💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Born This Way' Album Lyrics † Song Info Topic

SMILE2NE1

Born this Way Vs Born This Way (The Country Road)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Born this Way Vs Born This Way (The Country Road)

• Born this Way
    • Born This Way (The Country Road)
    • Express Yourself

Featured Posts

SMILE2NE1

BORN THIS WAY ALBUM LYRICS † SONG INFO TOPIC

TRACKLIST (Producer italicised) (*Bonus tracks) / Track lengths:

1. MARRY THE NIGHT (Garibay/) / 4:24

LYRICS:

I'm gonna marry the night I won't give up on my life I'm a warrior queen Live passionately tonight I'm gonna marry the dark Gonna make love to the stark I'm a soldier to my own emptiness I'm a winner PRE-CHORUS: I'm gonna marry the night, I'm gonna marry the night, Gonna marry the night. CHORUS: I'm gonna marry the night, I'm not gonna cry anymore I'm gonna marry the night, leave nothin' on these streets to explore POST-CHORUS: Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry the night Oh ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry the night VERSE 2: I'm gonna lace up my boots Throw on some leather and cruise Down the street that I love In my fishnet gloves I'm a sinner Then I'll go down to the bar But I won't cry anymore I'll hold my whiskey up high Kiss the bartender twice I'm a loser PRE-CHORUS: I'm gonna marry the night, I'm gonna marry the night. CHORUS: I'm gonna marry the night, I'm not gonna cry anymore I'm gonna marry the night, leave nothin' on these streets to explore POST-CHORUS: Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry the night Oh ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry the night BRIDGE: Nothing's to cool To take me from you New York is not just a tan that you'll never lose Love is the new Denim or black Skeleton guns Are wedding bells in the attic Get Ginger ready Climb to El Camino front Won't poke holes in the seats with my heels Cuz that's where we make love Come on and runnnnnn Turn the car on and runnnnnn CHORUS: I'm gonna marry the night We're gonna burn a hole in the road I'm gonna marry the night Leave nothin' on these streets to explore POST-CHORUS: Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry the night Oh ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry Ma-ma-ma-marry the night OUTRO: I'm gonna marry, marry, I'm gonna marry, marry, Come on, come on, The night, the night, the night, the night, the night, the night, the night, The night, the night, the night, the night, the night, the night, The night, the night, the night

VERSE 1:

• Via Gagadaily
    The fifth cut from Gaga’s multi-platinum album Born This Way is the fan favorite dance track “Marry The Night,†which was produced by Fernando Garibay and is inspired by Gaga’s love for her hometown New York City.

“I wrote so many songs on this new album about New York City, but one in particular ‘Marry The Night,’ that record is about my husband, New York,†she told MTV prior to the album release.

“You know, we’ve been working together for years, so I’m so excited. I feel like, you and I have yet to have our big hit record,†Gaga said of collaborating with Garibay. “I kept saying to him, ‘I don’t want to do anything I’ve done before. I don’t want to sound like anything I’ve done before.’â€

“He goes ‘Your show is a religion and your fans are a cult,’†she recalled. “And I heard these church bells. It’s this epic music. It’s just so big. And I started to cry. He said, ‘What’s wrong?’ And I said,’I can’t believe that you hear me so big.’ â€

“It’s like Whitney, but imagine if Bruce Springsteen had a baby with Whitney Houston  that’s what it is,†she added. “And that was it! We made a baby. Finally. After all that fornication, miserably long and tedious, Fernando and I finally conceived.â€

“Marry The Night†debuted on Billboard’s top 100 singles back in May, when it reached number 79 due to strong digital sales following the release of Born This Way.
  • Garibay:
    We did this [dance] song that possibly might be the third single; it's called 'Marry the Night.' It's probably one of my favorite songs on the album. It tells about being yourself and individuality and never forgetting who you are.
  • NME:
    Peak-era Whitney Houston-esque pop euphoria up top, with churning techno grinding underneath. "This is about me going back to New York. I wrote this about the courage it took for me to say 'I hate Hollywood, I just wanna live in Brooklyn and make music.
  • Gaga said:
  • Magazine interview: The song "Marry the Night," which Gaga wrote once she was this superstar she had always dreamed of being, is particularly memorable. She says that once she had become a household name--after winning Grammys, after wrestling with Madonna on Saturday Night Live, after countless magazine covers--she felt pressured to move to the pop-culture mecca that is Los Angeles. "I had all these number-one records, and I had sold all these albums, and it was sort of this turning point: Am I going to try and embrace Hollywood and assimilate to that culture?" Suffice to say, it didn't work out. "I put my toe in that water, and it was a Kegel-exercise vaginal reaction where I clenched and had to retract immediately," she says in a very vivid metaphor. "I ran furiously back to New York, to my old apartment, and I hung out with my friends, and I went to the same bars."
  • Gaga wants Marry the Night to be the 3rd single
  • Gaga: It's my absolute favourite track on the album.
  • Gaga: It's about my journey in the music business once I had been through the evolution from The Fame to The Fame Monster. How I ultimately decided that I'm really only in this for the music and I'm not in it for the money, the glamour, and the after parties. I'm in it to be a performer and to be honest and truthful with my records. Why do I have to live in a big house? Why do I have to have tonnes of fancy cars? Why can't I just live in a little apartment in Brooklyn and shove all my fashion into the biggest closet I can find and just live how I've always lived?
  • Originally chosen as the first single
  • First song on the record - represents birth/beginnings
  • Fernando Garibay produced
  • The song - It was like this sonic light bulb went off and we were like, "That's the sound! That's the future."

2. BORN THIS WAY (Garibay/DJ WhiteShadow/Jeppe Laursen) /4:20

It doesn’t matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M Just put your paws up ’cause you were Born This Way, Baby VERSE: My mama told me when I was young We are all born superstars She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on In the glass of her boudoir “There’s nothing wrong with lovin’ who you are†She said, “‘Cause he made you perfect, babe†“So hold your head up girl and you’ll go far, Listen to me when I say†CHORUS: I’m beautiful in my way ‘Cause God makes no mistakes I’m on the right track baby I was Born This Way Don’t hide yourself in regret Just love yourself and you’re set I’m on the right track baby I was Born This Way POST-CHORUS: Ooo there ain’t no other way Baby I was born this way Baby I was born this way Ooo there ain’t no other way Baby I was born- I’m on the right track baby I was born this way Don’t be a drag – just be a queen Don’t be a drag – just be a queen Don’t be a drag – just be a queen Don’t be! VERSE: Give yourself prudence And love your friends Subway kid, rejoice your truth In the religion of the insecure I must be myself, respect my youth A different lover is not a sin Believe capital H-I-M (hey hey hey) I love my life I love this record and Mi amore vole fe yah (love needs faith) CHORUS: I’m beautiful in my way ‘Cause God makes no mistakes I’m on the right track baby I was Born This Way Don’t hide yourself in regret Just love yourself and you’re set I’m on the right track baby I was Born This Way POST-CHORUS: Ooo there ain’t no other way Baby I was born this way Baby I was born this way Ooo there ain’t no other way Baby I was born- I’m on the right track baby I was born this way BRIDGE: Don’t be a drag, just be a queen Whether you’re broke or evergreen You’re black, white, beige, chola descent You’re lebanese, you’re orient Whether life’s disabilities Left you outcast, bullied, or teased Rejoice and love yourself today ‘Cause baby you were born this way No matter gay, straight, or bi, Lesbian, transgendered life I’m on the right track baby I was born to survive No matter black, white or beige Chola or orient made I’m on the right track baby I was born to be brave CHORUS: I’m beautiful in my way ‘Cause God makes no mistakes I’m on the right track baby I was Born This Way Don’t hide yourself in regret Just love yourself and you’re set I’m on the right track baby I was Born This Way OUTRO/REFRAIN: I was born this way hey! I was born this way hey! I’m on the right track baby I was born this way hey! I was born this way hey! I was born this way hey! I’m on the right track baby I was born this way hey! Same DNA but born this way Same DNA but born this way

LYRICS:

Music Video Link
Country Road Version

There are copious amounts of s on this song (I'll concentrate more on songs we haven't heard):

INTRO:

• Released 11th of February 2011
  • Elton John says "This is the new 'I Will Survive.' That was the gay anthem. This is the new gay anthem. Actually, it's not a gay anthem - it can apply to anybody...this it he gayest song I have heard...it's ****ing amazing"
  • Many people ask about capital h-i-m and what it means, Gaga calls its her inspiration in the SHOWSTUDIO interview and it basically means God or whatever anyone chooses to believe in.

