💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Kaiju Fan Club

Shu Rin

Featured Posts

Welcome to the Kaiju Club!

Godzilla, Mothra, Gamera, King Ghidorah! Celebrate your love of Kaiju here with others!

gareth-edwards-godzilla-sequel-could-be-

Once in awhile we’ll discuss a new topic about Kaiju and their films. If you have any ideas for what the next topic should be, message me and I’ll use it when I can’t think of another topic to discuss. Until then fell free to talk about any Kaiju.

If you'd like to join, answer these starter questions and i'll add you to the list of Kaijuologist.

Who is your favorite Kaiju?

What was your first Kaiju film and how old were you?

What are your top 6 Kaiju film?

Kaijuologist:

Chianti

Treblemaker18

DJ SpeedTone

Foo Foo

Hexxx

Hellspont

Current Topic:

Godzilla's 60th Birthday

B1iMzDPCcAEogz4.jpg

Art by Matt Frank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZnxR0RjuPQ

Past Topics:

Godzilla PS3 Game

http://godzilla.bngames.net/movie/index.html

In honor of this, here is a fun Godzilla fighting game to play. :) http://awmerdich.people.ysu.edu/gdbr.html

Monsters Announced For Godzilla Sequel

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/comic-con-next-godzilla-monsers-revealed-1201269631/

Gamera Heisei Trilogy: Gamera 2: Attack Of Legion

Gamera_2_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

Taking things way up a notch in the sequel to the first of the trilogy. Gamera 2: Attack Of Legion is "The Dark Knight" of this trilogy. Our hero Gamera, faces off against an unstoppable force that threatens all life on earth. The only way for Gamera to defeat it though will have repercussions that will, unknowingly, affect the last movie of the trilogy.

Gamera Heisei Trilogy: Gamera

Gamera_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

Ask almost any Kaiju fans what movies they would recommend and one of the Heisei Gamera films will probably come up. The Trilogy recreated Gamera from a cheesy kid friendly hero, to an ancient guardian created by an ancient civilization to protect the earth. The Trilogy was critically and commercially successful and is considered by many to rival the original Godzilla in its greatness. This week we’ll be watching the first entry in the Trilogy, "Gamera".

Godzilla Vs. The Thing (Mothra Vs. Godzilla)

Mothra_vs_Godzilla_poster.jpg

A fan favorite for any Godzilla fan, Mothra Vs. Godzilla is loved by many and is considered one of the best in the Showa series. It is direct sequel to the 1961 film, “Mothra†and the previous Godzilla film, “Godzilla Vs. King Kongâ€. Released in America as “Godzilla Vs. The Thingâ€, Mothra was hidden from all promotions. The monster for the film was falsely advertised as being a huge monster with many tentacles, but most of the time the posters for the film just showed Godzilla and a giant question mark. The dubbed version is considered one of the best as well. The voice acting is great and the film isn’t heavily edited like the first 3 films released in America.

Godzilla Sequel

Godzilla was a success it’s opening week everywhere. It’s the most successful worldwide debut of the year. Naturally, Legendary confirmed Sunday that it is already working on a sequel and possibly more than that. What are you hoping to see in the Godzilla sequel or sequels?

UPDATE:

Godzilla Trilogy confirmed. Read near the end of the article.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-spinoff-hires-godzilla-706636

Godzilla (2014)

BmZLckfCYAAF-eN.png

The time has come. This Friday will be the release date of the 2014 reboot of Godzilla. It’s been a long wait for those of us that have been patiently waiting since it was announced in 2010. A lot of rumors, and speculations, not to mention fear of another disaster like the 1998 film. But it seems all will be well in this film, with enough to cater to fans and newcomers alike. Discuss anything about the new Godzilla film in the thread. Any hopes, fears, theories, predictions, or just express your excitement. If you are all seeing the film this weekend, we’ll be able to discuss what we thought about the film starting Monday.

The Return Of Godzilla

With the coming reboot of Godzilla just days away, I thought it would be appropriate to take a look at another Godzilla reboot. The 1984 movie “The Return Of Godzilla†(Released in the U.S. as “Godzilla 1985â€) to be precise. We will be watching the original Japanese release of the film with english subtitles.

