💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Final Fantasy

Vampira

Featured Posts

LionHeartedGirl

Final Fantasy 9 will always be my favorite Final Fantasy game. The way the game pays homage to the classical FF games is perfect for me.

I am playing it right now in my PSP and I'm on Disc 4 already. I need to finish it before our semestral break officially ends.

Final Fantasy VII is okay but it's SO overrated to the point that I hate Sephiroth because fans are naming him as the best boss. -_-

Yes, 9 is my favourite too. The references are perfect, and I think its got one of the best group of main characters too*.Such a good game, that needs more love. :yes:

And I kinda agree about Sephy: he's a good boss and character but he is overrated. :sweat: I think Ultimecia is in the running for best boss for me, because I really enjoyed those fights especially with the warped sorceresses - so creepy! And I actually like Necron as a boss too.

*second only to 8, which wins because of Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Ellone, and Raine. And Laguna, again. :P

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIFs

• zexion_armando

• Goldenhen

• LionHeartedGirl

Call me old school, but my favorite character from the series of all time was Terra! Green hair rules! :D

Terra-Dissidia_Style-Green_Hair.png

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Edea was a great character. I still like Lulu too, but they really shat on her storyline imo.

Call me old school, but my favorite character from the series of all time was Terra! Green hair rules! :D

YES! Love love love Terra.

1250979035265.jpg

I do like Sephiroth, but overexposure has killed him. Kefka is definitely my favorite villain and final boss.

YES and YES! Kefka was one of the best villains in that series! Who could forget that laugh? xD

Silence those demons... . 🖤

So I started 10-2 for the first time today...I knew it would be super-cheesy J-pop girl-power sillyness, but somehow I still wasn't prepared for it. Definitely gonna finish it, but it's soooo different from what I'm used to.

So I started 10-2 for the first time today...I knew it would be super-cheesy J-pop girl-power sillyness, but somehow I still wasn't prepared for it. Definitely gonna finish it, but it's soooo different from what I'm used to.

Hopefully you'll see some positives in it. ^_^

I don't get all the FF9 love. It was my least fave probably. BUT I alos only played from FF8 onwards so who knows.

If you only played FF8 onwards, you're probably used to the newer style of FF games. 9 was a throwback and returned to the style from the first FF games that fans missed in 7 and 8.

9, imo, was the last really good Final Fantasy game. Not a huge fan of 10 (though the music is beautiful) and 11, 12, and 13 are definitely not as good.

Am I the only one who misses the battle system from the first FF games, with the Time thingie and more turn based RPG style? I was so baffled once it was changed in 12, and more surprised when I realized that many people were complaining about it. It just confuses me - the first 10 Final Fantasy games are considered the best (and in some cases, the only good ones) in the series, and their battle systems are surely a huge part of it (how could it not? If people had a massive problem with it, the games wouldn't do as good). I doubt we'll get it back, though, with the new team and all. :(

Edited by Fey

Hopefully you'll see some positives in it. ^_^

I mean, I still like the gameplay. I'll play and enjoy just about any RPG, so I'm sure I'll still have fun with it. It's just about as far from 10 as anything can get.

If you only played FF8 onwards, you're probably used to the newer style of FF games. 9 was a throwback and returned to the style from the first FF games that fans missed in 7 and 8.

9, imo, was the last really good Final Fantasy game. Not a huge fan of 10 (though the music is beautiful) and 11, 12, and 13 are definitely not as good.

Am I the only one who misses the battle system from the first FF games, with the Time thingie and more turn based RPG style? I was so baffled once it was changed in 12, and more surprised when I realized that many people were complaining about it. It just confuses me - the first 10 Final Fantasy games are considered the best (and in some cases, the only good ones) in the series, and their battle systems are surely a huge part of it (how could it not? If people had a massive problem with it, the games wouldn't do as good). I doubt we'll get it back, though, with the new team and all. :(

Part of the reason 9 is a personal favorite of mine is because of all the throwbacks to classic FF style. I really do miss the medieval fantasy settings, and the turn-based combat. I do love 10 and I'm slowly warming up to 12, but it doesn't have the same charm that the older games do. And 13 is just raw sewage, not even worth mentioning. It could have been great if the gameplay wasn't Hallway Simulator 13.

I mean, I still like the gameplay. I'll play and enjoy just about any RPG, so I'm sure I'll still have fun with it. It's just about as far from 10 as anything can get.

It may as well be an alternate universe game, maybe it's better to think of it that way. :D

It may as well be an alternate universe game, maybe it's better to think of it that way. :D

Maybe so. Cheesy as it is, it's still fun. I needed an RPG fix, and didn't feel like playing 10 again.

Maybe so. Cheesy as it is, it's still fun. I needed an RPG fix, and didn't feel like playing 10 again.

I can't help but love the cheese, the outfits, and the storyline!