3. GOVERNMENT HOOKER (Garibay/DJ WhiteShadow/DJ Snake) / 4:14

Gaga, Gaha-aaaaah Gaga, Gaho-oooooh Ii Io ritorne- (Italian - I have returned) Ii Io ritorne- (Italian - I have returned) Ii Io ritorne- (Italian - I have returned) Government Hooker-aye VERSE 1: I can be good If you just wanna be bad I can be cool If you just wanna be mad I can be anything I'll be your everything Just touch me baby I don't wanna be sad PRE-CHORUS As long as I'm your hooker (Back up and turn around) As long as I'm your hooker (Hands on the ground) As long as I'm your hooker (Back up and turn around) As long as I'm your hooker (Get down) CHORUS: Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Yeah, you're my hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Government Hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Yeah, you're my hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Government Hooker) POST-CHORUS: I'm gonna drink my tears tonight I'm gonna drink my tears and cry Cuz I know you love me baby I know you love me baby VERSE 2: I could be girl Unless you want to be man I could be s-x Unless you want to hold hands I could be anything I could be everything (Iku Iku [Japanese - I'm cumming]) I could be mom Unless you want to be dad -ah, mi papito! [spanish - oh, Daddy!]) PRE-CHORUS As long as I'm your hooker (Back up and turn around) As long as I'm your hooker (Hands on the ground) As long as I'm your hooker (Back up and turn around) As long as I'm your hooker (Get down) CHORUS: Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Yeah, you're my hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Government Hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Yeah, you're my hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Government Hooker) BRIDGE: Put your hands on me John F. Kennedy I'll make you squeal baby as long as you pay me POST-CHORUS I'm gonna drink my tears tonight I'm gonna drink my tears and cry Cuz I know you love me baby. I know you love me baby CHORUS: Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Yeah, you're my hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Government Hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Yeah, you're my hooker) Hoo-ooookaaaaaaaa-er (Government Hooker) I could be girl Unless you want to be man I can be s-x Unless you want to hold hands I could be anything I could be everything I could be mom Unless you want to be dad OUTRO: I wanna **** government hooker Stop **** me, government hooker I wanna **** government hooker Stop **** me, government hooker Get down Yes

LYRICS:

INTRO:

• NME:Gregorian pop chants, pervy robot voices (courtesey of Gaga's bodyguard, Pete), window-rattling beats, and the extraordinary line "Put your hands on me, JF Kennedy". Gaga: "The humour is that a machine in tells me what to do and I happily do it as long as I get ****ed. It relates to how our government **** us over, but it makes fun of the plastic popstar - 'I'll do anything as long as you **** me and pay me'"
  • DJ WhiteShadow (MTV):
    • I was playing some hip-hop stuff [for Gaga's label boss Vince Herbert], and I ran across this [old beat I had made], and we were talking about faster songs, so I sped it up and I played it for Vince. He was like, ‘Whoa.’ She walked in, and I played it for her and [producer] Fernando [Garibay]. She laid it out in two seconds. She sang over the melody and tuned it up and put the chorus in. She finished it super quick.
    • The guy that’s actually talking, that’s her security guard. We were sitting there thinking how to make a computerized voice, so we were like, ‘Let’s get Pete in here.’ He’s got a super-thick Dutch accent, and he’s trying to read off paper. It was insane, and he just talks like that.

• It's got this really forward beat
    • Actually more of a hiphop beat
    • We ended up double-timing the beat so it's double the speed it was when we created it
    • Super fast, really hard record
    • The lyrics are really filthy
    • It's really empowering but more in the direction of female empowerment
    • At Monster Ball - That's right they' better repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell...Government Hooker

• I'm making my debut as a runway model, walking in the MUGLER PARIS FASHIONSHOW 3/2. I directed the show music, previewing Government Hooker.
    • HOLY HOOKER 7million little monsters! Thank u for all the amazing messages about BORN THIS WAY. They inspire me and keep me strong.
    • Love the denim, pulling all nighters like a Hooker on a Church Corner
    • Havin a little too much fun on tourbus. Played the album for label, the rest is History. Amen Hooker

[*]NME: "the song reeks of Berlin s-x clubs" [*]Produced by Fernando Garibay and DJ WhiteShadow (tweet): FERNANDOGARIBAY: Thank you, but don't forget @djws RT: @GLouOn I'm speechless, Gorvernment Hooker is ****ing AWESOME. @ladygaga @FERNANDOGARIBAY paws up. [*]Gaga said (interview):[*]Gaga tweets:

4. JUDAS (Redone) / 4:09

Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Gaga Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Gaga VERSE 1: When he calls to me I am ready I'll wash his feet with my hair if he needs Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain Even after three times he betrays me PRE-CHORUS: Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o I'll bring him down, bring him down down. Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o A king with no crown, king with no crown CHORUS: I'm just a holy fool, Oh baby it's so cruel but I'm still in love with Judas baby I'm just a holy fool, Oh baby it's so cruel but I'm still in love with Judas baby POST-CHORUS: Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Gaga VERSE 2: I couldn't love a man so purely Even prophets forgave his goofy way I've learned love is like a brick, you can Build a house or sink a dead body PRE-CHORUS: Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o I'll bring him down, bring him down down. Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o Ah-ah-ahhh-ow uh uh uh o A king with no crown, king with no crown CHORUS: I'm just a holy fool, Oh baby it's so cruel but I'm still in love with Judas baby I'm just a holy fool, Oh baby it's so cruel but I'm still in love with Judas baby POST-CHORUS: Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Ew BRIDGE: In the most Biblical sense I am beyond repentance Fame, hooker, prostitute wench vomits her mind But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense Judas kiss me if offenced or wear ear condom next time I wanna love you But something's pulling me away from you Jesus if my virtue And Judas is the demon I cling to I cling to CHORUS: Just a holy fool Oh baby it's so cruel but I'm still in love with Judas baby I'm just a holy fool (just a holy fool) Oh baby it's so cruel but I'm still in love with Judas baby POST-CHORUS: Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Woah woah woah woah woah I'm in love with Juda-as, Juda-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Juda-ah-as Judas Gaga

LYRICS:

POST CHORUS:

• Released 16th April 2011
  • POPJUSTICE REVIEW:
    In short:
    'Judas' is extremely good.

In long:
    Imagine a highly evolved, Titanium-plated 'Bad Romance' from the year 2511 travelling half a millennium back in time to save music from a tidal wave of 'in the club'-obsessed pop drivel, and that's 'Judas'. We love this song so much. It's pop in all the right ways, it's noisy in all the right ways, it's brash and bombastic and funny and audacious and stupid in all the right ways, and it's smart in all the right ways, too.

On the surface it's a song about being double-crossed ("even after three times he betrays me"), contemplating revenge ("bring him down, I'll bring him down down, a king with no crown, a king with no crown"), but being repeatedly drawn to awfulness: "I'm just a holy fool but baby oh baby he's so cruel, but I'm still in love with Judas, baby".