Godzilla_1984.jpg

In contrast to the campy and kid friendly movies of the 60’s and 70’s, this reboot was meant to take Godzilla back to his roots of a living nuclear weapon and a force of nature. Something that Gareth Edwards is doing with this new Godzilla film as well. You will have till Thursday to watch the film, that day we'll start discussing it saying what we liked and what we didn't like about the film, and let any other conversations regarding it be discussed.

The Earth remembers, the stones remember. If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Mothra :legend:

Also, kaijuu from all Ultraman series. :legend:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

treblemaker18

Tokyo SOS slays me

My favorite kaijus are Godzilla (of course), mothra, gigan, and king ghidorah.

Lina Morgana

~I Wanna Join~

Favorite Kaiju: Ghidorah  :worship:

First Kaiju Film: I was like 4 years old when I saw Godzilla V.S. Mothra (1964)

Top 6 Kaiju Films

6. Godzilla V.S. Megalon

5. Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster

4. Gamera (1956)

3. War Of The Gargantuas

2. Mothra V.S. Godzilla

1. Destroy All Monsters

" I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't write... no real talent. But I'm pretty, and I can make money off pretty."

Staryu

I'm quite new to this (I've only seen Pacific Rim and was really entertained), but I think they're ****ing awesome. :worship2:

Really excited for the new Godzilla movie. :party:

Hexxx

I LOVE GIANT MONSTERRRS

Who is your favorite Kaiju?

Godzilla (millennium)

Gamera Vs Zigra, i was 4

What are your top 6 Kaiju film?

Godzilla Vs Megaguirus

Godzilla Vs Megalon

Rebirth Of Mothra
Rodan
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla Vs. Gamera

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Shu Rin

Yaaaaay this wasn't a flop!  :party:

Welcome everyone! Hope you are all going to see Godzilla on opening weekend. That will be the topic the monday after. If you guys have any ideas for topics please let me know. I've got a few planned for the next few weeks, but i'd like us all to contribute to what we talk about.

Mothra

YES! Queen Of Monsters!

Tokyo SOS slays me

That one is definitely in my top 10. The Kiryu movies are one of the best of the Millennium series.

I'm quite new to this (I've only seen Pacific Rim and was really entertained), but I think they're ****ing awesome.

Really excited for the new Godzilla movie. 

That's great. I loved Pacific Rim too. Have you seen any other Kaiju films since then?

~I Wanna Join~

Favorite Kaiju: Ghidorah 

Ghidorah is such an interesting Kaiju to watch. I think it's cause of his heads. Do you have a favorite version?

Gamera Vs Zigra, i was 4

Wow, how rare that your first Kaiju film wasn't a Godzilla film, thats usually everyone's first. Cool!

The Earth remembers, the stones remember. If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

Hexxx

My full list of favorite monsters are
Godzilla
Anguirus
Rodan
Mothra
Jet Jaguar (i liked him after i played Godzilla Save The Earth)
King Ghidorah
Gigan

Zigra

Wow, how rare that your first Kaiju film wasn't a Godzilla film, thats usually everyone's first. Cool!

Yeah it was pretty cool. but i'll go back and watch it again someday. if i find on the internet or something lol :flop:

Lina Morgana

Ghidorah is such an interesting Kaiju to watch. I think it's cause of his heads. Do you have a favorite version?

I don't, Ghidorah slays no matter what.

" I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't write... no real talent. But I'm pretty, and I can make money off pretty."

Hexxx

I don't, Ghidorah slays no matter what.

i didn't know he had a movie of his own

Shu Rin

i didn't know he had a movie of his own

He doesn't, but he has starred in many movies and most of the time his appearance and origin changes. The most unique one is definitely the GMK Ghidorah. Not only was it the smallest incarnation of the character, but it was also the only time Ghidorah has been the good guy of a Godzilla film.

Hexxx

I think Rodan was my second Giant Monster Movie.... or was it Gojira? either way both were really good

Staryu

Cool! I'll watch it and it will be my first Godzilla movie :party: which is good 'cause the reboot is coming fairly soon. :emma:

Staryu

Godzilla looks quite cute on the poster. Not even kidding. :laughga:

Shu Rin

Cool! I'll watch it and it will be my first Godzilla movie :party: which is good 'cause the reboot is coming fairly soon. :emma:

I hope you like it. we'll be watching the original 1954 film as well after the release of the new movie.  :)

Archived