Angband.jpg

The Tower Of Barad-dûr when compared on some of today's highest buildings:

ATLAh.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

ATLAh.jpg

I wanna see it so bad :giveup: I just wanna walk up there, all the way up :flutter:

Whenever I saw those wide shots in the LOTR movies I always fantasized about what kind of rooms there would be, you know, what does that huge structure hide? :giveup:

VforVendetta

I wanna see it so bad :giveup: I just wanna walk up there, all the way up :flutter:

Whenever I saw those wide shots in the LOTR movies I always fantasized about what kind of rooms there would be, you know, what does that huge structure hide? :giveup:

Well you know, palandir, prisoners, orcs, nazguls, armours, war earnings, Mair things and other evil stuff. :derpga:

I have posted more fan art in the previous pages if you haven't seen them. :)

I want Orthanc as my own personal tower tbh so I could go on the roof and just call up a storm :whitney: And Minas Morgul would be my residence when I'm at war to show my menacing power :whitney:

:emma:

rs_560x498-130826134818-LadyGAga.gif

VforVendetta

I want Orthanc as my own personal tower tbh so I could go on the roof and just call up a storm :whitney: And Minas Morgul would be my residence when I'm at war to show my menacing power :whitney:

:emma:

I didn't know you were a Maiar, slay!

I didn't know you were a Maiar, slay!

I'm a sorcerer like the Witch King actually but when I find a Maia I will kill it and absorb its powers :emma:

VforVendetta

I'm a sorcerer like the Witch King actually but when I find a Maia I will kill it and absorb its powers :emma:

You need to stop watching cartoons, you can't do that.

Also Witch-King of Angmar is not actually a sorcerer. I'd actually call him a ghost with a ring of power. His power comes from Sauron's will and power + The One Ring.

You need to stop watching cartoons, you can't do that.

Also Witch-King of Angmar is not actually a sorcerer. I'd actually call him a ghost with a ring of power. His power comes from Sauron's will and power + The One Ring.

He didn't do sorcery before getting the ring :udidnt:

VforVendetta

He didn't do sorcery before getting the ring :udidnt:

No, he was a Human king. When he wore the ring of Power he got many powers, his life was expanded and he could walk in the dimension between dead and alive, the dimension of the one ring. As the years passed their lives became unbeareble till they completely passed to the dimension of the one ring and became the Nazgul. The Power Of The One Ring is feeding them, they can't excist without it.

No, he was a Human king. When we wore the ring of Power he got many powers, his life was expanded and he could walk in the dimension between dead and alive, the dimension of the one ring. As the years passed their lives became unbeareble till they completely passes to the dimension of the one ring and became the Nazgul. The Power Of The One Ring is feeding them, they can't excist without it.

Do they have enough will to remove their rings and die? Or are they coward and can't face death? Or are they just puppets?

And why didn't the 7 rings affect the dwarves in the same way?

VforVendetta

Do they have enough will to remove their rings and die? Or are they coward and can't face death? Or are they just puppets?

And why didn't the 7 rings affect the dwarves in the same way?

They can't remove the rings of power because they are slaves to Sauron's will. I don't think that they have an opinion on that matter tbh.

Also the rings did affect the dwarfs but in a different way then the humans and the truth is that Sauron didn't expect that the Dwarfs would have that resistance in his powers. (Dont forget that the Dwarfs were made by Aule and because he predicted the evil Morgoth would rise in Arda he made them very resistant to evil). The rings gave to the dwarfs much bigger life-time and they increased in them the lust for gold and so they destroyed them with with other ways. For example Thror, king under the mountain had a ring of Power that increased in him the lust of gold (a sickness of the mind as Bilbo call it in the movie) and his lust of gold made Erebor a very powerful kingdom till the Dragon came and the Kingdom fall. Sauron eventually reclaimed 3-4 of the 7 rings of the Dwarfs while the others were destroyed by Dragon fire. Thror's ring was reclaimed by Sauron because in the battle of Moria Azog killed Thror and Threin took his ring of Power but Sauron found him and reclaimed it. In the movie Peter Jackson isn't refering directly the ring of Power as the reason Thor had a huge last for gold but if you actually pause the movie in part that the dragon arrives to Erebor and Thor removes the Archestone for his throne you will see that he wears a blue ring on his hand.

thror-ring2.jpg

HobbitringThrorclrg2.jpg

They can't remove the rings of power because they are slaves to Sauron's will. I don't think that they have an opinion on that matter tbh.

Also the rings did affect the dwarfs but in a different way then the humans and the truth is that Sauron didn't expect that the Dwarfs would have that resistance in his powers. (Dont forget that the Dwarfs were made by Aule and because he predicted the evil Morgoth would rise in Arda he made them very resistant to evil). The rings gave to the dwarfs much bigger life-time and they increased in them the lust for gold and so they destroyed them with with other ways. For example Thror, king under the mountain had a ring of Power that increased in him the lust of gold (a sickness of the mind as Bilbo call it in the movie) and his lust of gold made Erebor a very powerful kingdom till the Dragon came and the Kingdom fall. Sauron eventually reclaimed 3-4 of the 7 rings of the Dwarfs while the others were destroyed by Dragon fire. Thror's ring was reclaimed by Sauron because in the battle of Moria Azog killed Thror and Threin took his ring of Power but Sauron found him and reclaimed it. In the movie Peter Jackson isn't refering directly the ring of Power as the reason Thor had a huge last for gold but if you actually pause the movie in part that the dragon arrives to Erebor and Thor removes the Archestone for his throne you will see that he wears a blue ring on his hand.thror-ring2.jpgHobbitringThrorclrg2.jpg

Thanks for explaning, wow you really know this stuff :giveup:

Since we're on the subject of the rings: sauron made the nine and gave them to the nine kings. Did he also make the seven? All I know is that the three weren't made by sauron (i think?) and if so how could he have gained power over them?

:udidnt: how could I have missed this thread

LOTR is just my life :legend:
I've read the silmarillion 3 times now :legend:

:nooo:  :nooo:

:)

VforVendetta

Thanks for explaning, wow you really know this stuff :giveup:

Since we're on the subject of the rings: sauron made the nine and gave them to the nine kings. Did he also make the seven? All I know is that the three weren't made by sauron (i think?) and if so how could he have gained power over them?

Only The One Ring was made by Sauron. The 9 and 7 were just made under Saurons instructions and commands by Celebribor and the elves and so they are polluted by Dark Magic while he he wasn't there when the 3 were made and so he has never touched them (they are the most powerful but because they have been made by the philosophy of the elves they can only be used for protection and stuff and the one that wears them isn't going to the dimension of the One Ring). All are obeying to the one ring though because Sauron taught the elves the art of creating magical Rings and so he could make a ring to command all others that were made with his techniques. This is why all the Rings of Power are very beautiful, with Diamonds etc while the One Ring is very simple and not nearly as beautiful as the others. The first ones were made by the elves while the last one by Sauron.

:udidnt: how could I have missed this thread

LOTR is just my life

I've read the silmarillion 3 times now :legend:

:nooo:

:legend: You can follow it if you want so that you can always be in contact, it doesn't have heavy traffic anyway.

:legend: You can follow it if you want so that you can always be in contact, it doesn't have heavy traffic anyway.

oh I will  :classy:

and I have this framed and on my bedroom wall:

map%20of%20middle%20earth.jpg

:)

Archived