đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

tezbear91

Glad Gaga is at #7 :)

It's good that she is hanging on in the top 10. Don't think she will stay #5 on Sunday though.

battle for your life.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crownlessking

Don't wanna be cynical and stuff but isn't it not that great that Applause is currently #7 in the UK?

Like, it was only realised a week or so ago (albiet rush released) and like, shouldn't it be higher?

I'm not being cynical or shade-y or anything, I'm just genuinely asking a question because it's the first time I've really paid any attention to the charts and I just always assumed that Gaga was higher, not that it really matters, though.

tezbear91

Don't wanna be cynical and stuff but isn't it not that great that Applause is currently #7 in the UK?

Like, it was only realised a week or so ago (albiet rush released) and like, shouldn't it be higher?

I'm not being cynical or shade-y or anything, I'm just genuinely asking a question because it's the first time I've really paid any attention to the charts and I just always assumed that Gaga was higher, not that it really matters, though.

No I think it's great. what we didn't want is another BTW moment where it shot up to number 1 then slowly died down. It's good that it's swimming up and down top 10. It means people in the UK like it cause it would of been out of 10 ages ago. 

battle for your life.

Harry

Since she hasn't had a hit in over two years (literally, EoG was her last big song) I'm happy with her being at #7. Especially with limited airplay, video play and promo. If the second single doesn't do better off the back of this then I will be disappointed.

I think we're happy that she's climbing rather than the position though.

Since she hasn't had a hit in over two years (literally, EoG was her last big song) I'm happy with her being at #7. Especially with limited airplay, video play and promo. If the second single doesn't do better off the back of this then I will be disappointed.

Why limited airplay, though? Why radio isn't playing Gaga? 

crownlessking

No I think it's great. what we didn't want is another BTW moment where it shot up to number 1 then slowly died down. It's good that it's swimming up and down top 10. It means people in the UK like it cause it would of been out of 10 ages ago. 

Ah, that's true! I guess it's better to be in the top 10, even if it's just continuously in the lower half, than in the top and then drop out.

But the fact that she hasn't had a hit in two years made me think that it'd be higher. Ah well, I guess the GP are more fickle than I thought. Yep, this is true, climbing is all good!

If Aura's the second single it'll slay imo.

Freddy

Applause is #9 in the midweek chart. Another week in the top 10 is a given :)

**If the sales remains stable she could be #6 in 24 hours

Earthquake went from 0.5249 to 0.4879 in 24 hours, while Gaga only gained in 24 hours.

Harry

Why limited airplay, though? Why radio isn't playing Gaga?

Well they are, but not a lot - yet. It's building, just like it is on iTunes.

But the fact that she hasn't had a hit in two years made me think that it'd be higher. Ah well, I guess the GP are more fickle than I thought. Yep, this is true, climbing is all good!

If Aura's the second single it'll slay imo.

But why would you think that? If it came off the back of a era that went out with a bang - maybe. But when Marry The Night was your last single? No. She lost a lot of interest with BTW, and when you're someone polarising like Gaga it's gonna be hard to bring people back in. Especially two years on. So tbh we should be glad it's still in the top ten and hasn't fizzled out completely lol

Applause is #9 in the midweek chart. Another week in the top 10 is a given :)

**If the sales remains stable she could be #6 in 24 hours

Earthquake went from 0.5249 to 0.4879 in 24 hours, while Gaga only gained in 24 hours.

Good! Is that the Wednesday Radio 1 update? Cos she will probably have risen a few spots from #9 since she's doing well.

crownlessking

Well they are, but not a lot - yet. It's building, just like it is on iTunes.

But why would you think that? If it came off the back of a era that went out with a bang - maybe. But when Marry The Night was your last single? No. She lost a lot of interest with BTW, and when you're someone polarising like Gaga it's gonna be hard to bring people back in. Especially two years on. So tbh we should be glad it's still in the top ten and hasn't fizzled out completely lol

Yeah, that's true. I forget Marry the Night flopped sometimes. Still, I thought that people would want her back more than they do. Never mind, she'll hopefully slay with this era. Applause seemed like the safe option tbh so I've got big expectations.

Freddy

Good! Is that the Wednesday Radio 1 update? Cos she will probably have risen a few spots from #9 since she's doing well.

it is today's update I think. She will be #8 or #9 this sunday.

I'm surprised Earthquake isn't slaying. The music video was played non stop on channels

Archived