Vocally Gaga's in completely new territory (in the verses and pre-chorus she hurls herself into a decadent half-sung, half-rapped Jamaican Patois style), the chorus is a thousand storeys high, there's a demented tribal techno breakdown, and the whole thing is a little bit overwhelming for all the right reasons. Importantly, as a turbo-charged electrogothic wrongness anthem 'Judas' sounds like a lot of fun - like Gaga had fun writing it and like RedOne had a lot of fun producing it. If Abba ever went to the sort of poppers-'n'-fisting Mannheim s-x club Jake Shears told us about in 2009 'Judas' is the sort of song they would have come up with. Maybe this is all good news for those of you who felt that the overstudied carefreeness of 'Born This Way' missed its target.

We first heard an early version of 'Judas' last May, the same time we heard that early version of 'Born This Way' and a handful of other tracks that have made the album, and we last heard the track a couple of weeks ago - not the very final mix, apparently, but we were told there would be no major changes. While the sound of 'Born This Way' had changed a lot by the time the single version debuted, the sound of 'Judas' has been industrial, thunderous and frantic throughout.

One of the more recent additions to the song, which has apparently only appeared in the last few weeks, is a middle eight that goes like this: "In the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance. 'Fame hooker', 'prostitute wench', 'vomits her mind'... But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense. Judas kiss me if offenced, or wear an ear condom next time."

You might raise an eyebrow at 'offenced' but remember how "WHAYOURBARROWMANCE" didn't exist until Spring 2009 and these days it's part of all our lives. What does the 'Judas' interlude mean? "It's pretty east to decode," Gaga told us when we asked. "In terms of traditional views of what a woman is supposed to be I'm beyond the ability to redeem myself. But I don't want to redeem myself, because in the cultural sense I believe that I'm just before my time. And if you don't like it, wear an ear condom."

What is the BPM?
    Somewhere in the region of 130. Yes, you will be dancing to this song.

Is it actually about Judas out of The Bible or is it pretending to be about Judas when in fact it is about something else?
    The first time Lady Gaga played us the tune she told us that in broad terms it was about being in love with the worst guy you've ever met, but as you might expect there's more to it than that. "It's about leaving your darkness behind in order to come into the light," she added the other day. "I have a lot of things that have haunted me from my past - choices, men, d--g abuse, being afraid to go back to New York, confronting old romances - and Judas represents, for me, something that is bad for me that I can't escape. I keep going back and forth between the darkness and the light in order to understand who I am." So, very broadly, the main portion of the song is about Gaga in private and the middle eight is about Gaga in public, two themes that are explored elsewhere on the album too.

Is it better than 'Bad Romance'?
    It's too early to say yes but it's too close to rule it out.

Does it actually sound like 'Bad Romance'?
    Well, 'Judas' is to 'Bad Romance' as 'Bad Romance' was to 'Poker Face'. It's a new experience in familiar territory, like dancing in your favourite club after it's had a new soundsystem fitted. The nods to 'Bad Romance' are deliberate - Gaga told us that while sometimes it's important to push herself in new directions, as she does throughout the album, "sometimes I do count my stripes and make sure they’re all there, and 'Judas' was one of those records. I wanted it to be an evolution from where I’ve been before but in terms of the formula I wanted there to be something about 'Judas' that reminded people of what I’ve done in the past". So there's a post-chorus like the 'Bad Romance' "whoah-oah-oh" bit (here it's "whoah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh I'm in love with Ju-u-das, Ju-u-das"), there are some ra-ra post-chorus hook bits ("Juda-Judas, Juda-Judas, Juda-Judas, Juda-Gaga") and the song unfolds similarly too: post-chorus, post-chorus hook, song slams in with verse one, then pre-chorus, big explosive chorus out of nowhere, then back down to post-chorus, post-chorus hook and so on.

Is it better than 'Born This Way'?
    We think it is 2.5x better than 'Born This Way'. 'Born This Way' could/should only have been the lead single from the album, and it does make more sense in the context of other album tracks, but 'Judas' is more up our street. It's a pop song that's happy being 'just' a pop song and it immediately feels more 'proper Gaga' - whatever that really means - than 'Born This Way'.

Does it sound like any songs by other notable recording artistes?
    No.

Will some people dislike it?
    Yes, and it is important that these people are able to accept that they are wrong. They will need your love and your respect while they come to terms with this difficult truth. Do not pity them, just offer them your help.
  • Gaga (Google interview):
    • The song is about honouring your darkness in order to bring yourself into the light
    • I have been haunted by my past for a very long time…I was haunted by being able to go back to New York, being able to go back to my past, being able to understand why I made certain decisions that instead of regretting them, I chose to embrace and understand why I made those choices
    • You need to look into what’s haunting you and you need to learn to forgive yourself
    • Inspired by the greatest advice I was ever given: “If you don't have a shadow , you're not standing in the light" (From Deepak Chopra - One of Gaga's mentors - )
VIDEOIt’s really fun to dance to It sounds like it could be a pop priest record I do believe that God comes in many forms and I don’t believe we know what he looks like – that’s something I address in Judas On the video: be prepared for some (biblical) imagery/symbols

It's more metaphorical and about always being in love with the wrong man and always turning the left corner instead of the right corner Heavy metal/dance inspired - much darker and much harder than Born This Way

“Judas is produced by RedOne and Gaga, obviously, and it’s a statement about, again I can’t speak for her, but what I gather is it’s about sometimes not choosing the right choice. But you can’t deny that the choice is not a part of you and who you are.†"‘Judas’ is a dance song, definitely. I think ‘Judas’ in the traditional RedOne/Gaga vein. It’s great because it’s a serious message, it’s a little playful, but still serious, but still somehow you wind up dancing to it. That’s what’s great about her music. You know, like, my favorite songs of all time, dance songs, ‘Billie Jean,’ is a story you wouldn’t think of singing but then you wind up dancing and singing the lyrics. I think that’s the holy grail of music for me, which is dance.â€
[*]"Judas is a really amazing, traditional Gaga song" [*]Gaga and Laurieann Gibson to co-direct the video themselves (shooting late March which means a late April to early May release) [*]Rolling Stone: Currently scheduled as the second single from the album, "Judas" is a classic Lady Gaga pop banger with three huge hooks, a thumping house music breakdown and a vocal part that borrows a bit of Rihanna's distinctive cadence. Gaga has written about falling for the wrong guy before in "LoveGame" and "Bad Romance," but this time around she's a bit less dark and dramatic.There's a bubbly sweetness when she sings... [*]Typically a mash-up: The melody sounds like it was written for the Ronettes, but it is set to a sledgehammering dance beat and is about falling in love with backstabbing men of the biblical variety. [*]Redone produced [*]Gaga (Z100):[*]Gaga: It's about clinging to the light whilst always peering back at the darkness [*]Redone - It's going to shock people [*]Fernando Garibay (via MTV):

5. AMERICANO (Garibay/DJ WhiteShadow) / 4:06

I met a girl in east LA In floral shorts as sweet as May She sang in eights in two Barrio chords We fell in love But not in court La la la la la la la La la la la la la la La la la la la la la La la la la la la la La la la la la la la I dont- I dont- POST-CHORUS: Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo VERSE 1: Mis canciones son de la re-revolución (My songs are for the revolution) Mi corazón me duele por mi generación (My heart hurts for my generation) If you love me We can marry On the west coast, On a Wednesday En un verano (In the Summer) En agosto (in August) CHORUS: I don't speak your I don't speak your Languagono I don't speak your I won't speak your Jesus Cristo POST-CHORUS: Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo VERSE 2: I will fight for I have fought for how I love you I have cried for I will die for how I care In the mountains Las campanas (The bells) Están sonando (Are pealing) Todos los chicos (chicas) (And the boys (girls)) Y los chicos (chicas) se están besando (And good boy (girls), are kissing) CHORUS: I don't speak your I don't speak your Languagono I don't speak your I won't speak your Jesus Cristo I don't speak your I don't speak your Americano I don't speak your I won't speak your Jesus Cristo POST-CHORUS: Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo Ahhhhh americaaaa americanoooo BRIDGE/OUTTRO: Don't you try and catch me Don't you try and catch me No! No! No! No! I'm living on the edge of Living on the edge of the law, law, law, law Don't you try and catch me Don't you try and catch me No! No! No! No! Don't you try and catch me I'm living on the edge of the law, law, law, law [GUNSHOT]

LYRICS:

INTRO:

• Produced by Fernando Garibay and DJ WhiteShadow
  • Different Versions: Standard Edition - Techno Mariachi / Special Edition - Extended and with Spanish
  • NME: "[Out of all the tracks we heard, Americano] sounds the most fun but is a really politicised song about immigration"
  • Gaga described it:
  • NME: Told as a love story between Gaga and a girl from L.A., this is an acid house-fuelled Mexican-themed footstomper. "This was my first proper collaboration with Fernando Garibay and White Shadow. Labels had been telling Fernando to tone down his mexican influences, but here, we really brought them out. It was when Prop 8 was overturned in California. The immigration law was passed in Arizona, houses were being raided for immigrants, some of whom had been here for 20 years. America was once the land of the free, and now we're telling everyone to get the **** out
  • A big mariachi techno-house record, where I am singing about immigration law and gay marriage and all sorts of things that have to do with disenfranchised communities in America,â€
  • It has a resounding Piafesque chorus.
  • It sounds like a pop record, but when I sing it, I see Edith Piaf in a spotlight with an old microphone.†(Piaf is an apt referenceâ€â€they both evince a similar brand of heroic vulnerability)."
  • Gaga tweeted: "REJOICE and CELEBRATE gay communities and straight all over the world. Our voices are being heard! Loud! SCREAM LOUD AMERICANOS!" (during the time she was fighting against prop 8)

6. HAIR (Redone) / 5:08

Hooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-hoo-uh VERSE 1: Whenever I'm dressed cool my parents put up a fight (uh huh uh huh) And if I'm a hot shot mom will cut my hair at night (uh huh uh huh) And in the morning I'm short of my identity (uh huh uh huh) I scream mom and dad why can't I be who I want to be? (uh huh uh huh) to be PRE-CHORUS: I just wanna be myself and I want you to love me for who I am I just wanna be myself and I want you to know I am my Hair CHORUS: I've had enough This is my prayer That I'll die livin' just as free as my hair I've had enough This is my prayer That I'll die living just as free as my hair I've had enough I'm not a freak I just keep fightin' to stay cool on these streets I've had enough, enough, enough And this is my prayer I swear I'm as free as my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I'm as free as my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I am my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I am my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh POST-CHORUS Free as my hai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-r Free as my hai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-r VERSE 2: Sometimes I want some raccoon or red highlights Just because I want my friend to think that I'm dynamite And on Friday rock city high school dance I've got my bangs to hide that I don't stand a chance A chance PRE-CHORUS: I just wanna be myself and I want you to love me for who I am I just wanna be myself and I want you to know I am my Hair CHORUS: I've had enough This is my prayer That I'll die livin' just as free as my hair I've had enough This is my prayer That I'll die living just as free as my hair I've had enough I'm not a freak I just keep fightin' to stay cool on these streets I've had enough, enough, enough And this is my prayer I swear I'm as free as my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I'm as free as my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I am my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I am my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh POST-CHORUS: Free as my hai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-r Free as my hai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-r BRIDGE: I just want to be free I just want to be me And I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties I don't wanna change And I don't wanna be ashamed I'm the spirit of my Hair It's all the glory that I bare I'm my hair, I'm my hair I'm my hair, I'm my hair I'm my hair, I'm my hair And I'm my hair I'm my hair, I'm my hair It's all the glory that I bare I'm my hair, I'm my hair I'm my hair! I'm my hair! I'm my hair! My hair! CHORUS: I've had enough This is my prayer That I'll die livin' just as free as my hair I've had enough This is my prayer That I'll die living just as free as my hair I've had enough I'm not a freak I just keep fightin' to stay cool on these streets I've had enough, enough, enough And this is my prayer I swear I'm as free as my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I'm as free as my hair I am my hair Oh oh-oh Oh oh-oh I am my hair My hair, my hair... OUTRO: Oh-ohuh-oh-oh-ouh Oh-ohuh-oh-oh-ouh Oh-ohuh...

LYRICS:

Hooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-hoh

• Gaga (Montreal Interview): I think it will be the 4th single
  • Brazil Interview: This song is about the time Gaga was in school and was forced to wear a uniform - something she found extremely repressive. Her only way to manifest individuality was through her hair. Since there was no rule about hairdo, every week she'd show up with one crazier than the other - and like that she dribbled the tight scheme of the classroom
  • Rolling Stone: "Hair" is another inspirational song in the mold of "Born This Way," but it's a bit weirder, mixing the yearning romantic melodrama of Pat Benetar's "We Belong" with the hard industrial metal edge of Broken-era Nine Inch Nails. The lyrics are essentially about embracing one's hairstyle as the ultimate expression of their identity, climaxing with Gaga triumphantly declaring "I am my hair!" in its huge sing along chorus. An anthem for hair salons everywhere.
  • Gaga in Ryan Seacrest radio interview:
    • Redone produced
    • One of her favourite tracks on Born This Way.
    • KISS/Iron Maiden anthem/aspect to the melody

[*]Gaga (Z100): The song is about when I was a kid, you get to come down the stairs and you have to go to school and you're parents say you have to go change, you have to brush your hair, what are you wearing, you cant leave the house like that, go upstairs, your father's gonna have a heart attack [*]Redone - I don't think the production for this song has ever been done before [*]Clarence Clemon of the E Street band plays saxaphone on this record

7. SCHEIßE (Redone/DJ WhiteShadow) / 3:45

I don't speak German but I can if you like POST-CHORUS: Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair VERSE 1: I'll take you out tonight Say whatever you like Scheiße Scheiße be mine Scheiße be mine Put on a show tonight Do whatever you like Scheiße Scheiße be mine Scheiße be mine When I'm on a mission I rebuke my condition If you're a strong female You don't need permission I wish that I could dance on a single prayer I wish I could be strong without somebody there I wish that I could dance on a single prayer I wish I could be strong without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah I don't speak German, but I wish I could POST-CHORUS: Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair VERSE 2: Love is objectified by what men say is right Scheiße Scheiße be mine bull**** be mine Blonde high heeled feminist enlisting femmes for this Express your women kind, fight for your rights PRE-CHORUS: When I'm on a mission I rebuke my condition If you're a strong female You don't need permission CHORUS: I wish that I could dance on a single prayer I wish I could be strong without somebody there I wish that I could dance on a single prayer I wish I could be strong without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah I don't speak German, but I wish I could BRIDGE: I-I-I I-I-I-speak German I-I-I But I can if you like I-I-I I-I-I-speak German I-I-I But I can if you like CHORUS: I wish that I could dance on a single prayer I wish I could be strong without permission yeah I wish that I could dance on single prayer I wish I could be strong without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah Without the Scheiße yeah POST-CHORUS: Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen begun be Ãœske but-bair Ich schleiban austa be clair es kumpent madre monstère, aus-be aus-can-be flaugen fräulein uske-be clair

LYRICS:

INTRO:

• Rolling Stone:
    A remixed version of this number was used in a recent runway show by fashion designer Thierry Mugler. The album version doesn't have the same hardcore European house flavor, but it's definitely the tune most likely to bring back memories of early-Nineties dance crossover hits by C&C Music Factory, Snap and RuPaul. The opening of the song -- in which she flatly intones "I don't speak German, but I can if you like" -- is fierce, but the song is saved from being a slight novelty by a soaring chorus that vaguely recalls Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger."
  • Remix of this track premiered at Mugler show.
  • Gaga's stylist (Nicole Formechetti) replied to a question on twitter asking about the supposed use of German - "maybe the language isn't from this planet"
  • Redone produced, remixed by DJ Whiteshadow

8. BLOODY MARY (Garibay/DJ WhiteShadow/Clinton Sparks) / 4:04

Love is just a history that they may prove And when you're gone I'll tell them my religion's you When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne I'm ready for their stones PRE-CHORUS: I'll dance, dance, dance With my hands, hands, hands Above my head, head, head Like Jesus said I'm gonna dance, dance, dance With my hands, hands Hands above my head Hands together Forgive him before he's dead because CHORUS: I won't cry for you I won't crucify the things you do. I won't cry for you, see When you're gone I'll still be bloody mary (Scream) VERSE 2: We are not just art for Michaelangelo to carve, he can't rewrite the agro Of my furied heart. I'll wait on mountain tops in Paris cold Je ne veux pas mourire tout seule. (French - I'm dont' want to die alone) PRE-CHORUS: I'll dance, dance, dance With my hands, hands, hands Above my head, head, head Like Jesus said I'm gonna dance, dance, dance With my hands, hands Hands above my head Hands together Forgive him before he's dead because CHORUS: I won't cry for you I won't crucify the things you do. I won't cry for you, see When you're gone I'll still be bloody mary (Scream) BRIDGE: Dum dum da di da Dum dum da di Dittie da dida Dum dum da di da Dum dum da di da Dum dum da di Dittie da dida Dum dum da di da CHORUS: I won't cry for you I won't crucify the things you do. I won't cry for you, see When you're gone I'll still be bloody mary OUTRO: Hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) Hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) Hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) Hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) hoah hoah hoah (Gaga) Oh, liberdade mi Amor (Portugese - Freedom my love)

LYRICS:

VERSE 1:

• POPJUSTICE: Bloody Mary is quite subtle actually, it's a song about Mary being divine and human at the same time, with a subtext (maybe it's not even a subtext) about the role of a woman who is supposed to be a superstar and a real woman at the same time. Not life alteringly deep perhaps but it works as a pop song.
  • NME: A dark, pulsing and atmospheric, almost funeral electroballad, one of several tracks including 'Judas' with religious references. "I believe that Mary Magdalene was both fully divine and fully human. She has to be strong when Jesus fulfills the prophecy to die for everyone's sins, but she still has the moment of humanity where she's upset to let him go. She had to be a superstar, but she must have cried too. It's a spooky rave ballad...sung from the perspective of Mary Magdalene.

9*. BLACK JESUS † AMEN FASHION (DJ WhiteShadow) / 3:36

Black, black, black Black, black, black Black, black, black. Jesus is the new black Jesus is the new black Jesus is the new black Jesus is the new black VERSE 1: I grew up in New York City Since I was born on Broadway, baby Moved downtown when I was just 19 To start a new life on the New York scene PRE-CHORUS There's no way I could be stopped Was taking my best shot I had a better plan There no way I could be stopped Was coming for your spot I met a better man CHORUS: Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus VERSE 2: Dancing in my revelation Underground pop civilization Concrete poetry to feed my mind Old symbolism was left behind PRE-CHORUS: There's no way I could be stopped Was taking my best shot I had a better plan There no way I could be stopped Was coming for your spot I met a better man CHORUS: Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus BRIDGE: Put in on, amen fashion Celebrate a new compassion Put in on, amen fashion Celebrate oh oh style your passion Put in on, amen fashion Celebrate a new compassion Put in on, amen fashion Celebrate oh oh wear out your vision Black Jesus Black Jesus Black Jesus Jesus is the new black CHORUS: Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus Amen On the runway Dress in his best Amen Fashion On the runway Work it Black Jesus

LYRICS:

INTRO:

• Gaga (E!): The title's (Black Jesus Amen Fashion) are interchangeable. I say both words in the song and I couldn't decide which to use so I said **** it I'll just do both.
    The song is about how when I moved downtown when I was 19 I was introduced to an entirely new way of thinking that was so different from what I had been taught. For example my religion and teaching taught me to look at things a certain way so I say Black Jesus as an entirely new way of thinking and that's what I felt I was exposed to meeting new people, seeing new things and Amen Fashion is saying in reference to the lyrics "Put it on, Amen Fashion. Celebrate, style your passion. Wear your vision." So the song is saying a new way of thinking is as easy as putting on a new outfit
  • A bonus track on the Special edition

10. BAD KIDS (DJ WhiteShadow/Jeppe Laursen/Garibay) / 3:50

We don't care what people say We know the truth Enough is enough with this horse **** I am not a freak I was born with my free gun Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom VERSE 1: I'm a b---h I'm a loser, baby maybe I should quit I'm a jerk Wish I had the money but I can't find work. I'm a brat I'm a selfish punk I really should be smacked My parents tried Till they got divorced 'cause I ruined their lives PRE-CHORUS: I'm a bad kid And I will survive Oh I'm a bad kid Don't know wrong from right I'm a bad kid And this is my life One of the bad kids Don't know wrong from right This is my life CHORUS: Don't be insecure if your heart is pure You're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby Don't be insecure if your heart is pure You're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby A bad kid baby A bad kid baby Don't be insecure VERSE 2: I'm a twit Degenerate young rebel and I'm proud of it Pump your fist If you rather mess up than put up with this I'm a nerd I chew gum and smoke in your face I'm absurd I'm so bad, but I don't give a damn I love it when you're mad When you're mad When you're mad PRE-CHORUS: I'm a bad kid And I will survive Oh I'm a bad kid Don't know wrong from right I'm a bad kid And this is my life One of the bad kids Don't know wrong from right This is my life CHORUS: Don't be insecure if your heart is pure You're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby Don't be insecure if your heart is pure You're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby A bad kid baby A bad kid baby Don't be insecure BRIDGE: I'm not that typical baby I'm a bad kid Like my mom and dad made me I'm not that cool and you hate me I'm a bad kid, that's the way that they made me I'm a bad kid, I'm disastrous Give me your money Or I'll hold my breath I'm a bad kid And I will survive One of the bad kids Don't know wrong from right CHORUS: Don't be insecure if your heart is pure You're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby Don't be insecure if your heart is pure You're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby A bad kid baby A bad kid baby A bad kid baby A bad kid baby A bad kid baby

LYRICS:

INTRO:

• Gaga said at the monster ball - "I feel like a bad kid but there's no other kind of girl I wanna be"
  • Also when describing Born This Way (album), Gaga said it was like "Bad kids going to Church having fun on a High Level"
  • Gaga said on Ellen after VMAS: "My fans who are gay, who feel like BAD KIDS, they feel like they have governmental oppression on them."
  • Gaga via Twitter: Being dangerous with @badnewsbecca, you know what that means. Uh oh. I'm a bad kid.

