. 

Thanks! I'll wait and see if it's worth it. :yes: I don't have the screen mess as default on mine, so I'm completely fine with what I have right now.

Florian

It's not that hard :dies:

Does Ctrl+alt+del open straight up the Task Manager or do you still have an useless transitional screen (implemented in W8) ? 

honza

It's not that hard :dies:

Does Ctrl+alt+del open straight up the Task Manager or do you still have an useless transitional screen (implemented in W8) ? 

The screen isn't going anywhere (and it's quite useful actually :emma:)

If you want the Task Manager closer you can:

a) pin it in the Start menu
b) pin it in taskbar
c) right click Start button and click Task Manager
d) right click taskbar and click Task Manager

Those all work in both 8 and 10

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived