💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga wearing a burqa backstage in Vancouver

JPM

Featured Posts

By your logic, we should ask Lady Gaga to stop lobbying for LGBT rights since that is the cause of heavy conflict in the USA right now.

Moot.

Well in that case, I'll put it this way: wearing what she wore has the potential to offend a group of people, for no discernable reason or cause. It's hardly the same as campaigning for the rights of a group of people, is it?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CANNOGABANG

I highly doubt she's going to only wear a burqa. if people get turned off by that one image, then they would not be fans of her already.

I can look past that because I'm a fan and I assumed that she have a goal in her mind (but she's doing it wrongly by provoking religious issues) but those who are not fan will not look at it that way.

I can look past that because I'm a fan and I assumed that she have a goal in her mind (but she's doing it wrongly by provoking religious issues) but those who are not fan will not look at it that way.

Yeah, that's pretty much my point, it's senseless, there's no cause and it could be offensive to a lot of people.

Evanescence

Well in that case, I'll put it this way: wearing what she wore has the potential to offend a group of people, for no discernable reason or cause. It's hardly the same as campaigning for the rights of a group of people, is it?

What she has said and continues to say with regards to LGBT rights offends extremist Christians in the USA yet you don't seem to have a problem with that. If she potentially can offend the extremist Muslim, then that's when people start throwing the political correctness card?

I have many Muslim friends being a Lebanese, and many of them upon seeing Lady Gaga's photo laughed and commented that she wore it wrongly. They loved her makeup.

What about that?

Yesterday the fur issue. Today the burqa. People here talk with so much political correctness that they don't see through their own hypocrisy.

What she has said and continues to say with regards to LGBT rights offends extremist Christians in the USA yet you don't seem to have a problem with that. If she potentially can offend the extremist Muslim, then that's when people start throwing the political correctness card?

I have many Muslim friends being a Lebanese, and many of them upon seeing Lady Gaga's photo laughed and commented that she wore it wrongly. They loved her makeup.

What about that?

As I stated, she has a cause when she's being an LGBT activist, but there is no cause for this.

As I stated, she has a cause when she's being an LGBT activist, but there is no cause for this.

Maybe she's getting 3rd degree burns because she's not used to being back in the spotlight.

I could care less about whether or not her simply wearing one starts a controversy. I'm more concerned, ultimately, with what she intends to do with this imagery, what sort of commentary she tries to make. Is she going to use it as some sort of broad metaphor? (a la the lyrics to Judas), or does she actually plan to comment on Islamic culture in some way? Or is it purely a fashion statement (could it ever be, though, given the already complex context that surrounds the garment?) I just hope whatever she does doesn't oversimplify things.

Evanescence

How do you know that? She could be making a statement of some kind, most likely related to her potential song Burqa. We'll judge her intent when that is clear. Until then, let's avoid making assumptions.

Nice talking to you :)

heavyMetalGAGA

Sorry Gaga but you're not Muslim PLEASE STOP wearing Burqa's its disrespectful

Just because you're not muslim doesn't mean you can't wear a burqua. I find that comment to be disrespectful :chica:

How do you know that? She could be making a statement of some kind, most likely related to her potential song Burqa. We'll judge her intent when that is clear. Until then, let's avoid making assumptions.

Nice talking to you :)

As long as she has a reason, and isn't hypocritically aiming simply to offend, then I'm totally satisfied. If her choices promote progress and all the other things she advocates, then I'd be glad that the whole "Burqa" thing happened.

Nice talking to you too.

Evanescence

As long as she has a reason, and isn't hypocritically aiming simply to offend, then I'm totally satisfied. If her choices promote progress and all the other things she advocates, then I'd be glad that the whole "Burqa" thing happened.

Nice talking to you too.

Fair enough :hug:

I agree :)

Arturo

I just don't get why she had to have her picture taken with these people? They are not monsters, so who are they? Canadian celebs or something?

If i had to have my pic taken with those people i think i'd wear a burka too *sickyface*

:wtf: Disgusting.

Just because they aren't all colorful and dressed like cheap drag queens doesn't mean they are less of fans than we are.

Westerns reporters have been REQUIRED to wear burkja-type clothing to do their job in Islamic countries.

It's not like a Nun's habit or sacred Naive headdress.

I'm sure somewhere on ARTPOP is a song inspired by the Indonesia tour situation. It's not just random fashion.

Galactic Mess

How the heck can people judge a song by a title? :rofl:

Ikr? If Burqa is actually the lead, I bet it's really catchy with inoffensive lyrics.

Archived