• Created
  • Last Reply

13 Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly) 0.3571 0.3553

should be dark green i think...

blahblahblahhhh

673. Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory

881. Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory

let's see it rise

I was just about to ask if someone has the current TEOG position :)

blahblahblahhhh

now

501. Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory

509. Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory

Well, it's something :party:

I guess it's the sort of rise on itunes for TEOG we can expect from a cover on X-Factor.  It's not quite like Tracy Chapman's 'Fast Car' which peaked in the UK at #4 some 23 years after its original release because someone covered it on Britain's Got Talent, but strange things can happen here.  Maybe TEOG will get a new UK chart peak when someone covers it in 2034.

I guess it's the sort of rise on itunes for TEOG we can expect from a cover on X-Factor.  It's not quite like Tracy Chapman's 'Fast Car' which peaked in the UK at #4 some 23 years after its original release because someone covered it on Britain's Got Talent, but strange things can happen here.  Maybe TEOG will get a new UK chart peak when someone covers it in 2034.

Yeah it's still current and was a big hit anyway. Songs like Fast Car get huge because it is discovered by a young audience that probably weren't familiar with it before.

StrawberryBlond

Just some little tidbits of UK Gaga recognition - Dermot O'Leary said in an interview that his favourite guest performer on XF this year was Gaga, he "loved the statement she was making" and said it was awesome to get a hug from her. And Gaga also was submitted for several awards on the Heat Magazine Readers Poll (poll designed by Heat themselves) - Ultimate Celebrity, Best Feud (with Kelly O), Self Promoter Of The Year, Worst Hair (the only negative award), Best Pop Star, Best Album, Best Single (Applause) and Best Music Video (Applause). I doubt she'll win any of them but it's nice to see the magazine still thinks she has that impact despite her lacklustre year. They included the biggest #1's of the year in that single poll, so I'm really surprised they added Applause, considering it only went to #5 (the joint lowest charting track on the poll, along with Dear Darlin'). Even when she's supposedly flopping, Gaga is still considered important, folks. You can't keep a good girl down.

Just some little tidbits of UK Gaga recognition - Dermot O'Leary said in an interview that his favourite guest performer on XF this year was Gaga, he "loved the statement she was making" and said it was awesome to get a hug from her. And Gaga also was submitted for several awards on the Heat Magazine Readers Poll (poll designed by Heat themselves) - Ultimate Celebrity, Best Feud (with Kelly O), Self Promoter Of The Year, Worst Hair (the only negative award), Best Pop Star, Best Album, Best Single (Applause) and Best Music Video (Applause). I doubt she'll win any of them but it's nice to see the magazine still thinks she has that impact despite her lacklustre year. They included the biggest #1's of the year in that single poll, so I'm really surprised they added Applause, considering it only went to #5 (the joint lowest charting track on the poll, along with Dear Darlin'). Even when she's supposedly flopping, Gaga is still considered important, folks. You can't keep a good girl down.

This reminded me when a Billboard / Music Industry year-end report for 2012 still included Gaga as among the most important artists of that year - from the very people within the industry, despite her notable absence in the spotlight at that time.  :applause:

Archived