💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Britney's "Alien" w/o autotune leaks, William Orbit responds

One Five Ten

Featured Posts

One Five Ten

Hadn't seen this posted here. No shade to Britney, love her.

William Orbit

Dearest Music Lovers, I have heard that Britney vocal link that everybody’s been discussing. It has been impossible not to as there have been many comments directing my attention to it. [i won’t re-posting it here]. I'd like to affirm that ANY singer when first at the mic at the start of a long session can make a multitude of vocalisations in order to get warmed up.

Warming up is essential if you’re a pro, as it is with a runner doing stretches, and it takes a while to do properly. I’ve heard all manner of sounds emitted during warmups. The point is that it is not supposed to be shared with millions of listeners.

A generous singer will put something down the mic to help the engineer get their systems warmed up and at the right level, maybe whilst having a cup of herb tea and checking through lyrics before the session really kicks off. It’s not expected to be a ‘take’.

I think that 99% of you reading this will totally understand.

Whomever put this on the internet must have done so in a spirit of unkindness, but it can in no way detract from the fact that Britney is and always will be beyond Stellar! She is magnificent! And that’s that.

Sincerely, William

What is allegedly a warm-up take of Britney Spears in the studio recording the track Alien from her 2013 album, Britney Jean, has found its way online. Producer William Orbit, who worked on the song with Spears, has since issued an explanation-cum-defence of the leaked audio via Facebook.

“I have heard that Britney vocal link that everybody’s been discussing. It has been impossible not to… I’d like to affirm that ANY singer when first at the mic at the start of a long session can make a multitude of vocalisations in order to get warmed up,†writes the Grammy Award-winning producer.

“Warming up is essential if you’re a pro, as it is with a runner doing stretches, and it takes a while to do properly,†continues the former Madonna collaborator. “I’ve heard all manner of sounds emitted during warmups. The point is that it is not supposed to be shared with millions of listeners.â€

Orbit concludes by explaining that the audio was not expected to be a “take†and while whoever leaked the audio “must have done so in a spirit of unkindness,†the leak “can in no way detract from the fact that Britney is and always will be beyond Stellar! She is magnificent! And that’s that.â€

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhrS82KEBcw

I FEEL SO BAD FOR BRIT :giveup:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honey Boo Boo

Oh my god

:toofunny:

I can't

anigif_enhanced-16344-1401995268-20.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8436-1401995465-27.

Edit: This makes me want to hear Britney Jean again

A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

Dayman

Are people really freaking out over a demo?  Of course it's not good - that's why demos aren't released usually...

One Five Ten

Edit: This makes me want to hear Britney Jean again

Every track bar It Should Be Easy, bae

giphy.gif

She sounds alright for warming up :crossed:  But if they used this version to apply autotune on it then... 8be5ead6.gif

Diamond Heart

I really didnt expect it to be that bad tbh  :eek: 
Poor Brintey :(

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Levine

Link? I'd like to clock a friend of mine with this. 

What a mess tho. It's a  "warmp up" and ok, but if you CAN SING you won't sound like a dying CAT during that process. 

Weasel

Warm up? Yeah right, this was obviously the last take before autotune :fan: 

One Five Ten

Link? I'd like to clock a friend of mine with this. 

What a mess tho. It's a  "warmp up" and ok, but if you CAN SING, you won't sound like a dying CAT during that process. 

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/britney-spears-vocal-track-without-auto-tune-leaks-online/ 

https://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit/photos/a.112193419862.93491.98843314862/10152841324499863/?type=1&theater

I got it from this flop Australian music site but I'm sure its available elsewhere if you don't like that link :flop:

• Jase locked this topic

Archived