Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga wears Jean Paul Gaultier in her new project

Pierre

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AyaKara

Do we have photos or you only have this info?

I was referencing a Lana song :toofloppy: I'm so sorry :deadbanana: the song is "Breaking My Heart".

rivingtonreject

What does "couture" mean? I mean I thought I knew but apparently I don't haha

LOL

the modern definition is 'only for show'. Couture pieces are usually one of a kind and not produced in large quantities to be sold. the wearer is often chosen or offered to wear the garment as it is very exclusive. It has nothing to do with if you can afford it or not because couture is likely not for sale at least until the next season (SS vs FW)

JazzGa

What does "couture" mean? I mean I thought I knew but apparently I don't haha

LOL

-- EDIT-- WHOOPS like 12 million people already answered your question, sorry!! 

Alright prepare your body for knowledge :legend:

"Couture" literally translates as "dressmaking" in French, but it usually referrs to "Haute Couture," or "high fashion." There's an official league of "haute couture" houses, and today only 9 houses are officially "couture." (Chanel, Versace, Dior, Lacroix, Givency, and I forget the others lol)

I like to think of it as more "art" than just "clothes" i.e. something a normal person, rich or poor, would never wear around on a daily basis, or could not even get access to purchase no matter how much money you have (unless of course you are Gaga ;) )  Like fine art, It's made to be looked at, not sold, and can often be too weird or impractical for the public to desire. It's hand-made, custom-fitted and often one-of-a-kind. :) So all couture is designer, but not all designer is couture, nahwatamsayin? 

So it's a great honor for Gaga to wear couture since it's something you usually can't just throw wads of money at to gain access to!! :)

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

PoshLife

Alright prepare your body for knowledge :legend:

"Coture" literally translates as "dressmaking" in French, but it usually referrs to "Haute Coture," or "high fashion." There's an official league of "haute coture" houses, and today only 9 houses are officially "coture." (Chanel, Versace, Dior, Lacroix, Givency, and I forget the others lol)

I like to think of it as more "art" than just "clothes" i.e. something a normal person, rich or poor, would never wear around on a daily basis, or could not even get access to purchase no matter how much money you have (unless of course you are Gaga ;) )  Like fine art, It's made to be looked at, not sold, and can often be too weird or impractical for the public to desire. It's hand-made, custom-fitted and often one-of-a-kind. :) So all coture is designer, but not all designer is coture, nahwatamsayin? 

So it's a great honor for Gaga to wear coture since it's something you usually can't just throw wads of money at to gain access to!! :)

my body wasn't ready :hor:

seriously though thanks for the info! I always thought of "high fashion" in that way (i.e. fashion as an art form that's more for looking at instead of actually wearing) but I didn't realize couture was the same/similar.

JazzGa

my body wasn't ready :hor:

seriously though thanks for the info! I always thought of "high fashion" in that way (i.e. fashion as an art form that's more for looking at instead of actually wearing) but I didn't realize couture was the same/similar.

I saw that like 10 people had already answered your question after I posted mine, so sorry for further spamming you!! :cryga:  

PoshLife

I saw that like 10 people had already answered your question after I posted mine, so sorry for further spamming you!! :cryga:

LOL I think it was just my friend Pierre, but I still appreciated what you added!

Edit: oh you're right it was multiple people, I never saw those before :lmao: Thanks everyone!

MonsterMum

Darling it's "couture" tho ;)

Computer

I just have to say I loved their tv special together!

2806_original.jpg

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

JazzGa

Darling it's "couture" tho ;)

Lol how did i miss all those red squigglies under the words

Archived