11*. FASHION OF HIS LOVE (Garibay) / 3:39

I never was the kind of girl that's naturally sure when it comes to love Oh no I was insecure Insecure But when it comes to you and me, I can't deny This feeling inside, oh no I never felt like this before This before No, no, no CHORUS: Oh I'm seeing all the signs from above Oh I'm gonna be the one that he loves I was made for loving him The Fashion of his Love Oh yeah Oh I'm gonna be his first and last kiss. Oh 'Cause honey I was born to be his. I was made for loving him The Fashion of his Love VERSE 2: You know that I'd never cheat on a man 'Cause I'm not like that I'm physically crafted to be As fitting as McQueen But when it comes to clothing, I'm bad I'm fashionably just designed to be rather in his No accessory to me To me No, no, no! No, I just can't seem to forget you No one cares for just as long as I met you You're my babe, right through I was made for you (I was made for you). CHORUS: Oh I've seen all the signs from above Oh I'm gonna be the one that he loves I was made for loving him The Fashion of his Love Oh yeah Oh I'm gonna be his first and last kiss Oh 'Cause honey I was born to be his I was made for loving him The Fashion of his Love BRIDGE: They say I need a strong man, not just a friend But baby, my search is done No longer reason or to justify How I feel for you my love I've seen all the signs from above, I'm gonna be the one that he loves, I was made for loving him. Oh yeaah! CHORUS: Oh I've seen all the signs from above Oh I'm gonna be the one that he loves I was made for loving him The Fashion of his Love Oh yeah Oh I'm gonna be his first and last kiss Oh 'Cause honey I was born to be his I was made for loving him The Fashion of his Love Oh yeah Oh I'm gonna be his first and last kiss Oh 'Cause honey I was born to be his I was made for loving him The Fashion of his Love Oh yeah

LYRICS:

VERSE 1:

• Written after Alexander McQueen's death (February 2010)
  • Bonus track on the Special Edition

12. HIGHWAY UNICORN (ROAD TO LOVE) (Garibay/DJ WhiteShadow/Redone) / 4:15

We can be strong We can be strong Out on this lonely run, on the road to love We can be strong We can be strong Follow that unicorn on the road to love Run run with her Run run with her Run run with her Run run with her Run run with her Run run with her Run run with her Run run with her VERSE 1: Run run with her top down baby she flies Run run with the fury of a saint in her eyes Run run ha cha-cha baby she goes With blonde hair and gun smokin' under her toes PRE-CHORUS: Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Ride ride pony ride ride Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Ride ride pony tonight CHORUS: We can be strong We can be strong Out on this lonely run, on the road to love We can be strong We can be strong Follow that unicorn on the road to love I'm on the roa-oa-oa-oa-oad I'm on the road to love I'm on the roa-oa-oa-oa-oad I'm on the road to love VERSE 2: She's just an American ridin' a dream And she's got a rainbow syrup in her heart that she bleeds She don't care if your papers or love is the law She's a free soul burnin' roads with a flag in her bra PRE-CHORUS: Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Ride ride pony ride ride Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Hoah-oo-woah-oo-woah Ride ride pony tonight CHORUS: We can be strong We can be strong Out on this lonely run, on the road to love We can be strong We can be strong Follow that unicorn on the road to love I'm on the roa-oa-oa-oa-oad I'm on the road to love I'm on the roa-oa-oa-oa-oad I'm on the road to love BRIDGE: Get your hot rods ready to rumble Cause we're gonna fall in love tonight Get your hot rods ready to rumble Cause we're gonna drink until we die Get your hot rods ready to rumble Cause we're gonna fall in love tonight Get your hot rods ready to rumble Cause we're gonna drink until we die Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die. Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die.

LYRICS:

CHORUS:

• NME: With a soaring melody, nods to Springsteen and an industrial techno production represent the blueprint for 'Born This Way'. A unicorn is mentioned. "The sax in this and in 'Hair' and in 'Edge Of Glory' - is not just there for no reason. I grew up listening to much Springsteen and Billy Joel, so in a way, it represents my innocence."
  • Gaga tweet: Little monsters heart I keep, and as I lay me down to sleep, I dream of rainbow roads to love, for now New York city's my d--g

13. HEAVY METAL LOVER (Garibay) / 4:12

Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover My heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover My heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover VERSE 1: I want your whiskey mouth All over my blonde south Red wine, cheap perfume And a filthy pout Tonight bring all your friends Because a group does it better Why river with a pair Let's have a full house of leather CHORUS: Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover VERSE 2: Dirty pony I can't wait to hose you down You've got to earn your leather in this part of town Dirty Pearls and a patch for all the Rivington Rebels Let's raise hell in the streets, drink beer and get into trouble CHORUS: Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover I could be your girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl But would you love me if I ruled the world, world, world? CHORUS: Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover BRIDGE: Whip me slap me, punk funk New York clubbers, bump drunk Budlite liquors, bar slam Move it, this is your jam Wash the night, with St. J-ameson Like a baptism Heavy Metal lovers play Baby we were born this way Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who CHORUS: Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover I could be your girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, girl But would you love me if I ruled the world, world, world? Ooh-ooh-ooh-who-who Who-who-who ooh-who-who Who who Heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal lover Heavy metal lover, heavy metal

LYRICS:

• Gaga (Montreal Radio):
    It was about 2 weeks ago when I wrote the song (mid April), It's a great record, I ended up putting it on the regular version of the album.
  • Gaga on lyrics: "You've gotta earn your leather in this part of town"
    And I feel that way about my fans and I feel that way about myself and in my new album I feel like you can't sometimes be free and sometimes be kind, sometimes nice and sometimes not so nice, you have to be relentless with your kindless, relentless. And you have to be relenteless with what you believe in, it's not cool to fight for equality or for yourself if you only fight for it sometimes, you have to fight for your individuality every day of your life, so thankyou to those beautiful fans that throw these leather jackets on the stage, because when I wake up in the morning and I feel like I can't quite be the superstar that you need me to be, I put on my leather jacket that you throw on stage and I ****ing earned the leather everyday
    Point of reference: Gaga was seen wearing a leather jacket thrown on stage at a recent Monster Ball in Texas a few days before writing this song -
  • Confirmed at the Monster Ball
  • Most recently recorded song for the album

14. ELECTRIC CHAPEL (DJ WhiteShadow) / 4:12

My body is sanctuary My blood is pure Doot doo doo Doot doot doo doo You want me bad I think you're cool But I'm not sure Doot doo doo Doot doot doo doo PRE-CHORUS: Follow me don't be such a holy fool Follow me I need something more from you It's not about s-x or champagne you holy fool Doot doo doo Doot doot doo doo CHORUS: If you want me meet me at electric chapel If you want me meet me at electric chapel If you wanna steal my heart away Meet me meet me baby in a safe place Come on meet me In Electric Chapel VERSE 2: Confess to me Where you have been Next to the bar Doot doo doo Doot doot doo doo Pray for your sins Right under the glass disco ball Doot doo doo Doot doot doo doo PRE-CHORUS: Follow me don't be such a holy fool Follow me I need something sacred from you Together we'll both find a way To make a pure love work in a dirty way CHORUS: If you want me meet me at electric chapel If you want me meet me at electric chapel If you wanna steal my heart away Meet me meet me baby in a safe place Come on meet me In Electric Chapel If you want me meet me at electric chapel (meet me, meet me) If you want me meet me at electric chapel (meet me, meet me) If you wanna steal my heart away Meet me meet me baby in a safe place Come on meet me In Electric Chapel BRIDGE: Woah-ah-ah-ah Woah-ah-ah-ah Uhh-uhuh-uh-uh Woah-ah-ah-ah Uh-uhuh-uh-uh Uhuh-uhuh-uhuh-uhuh Uhuh-uhuh-uhuh-uhuh [bREAK-DOWN] Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me CHORUS: If you want me meet me at electric chapel (ahh-whoa) If you want me meet me at electric chapel (meet me, meet me) If you wanna steal my heart away Meet me meet me baby in a safe place Come on meet me In Electric Chapel Whoa OUTRO: Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me Meet me, Meet me

LYRICS:

VERSE 1:

• Showstudio Interview (Gaga): I created the Monster Ball so my fans would have a place to go... a safe place... an ELECTRIC CHAPEL

15*. THE QUEEN (Garibay) / 5:17

Oh tonight I'm gonna show Them what I'm made of, oh The killer queen inside me's coming to say hello Oh tonight I will return The fame and riches earned With you I'd watch them all be burned Woah woah PRE-CHORUS: Whenever I start feeling strong I'm called a b---h in the night But I don't need these 14 karat guns to win I am a woman I insist, it's my life CHORUS: I can be the queen that's inside of me This is my chance to release And be brave for you You'll see I can be the queen you need me to be This is my chance to be the dance I've dreamed it's happening I can be the queen VERSE 2: I am wind and hurricane The stormy sky and rain When you run dry I'll flood your pain Woah woah In between the moments of The lady I've become A voice beats through the Noise like drums Rum pum pum pum PRE-CHORUS: Whenever I start feeling strong I'm called a b---h in the night But I don't need these 14 karat guns to win I am a woman I insist, it's my life CHORUS: I can be the queen that's inside of me This is my chance to release And be brave for you You'll see I can be the queen you need me to be This is my chance to be the dance I've dreamed it's happening I can be the queen BRIDGE: The que-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-eeen The queen queeen queeeen Queen queeen queeeen Queen queeen queeeen Starry night Come inside me like never before Don't forget me when I come crying to Heaven's door I will fly In a challenger across the sky Like a phoenix So I can remind them of the dream I bore Whoa-oh, Whoa-oh Whoa-oh. Oh whoa-oh, Whoa-oh Whoa-oh.

