đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way Foundation Discussion

Crayon

Featured Posts

wut.

Serious, this is about anti-bullying and more and more people are tarnishing this fan base's reputation. She's the queen of twitter, she must know what happened to Kelly Osbourne and others. Right?

Edited by vesp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawson

• Miracle Whip

• Crayon

• poseur

Miracle Whip

Serious, this is about anti-bullying and more and more people are tarnishing this fan base's reputation. She's the queen of twitter, she must know what happened to Kelly Clarkson and others. Right?

you mean kelly osbourne right?

:toofunny:

you mean kelly osbourne right?

:lmfao: It's 7 am here, you'll cut me some slack. Yes, Osbourne. *edits*

Edited by vesp

boysboysboys

Serious, this is about anti-bullying and more and more people are tarnishing this fan base's reputation. She's the queen of twitter, she must know what happened to Kelly Osbourne and others. Right?

She could (and should) care less about that troll. Trust me. ;)

She could (and should) care less about that troll. Trust me. ;)

Kelly?

Regardless, this is the message she's preaching, to forget the negativity and focus on the positivity, and it isn't a stretch to think that (knowing more and more people are thinking of Gaga fans as rabid bullies) addressing this issue within her own fanbase would detract it somewhat.

Edited by vesp

Pure Adrenaline

Just watched the whole thing, really inspirational, a bit maudlin in parts but her heart is so in the right place.

And it made me think of something when Kathleen brought up her 20 million twitter followers...yeah Gaga, just say it, she must know some of the little monsters are known as ruthless and huge bullies to Kelly Osbourne, Madonna, etc...put your money where your mouth is and call them on it, Gaga. A good chunk of her fans are bullies, too, everyone keeps saying it and it's only getting worse. And I think she should make a statement. :)

where did you watch it

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Elizabeth

I love what's she's doing with this whole thing, I hope it all goes well. I haven't been able to watch the launch yet though.

Just watched the whole thing, really inspirational, a bit maudlin in parts but her heart is so in the right place.

And it made me think of something when Kathleen brought up her 20 million twitter followers...yeah Gaga, just say it, she must know some of the little monsters are known as ruthless and huge bullies to Kelly Osbourne, Madonna, etc...call them on it, Gaga. A good chunk of her fans are bullies, unfortunately, and everyone keeps saying it and it's only getting worse. And I think she should make a statement. :)

A bit of an over exaggeration to say a huge chunk of her fans are bullies dont you think? It's still very much a minority.

Miracle Whip

I love what's she's doing with this whole thing, I hope it all goes well. I haven't been able to watch the launch yet though.

A bit of an over exaggeration to say a huge chunk of her fans are bullies dont you think? It's still very much a minority.

An embarrassingly dumb, childish, and off topic, thought I had while watching the launch video...

Express Yourself - a pop song

Born This Way - a pop song that inspires a charitable organization/social movement backed by Harvard and Oprah.

Reductive say what?

I know it's off-topic but just in case you don't know (though you're smart, I'm sure you do), EY and its music video were considered a feminist ode to freedom in context of the anti-feminist or the "backlash" ideology dominant in the US, since the rise of the New Right in the 1980s and the government of Ronald Reagan and Bush. So it, like BTW, was not just a pop song, it was very inspirational at the time and obviously enough so that 22 years later it will still inspiring people like Gaga. :)

On twitter? It isn't, sorry, the twitter monsters are considered rabid and overwhelming by Gaga fans here even (see Kelly Osbourne being bombarded). And I think it'd be great if Gaga addressed that.

Edited by vesp

On twitter? It isn't, sorry, the twitter monsters are considered rabid and overwhelming by Gaga fans here even (see Kelly Osbourne being bombarded). And I think it'd be great if Gaga addressed that.

Twitter is representative of only a small portion of her huge fanbase. Only the hardcore little monsters are on places like here and on Twitter. There are a ton of regular little monsters that don't do this sort of thing.

Elizabeth

Yes, even on Twitter I don't consider it a majority. Its just a small number of fans who shout the loudest and get noticed for all of the wrong reasons. I do think it would be a good Idea for Gaga to address the situation though.

Twitter is representative of only a small portion of her huge fanbase. Only the hardcore little monsters are on places like here and on Twitter. There are a ton of regular little monsters that don't do this sort of thing.

Yep, said that above. :) I'm only talking about twitter, after recent events like the Adele thing which actually made news, and now Kelly Osbourne, among others. It does happen unfortunately, I know it does with all fanbases, but Gaga could do worse than to address it.

Yes, even on Twitter I don't consider it a majority. Its just a small number of fans who shout the loudest and get noticed for all of the wrong reasons. I do think it would be a good Idea for Gaga to address the situation though.

Me too. It'd alleviate the situation a bit at least tbh.

Edited by vesp

NathanC

Why on earth would Gaga address that troll Kelly osborne? If youre trying to compare the plight of a bullied gay teen and that of a D class star, youre delusional... Kelly is in the business of mocking and criticizing others... That in itself is a form of bullying... She's in the business of bullying... For her to cry victim is a joke...

Besides who really uses twitter besides tweens with a lot of free time and unemployed adults? If it wasnt for gaga i wouldnt even know what twitter is beyond the concept...

Edited by NathanC

Why on earth would Gaga address that troll Kelly osborne? If youre trying to compare the plight of a bullied gay teen and that of a D class star, youre delusional... Kelly is in the business of mocking and criticizing others... That in itself is a form of bullying... She's in the business of bullying... For her to cry victim is a joke...

Besides who really uses twitter besides tweens with a lot of free time and unemployed adults? If it wasnt for gaga i wouldnt even know what twitter is beyond the concept...

Nobody would argue that what Kelly endured was even in the same realm of difficulty of what gay teens are enduring daily all over the world, but that doesn't change the fact that what many Gaga fans are doing via twitter IS bullying, plain and simple. And even though it is a very small minority of her fans, they are giving the whole community a reputation (just look at Santigold's recent comments). It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch, as they say.

I wouldn't mind if she addressed it. It's horrible having her very fanbase constantly undercut her genuinely important message.

• Haroon locked this topic