Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

Sunny's Tutorial's //

Sunny

Featured Posts

Sunny

olUodQj.png

Member's asked me to do Tutorials on certain Photoshop things, so, here it is

I will post Tutorials, and tips related to any Photoshop work, you can also ask questions!

Tutorials

Cutting

Recoloring

Cover Making (1/4)

-------

Current Tutorial : Cover Making (1 of 4)

TL ; DR : There can't be a TL ; DR for covers

Congrats to the members who voted for Cover Making, now you won't get a tutorial, you will get 4 of them! Since cover making can't be explained in a tutorial, we will slowly progress from flop to slay (Basic to Photoshop Cover Master)

Step 1. Open the image/s you want in the cover in Photoshop (I use Photoshop CC)

Step 2. Create a new (Document?), by going to File > New (shortcut CTRL + N), and create a new document with the options looking like this (everything except width and height should be default) Gm9Bb.jpg (You can also make a cover with width of 1000 pixels and height of 1000 pixels, depends on the request / resolution of the image, or just you)

Step 3. You may want to resize your image by going to Image > Image Size (shortcut Alt+Ctrl+I) IMPORTANT : BE SURE THAT CONSTRAIN ASPECT RATIO IS ON / CLICKED! If it is not clicked, the ratio won't be good, and the image would look squished and low quality. It should look like this

RpVv2.jpg

Step 4. Now you want to right click the tab of your image XIA2f.jpg and click Move to New Windows.

Step 5. Now, you want to drag (ha) the image to the blank document (cover)

302ckfn.jpg

Step 6. Close the original image tab, delete the background layer (Click on it, press delete on your keyboard), and move the image around with the move tool (V) until you are happy with it tyVuE.jpg

Step 7. Now, it goes how you want it. You need to choose the textures you want (Best place for textures), text, font! I will still help you with it (Also .psd coloring if you will)

Side note : If you just want to go straight for the text / font) skip the next step/s

Step 8. Once you got your texture, repeat the steps 3, 5 and 4.

Step 9. Now, you may be wondering, omg this is stupid it is just an image over an image. Well, this is where blending mode, opacity and fill come. You want to play with the 3 of these CfIOp.jpg (I usually go Soft light, overlay or Linear doge (Add) / And sometimes lower the opacity)

Side note : I didn't want to do .psd coloring on the first tutorial, if you want to know, ask me!

Step 10. Once you are done with your texture, you may want to add text. (Hint, to download fonts, go to dafont.com). Select the text tool (Shortcut T) 7DIjV.jpg. And now it again comes up to your taste. You choose the font, size, color..

vBiwM.jpg

1. is font / 2. is size / 3. is color.

Side note : You can also change the blending move, opacity, and fill on text layer too!

Side note : Right click the text layer, blending options for some fun stuff :fan:

Step 11. You can say that you are now done, if you want to play with anything else, it is up to you. Go to File > Save as > JPEG or PNG

PLEASE keep in mind that this the first tutorial, the covers will get better and harder

Please post your results in the thread :party:

I like dancin', and ponies....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sunny

Ooooo, i'm gonna try this with one of Gaga's pictures! 

Yaas :giveup:

Make sure this thread doesn't flop! SPREAD THE WORD

Sunny

How to make covers!

How to add outlines to objects (artRAVE style)!

I'll do a tutorial tomorrow!

There really isn't a real tutorial on how to make covers though

Paper Gangsta

Great idea :applause: I love how you are so helpfull to everyone here. You're like a saint :)

ARTPOPHooker96

I'm trying this techinque. I've been only using the lasso tool for selections :hehe:

Thanks btw! What's Set Making?

Sunny

Great idea :applause: I love how you are so helpfull to everyone here. You're like a saint :)

I'm trying this techinque. I've been only using the lasso tool for selections :hehe:

Thanks btw! What's Set Making?

Lasso tool isn't great to be honest

Set making, Making avatar + signature

Sunny

I am SO GLAD you made a Photoshop tutorial thread... :giveup:

I CAN FINALLY LEARN IT NOW.

iWxB3kDbBolWc.gif

Some day the student can become the teacher :hor:

Some day the student can become the teacher :hor:

Just a question: Can I work with GIMP instead of PS? Does it matter? What would you recommend for a beginner like me?

Sunny

Just a question: Can I work with GIMP instead of PS? Does it matter? What would you recommend for a beginner like me?

GIMP is verry different than Photoshop

I jumped straight to Photoshop CC, it really is the same, just has more features

I am a flop and I use GIMP :flop:

Don't say that, that is why I made this thread, to help people with Photoshop

Use piratebay :hor:

Sunny

bookmarking this hun :hug: hope this goes far, u put a lot into it!

Make sure to post daily if you don't want it flopping :hug:

Archived