LYRICS:

VERSE 1:

• Bonus Track on the Special Edition

16. YOÜ AND I (Robert John "Mutt" Lange) / 5:07

It's been a long time since I came around Been a long time but I'm back in town And this time I'm not leavin' without yoÜ You taste like whiskey when you kiss me awe I'd give anything again to be your baby doll This time I'm not leaving without yoÜ PRE-CHORUS He said, sit back down where you belong In the corner of my bar with your high heels on Sit back down on the couch where we made love for first time And yoÜ said to me CHORUS: Somethin' somethin' about this place Somethin' ‘bout lonely nights and my lipstick on your face Somethin' somethin' about my cool Nebraska guy Yeah somethin' about baby yoÜ and I VERSE 2: It's been two years since I let yoÜ go I couldn’t listen to a joke or rock n' roll And muscle cars drove a truck right through my heart On my birthday you sang me "Heart of Gold" With a guitar humming and no clothes This time I'm not leaving without you PRE-CHORUS: Sit back down where you belong In the corner of my bar with your high heels on Sit back down on the couch where we made love for first time And you said to me CHORUS: Somethin' somethin' about this place Somethin' ‘bout lonely nights and my lipstick on your face Somethin' somethin' about my cool Nebraska guy Yeah somethin' about baby yoÜ and I YoÜ and I, yoÜ, yoÜ and I You, yoÜ and I, you, yoÜ and I YoÜ and I, yoÜ, yoÜ and I Babaay I'd rather die, without yoÜ and I (Come on put your drinks up) BRIDGE: We gotta whole lotta money but we still pay rent ‘Cause you can’t buy a house in heaven There's only three men that ima serve my whole life It's my daddy and Nebraska and Jesus Christ CHORUS: Somethin' somethin' about the chase (6 whole years) I'm a New York woman born to run you down Still want my lipstick all over your face There's somethin', somethin' about just knowin' when it's right So put your drinks up for Nebraska, for Nebraska, Nebraska I love ya YoÜ and I, yoÜ, yoÜ and I Baby I'd rather die Without yoÜ and I YoÜ and I, yoÜ, yoÜ and I Nebraska I'd rather die, without yoÜ and I It's been a long time since I came around Been a long time but I'm back in town And this time I’m not leaving without yoÜ

LYRICS:

OLD VERSION OF YOÜ AND I (LIVE) 2010:

VERSE 1:

• Gaga said:
  • Produced by Robert John "Mutt" Lange
  • Brian May (from QUEEN) is playing guitar on this record and he has said:
    "Yes, I can confirm I have played some hot guitar on a track for the excellent Lady Ga Ga!

Mutt Lange, the producer of the track, called me up and asked if I would play a solo ... then said ... well, you can play what you like !

So I got hold of it and did my thing. I think it's a stupendous track. It will shock some people because she sounds unlike the way she has done until now. It's a major passionate heartfelt blues/country/rock performance ... just the kind of thing I love to work off. It also has a subtle nod to We Will Rock You in there. It's well heavy - a song with a real story, and has the full weight of Mutt's production behind it.

I gave it my all !!
  • The Ãœ in the title is a reference to LÃœC CARL
  • it's a bit of a rock'n'roll tune
  • It would never be released as a single
  • Would the only rock ballad on the album
  • Has a different sound to the rest of the album

17. THE EDGE OF GLORY (Garibay) / 5:20

There ain't no reason you and me should be alone tonight Yeah baby, tonight yeah baby But I got a reason that you-hoo should take me home tonight I need a man that thinks it's right when it's so wrong Tonight yeah baby Tonight yeah baby Right on the limit's where we know we both belong tonight PRE-CHORUS: It's hot to feel the rush To brush the dangerous I'm gonna run right to to the edge with you Where we can both fall far in love CHORUS: I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment of truth I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment with you I'm on the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment with you I'm on the edge with you VERSE 2: Another shot before we kiss the other side tonight Yeah baby, tonight yeah baby I'm on the edge of something final we call life tonight Alright! Alright! Put on your shades cause I'll be dancing in the flames tonight Yeah baby, tonight yeah baby It isn't hell if everybody knows my name tonight Alright! Alright! PRE-CHORUS: It's hot to feel the rush To brush the dangerous I'm gonna run right to to the edge with you Where we can both fall far in love CHORUS: I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment of truth I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment with you I'm on the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment with you I'm on the edge with you [sAXAPHONE SOLO] I'm on the edge with you I'm on the edge with you CHORUS: I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment of truth I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment with you I'm on the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge I'm on the edge of glory And I'm hangin' on a moment with you [sAXAPHONE OUTRO]

LYRICS:

R.I.P. GrandpaGaga 24/09/2010

VERSE 1:

Single Cover:

mrrf2r.jpg

• Gaga (Howard Stern Show):
    Tell me about when you wrote The Edge of Glory Actually, I wrote this song, it's kind of sad, it's a little bit of a downer, but my grandpa died about six months ago, and it was the first time I ever experienced death in my family, ever! And, you know, we went out to New Jersey, and I remember I was really upset because the paparazzi came, and I just thought to myself, "man, you gonna come to a hospice?"

You don't dress like this when you go see your grandpa, does it cause a scene? I don't where latex but I dress like myself. No, [what I wore didn't cause a scene], but it was actually really cute, there were a lot of older people in their wheelchairs playing bingo and I sang a bit of Bad Romance for them and they got all excited. It was cute.

Your grandpa didn't call you Gaga did he? Yeah, well umm... he calls me baby. My grandma calls me "zucchero", which means sugar in Italian. Anyway my grandpa was dying, and my grandma was there. And I was really really, you know, heartbroken because you know; my parents are still married and my mother's parents are still married and my father's parents are still married and my grandma and grandpa had been married for 60 years. My grandmother had never slept with another man. She is a really virtuous amazing woman and their love story was so beautiful - my grandfather used to sleep in a car outside her house just to be able to see her everyday.

So anyway, when my grandma was saying goodbye, you know, there was something so intense that happened for me that I saw that you know, as sad as the moment was I felt like they both were acknowledging that they had really won in life because they had each other. So, she [my grandma] just kept saying "joey [grandpa] go...just go" because she knew he was in so much pain. And umm...It was really very strange, umm, he couldn't move, but just two times when I touched him and when my grandma touched him, he squeezed our hand. So he knew that we were there and I swear grandpa...I know he's listening, he waited till I came home from tour to die [Gaga giggles].

So I take it your grandma is still alive? Were you filled with dread because she would no longer have him around? Yeah she's still alive. I was filled with so much like empathy and sadness.

And the song came to you in the moment?...can you whip out your phone, I mean is that rude? Well actually, I have it on my phone. What happened is that that moment happened, we left, went home and the next day, they said "we think he's gonna pass today". And I could just tell that my dad was really sad, and my dad actually lost his sister when he was really young, and you know, so death in our family, it's a big deal, we're Italian, it's a big deal in anyone's family but you know, Italians - the whole town of Palermo and Sicily flew in for the funeral, you know.

So anyway, my dad sat at the piano in my family's house and we had this big bottle of agave tequila, and my dad and I just kept doing shots back and forth and we were both crying and I just kept saying "dad, you know, grandpa's about to cross over into his glorious moment, it's just hard now because he's on the edge". Right. And I just started to play piano and my dad started crying song just came right out of me, it just came out.

And I just remember, my dad said "that's exactly what it is". And in a way, even though my dad hasn't written any lyrics or written any melodies, but there were a lot of times when I was playing and he'd just be like "that's it kid, that's it". And it was something about that moment with my dad, for me to able to express what my father was feeling without him being able to express it - I think it was really special. So then, we went back to the hospice and I had recorded it on my phone and I played it for my grandpa on the phone.

What did he do? Well, he was, he couldn't...he was..[really out of it] but I know he heard it. I know he heard it.
    Are you religious? Well yeah, oh yeah, hell yeah, I'm really really religious. Well I went to catholic school. But I just know that right after that, I begged, we all begged my grandma not to stay, because she just wouldn't leave his side and it was the sweetest and the saddest thing I'd ever [seen].

She just wouldn't leave his side. And I just said, "grandma, he's too proud, he's not going to want you to see him go - he's Italian, he's so proud. And we left, and a couple of hours later he died.

So go ahead, [play the song], this is the song about your grandfather It's also about knowing in your heart that you may never reach that glorious moment will you die so live life on the edge halfway between heaven and hell and lets all dance in the middle - in purgatory.
  • Gaga (Google Interview):
    • This song is truly one of my favourites
    • It’s kind of a sad story, sorry to be a downer but my grandpa died about 5 months ago (from March 2011) and my dad and I were going to say goodbye to him at the hospice and I got out a big thing of Agavero tequila and my dad sat next to me at the piano and we just started doing shots back and forth and I wrote ‘The Edge of Glory’ on the piano and my dad and I cried
    • The song is about your last moment on earth, the moment of truth, the edge of glory is that moment right before you leave the earth. That song can be played on the piano but it’s actually set to this giant-huge-techno-rock Springsteen-esque dance beat. It’s ****ING BEAUTIFUL
    • Reiterated that Clarence Clemon from the E Street band plays saxaphone in the song

[*]Last song on the record - represents death after the beginning of the record starts with life [*]Rolling Stone: This one sounds crazy in print -- it's a massive power ballad with heavy club beats that features Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band wailing on his saxophone -- but somehow it all seems totally natural when you actually hear it. There's an element of cheesiness to it, but it's totally captivating and incredibly catchy. If any of these new Gaga tunes demands to be a big fat hit, this is it. The inclusion of Clemons is an inspired touch that amplifies the song's Eighties stadium rock vibe, but his actual performance is amazing and ranks among the best of his career. [*]Really up tempo, a club record but it’s sort of got a Bruce Springsteen vibe to it and I actually had Clarence Clemon (of Bruce Springsteen's E street band) play saxophone on this record…it’s really interesting because it’s like putting saxophone on this really huge electronic record. [*]Clarence Clemon: I play sax through the whole song and I have a solo [*]Gaga tweeted these lyrics at a similar time Fernando Garibay tweeted - "JUST FINISHED A TRACK OF MONSTROUS PROPORTIONS" [*]Stephen Hill (BET president) - “just heard six CRAZY new Lady Gaga tracks!...aural energy that had my speakers gasping for water afterwards...The joint ‘Edge of Glory’… phenomenal!â€

EXTRA COMMENTS ON THE WHOLE ALBUM AS A WHOLE:

These are personal experiences so that the record is complete," she assures."In my first two jobs I was looking at the 'monster of fame' from afar, but now I'm into it - and the only way to master this beast within you is seeking true stories It's quite eclectic. It ranges from 'Born This Way' being very light, to the rest of the album becoming quite darker. I, in jest, say that 'Born This Way' is the marijuana to the heroins of the album, the ultimate intense intoxication of the record. Gas Station Disco Bad kids going to church having fun in a high level Sledge-hammering and also industrial dance beats Rock/Metal/Epic anthemics melodies Heavy, hard hitting electronic tracks some people have said my new album is too commercial New sonic energy New lyrical style Born This Way is about what keeps us up at night and what makes us afraid...there is nothing trendy about Born This Way... Perez: This album is Gaga’s Like A Prayer NME: "It about death and life and all the bits in between"

18*. BORN THIS WAY (Country Road Version) / 4:21 19*. JUDAS (DJ White Shadow Remix) / 4:07 20*. MARRY THE NIGHT (Fernando Garibay Remix) / 4:21 21*. SCHEIßE (DJ White Shadow Mugler) / 9:35 22*. FASHION OF HIS LOVE (Garibay Remix) / 3:45

REMIX TRACKS (ON SPECIAL EDITION:

â–ºBorn This Way Album SINGLESâ—„

1. Born This Way (February-April 2011)
2. Judas (April-May 2011)
3. The Edge of Glory (May-July 2011)
4. YoÜ And I (July-October 2011)
5. Marry The Night (November 2011 - ? 2012)

↓ Scroll down for Remix Track Lyrics: ↓

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXTRA COMMENTS ON THE WHOLE ALBUM AS A WHOLE:

• These are personal experiences so that the record is complete," she assures."In my first two jobs I was looking at the 'monster of fame' from afar, but now I'm into it - and the only way to master this beast within you is seeking true stories
  • It's quite eclectic. It ranges from 'Born This Way' being very light, to the rest of the album becoming quite darker. I, in jest, say that 'Born This Way' is the marijuana to the heroins of the album, the ultimate intense intoxication of the record.
  • Gas Station Disco
  • Bad kids going to church having fun in a high level
  • Sledge-hammering and also industrial dance beats
  • Rock/Metal/Epic anthemics melodies
  • Heavy, hard hitting electronic tracks
  • some people have said my new album is too commercial
  • New sonic energy
  • New lyrical style
  • Born This Way is about what keeps us up at night and what makes us afraid...there is nothing trendy about Born This Way...
  • Perez: This album is Gaga’s Like A Prayer
  • NME: "It about death and life and all the bits in between"

REMIX TRACKS (ON SPECIAL EDITION:

18*. BORN THIS WAY (Country Road Version) / 4:21

19*. JUDAS (DJ White Shadow Remix) / 4:07

20*. MARRY THE NIGHT (Fernando Garibay Remix) / 4:21

21*. SCHEIßE (DJ White Shadow Mugler) / 9:35

22*. FASHION OF HIS LOVE (Garibay Remix) / 3:45

â–ºBorn This Way Album SINGLESâ—„

1. Born This Way (February-April 2011)

2. Judas (April-May 2011)

3. The Edge of Glory (May-July 2011)

4. YoÜ And I (July-October 2011)

5. Marry The Night (November 2011 - ? 2012)

↓ Scroll down for Remix Track Lyrics: ↓

Anderson123

Thank you for saving this thread, I loved reading these every time we got some new info about the songs.

Should this thread also become the BTW album discussion? We have one for The Fame and another for The Fame Monster, after all.

Legendary thread. :legend: I used to come here everyday to check on the new Born This Way info while we were still anticipating it. ^_^ Good times.

Great thread!!! But it's a little messed up.. some spoilers aren't right, some lists aren't there, and there's extra text

SMILE2NE1

Great thread!!! But it's a little messed up.. some spoilers aren't right, some lists aren't there, and there's extra text

A change in the settings of GGD 2.0 has resulted in code not working in spoiler tags...

so floppy....

"His love and imperfection (x10)" in the FAOL remix? I thought it was "Loving him, the fashion of his.. (x10)" :wat:

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Mills locked this topic

Archived