Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

I watched episode 2 today.

Now I have to wait 2 weeks for a new one. and okay, I guess the episodes to feel short, but I guess its because it get really into the show and don't want it to end.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

I am loving the 2nd book. Not far into it at all so far. Been super busy. But I fight SO hard not to come in here and post all the time. I can't wait until I am done so I can read freely!!!

Who is everyone's favorite characters?

Overall my favorite characters are: Brienne, Jaime, Tyrion, Arya, Little Finger and for some reason Cersei Lannister.

If HBO portrays her correctly, Brienne could be an inspirational character for both men and women as she's a female warrior who goes against the "gender roles" of the Medieval Times period. Jaime Lannister does not get enough credit as a satirist and I believe he is one of the most dynamic characters on the series. I love Tyrion's wits- I mean who doesn't? Arya is one amazing young lady- a little girl out there on her own trying to find a way to survive. LittleFinger is by far the best player in the game. I wouldn't consider him a villian- he's just that clever. And I just love how Cersei Lannister thinks of herself as a powerful woman, yet deep inside of her she knows that everything is completely falling apart. Honorable mention: Catelyn Stark- she's bold and doesn't even realize how strong she is. I think in the 2nd book Catelyn's life collapses, yet she keeps holding on.

I'm bipolar with Sansa, Robb, and Jon Snow: I just find Jon to be so... depressing in a way. He has a tough life ahead of him, and he does his best to maintain the honor of his house, but personally I found it really difficult to keep interest in his chapters- well at least for now. Sweet and innocent Sansa.. she's a young girl who was lost in her dreams of Kinghthood and Palaces, but eventually she realizes how cruel the world really is. She has to live a lie and a single mistake can cost her her own life and maybe the life of others. And Robb is a great military commander, but- blahxg I don't want to say it- just keep reading the books and well see how HBO portrays him later on..

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

*Game of Thrones Wins a Peabody Award

*PeabodyAward.jpg

It was announced this morning that Game of Thrones is among the winners of this year’s George Foster Peabody Award, one of the oldest electronic media awards. They are given out for excellence in the field, and – remarkably enough – the laureates are selected by a unanimous decision of the board members. Make sure to read Maureen Ryan’s piece in its entirety to learn more.

Adapted from dark-age fantasy books by George R.R. Martin, the series immerses viewers in a multilayered, distinctly imagined world of mysticism and earthiness, fidelity and deceit, wonder and mayhem.

A dense, compelling saga of intrigue and survival in an unsettled kingdom, “Game of Thrones†examines themes of loyalty, family and ambition against an epic backdrop. Just as a previous Peabody winner, “Battlestar Galactica†ably transcended the “science fiction†label, “Game of Thrones†is more than just a “fantasy†drama; it’s a deeply relatable story about flawed, complex people trying to figure out the right course of action in a world that is crumbling around them.

http://peabody.uga.edu/71stwinners.php

It's listed towards the Middle-Bottom. :golfclap:

Edited by King

Goldenhen

So Brienne is like Joan of Arc or Mulan right? :usrs: For those who did watched episode 2 did Brienne made first appearance?

I watched episode 2 today.

Now I have to wait 2 weeks for a new one. and okay, I guess the episodes to feel short, but I guess its because it get really into the show and don't want it to end.

Better than the first episode?

Better than the first episode?

Yes. :nacho: arya finally got more screen time :legend:

but damn, they had so many s-x scenes in this one

btw, does gendry get all pedo on arya in the tv series :confused: I heard he and arya get sort of romantic in the books, or am I mistaking?

Edited by Miss Boogie

Yes. :nacho: arya finally got more screen time :legend:

but damn, they had so many s-x scenes in this one

btw, does gendry get all pedo on arya in the tv series :confused: I heard he and arya get sort of romantic in the books, or am I mistaking?

YES, I need some Arya in my life.

Oh great. The last s-x scene took me completely by surprise.

Tbh, I was expecting Gendry to be a bit younger. That's how I imagined him, at least. And not really, they're just friends in the books.

Alijandro

YES, I need some Arya in my life.

Oh great. The last s-x scene took me completely by surprise.

Tbh, I was expecting Gendry to be a bit younger. That's how I imagined him, at least. And not really, they're just friends in the books.

The last one was a surprise, but the s-xception early on, where the s-x scene cut to the s-x scene in the s-x scene! Also, Alfie Allen.....need I say more?

The last one was a surprise, but the s-xception early on, where the s-x scene cut to the s-x scene in the s-x scene! Also, Alfie Allen.....need I say more?

Of course it's him, haha. I honestly don't think he's good-looking. :shrug:

Lion Heart

So Brienne is like Joan of Arc or Mulan right? :usrs: For those who did watched episode 2 did Brienne made first appearance?

Her backstory is what makes her a great character- she's been through so much (and she still does) yet she keeps fighting on.

I swear there was a scene were Gendry got slightly romantic with Arya in the 2nd book, but of course this will play off differently on screen since Gendry's too old for little 12 year old Arya-

I hope.

Edited by King

Lion Heart

Lol- I found this gif:

o223696550.gif

idk what this is about but :neutral:

tumblr_m1le25qlSU1qlwhwdo3_400.jpg

"That’s Doctor Who’s new companion, Jenna-Louise Coleman and Game of Thrones’ Robb Stark, Richard Madden."

Edited by King

THG talk (I waited to respond until I finished Mockingjay):

I agree that Catching Fire was the best in the series. Although I'd follow it up with Mockingjay just because it was also focused on 'bringing down the man' so to speak. But I completely feel what you mean about the ending being so rushed. I was kinda confused by the end thinking, "So...she's crazy?" I wish they had left it with her being crazy, but adding the whole Peeta and children stuff just made it rushed. Major lack of character development also, tbh.

Yeah, I just hated how she concluded a three book series in about 20 pages, which just made it feel so rushed in my opinion. I was happy that Katniss ended up with Peeta because I couldn't stand Gale most of the time, but the epilogue was a mess.

Ah- I remember that scene. I just hope that HBO keeps the hilarious Tyrion and Cersei conversation they have near the beginning of the book.

Some of these Lannisters change as the series progresses tbqh.You're in for some surprises. 6fa8bf9c.gif

I read that scene yesterday.

They better keep those lines in for a future episode. It's way too good of a line and funny to pass up.

I'm expecting

Jaime

to change for some reason, but I have no clue on any other Lannisters changing.

I know.. I'm reading slow. I keep getting distracted during the day. :sweat:

Edited by Rito

Lion Heart

I'm expecting

Jaime

to change for some reason, but I have no clue on any other Lannisters changing.

I know.. I'm reading slow. I keep getting distracted during the day. :sweat:

I've been with the FFC book for 3 months and I'm not about to get through with it any time soon so... :awesome:

HBO has released the Titles of Episodes: 16,17,18,19 along with their summaries. The spoiler below only contains the titles of those Episodes... I'm not going to post the summaries here.

Episode 16 – “The Old Gods and the New†by Vanessa Taylor

Episode 17 – “A Man Without Honor†by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss

Episode 18 – “The Prince of Winterfell†by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss

Episode 19 – “Blackwater†by George R. R. Martin

16K post! :woot:

Edited by King

Goldenhen

"That’s Doctor Who’s new companion, Jenna-Louise Coleman and Game of Thrones’ Robb Stark, Richard Madden."

I see fame hooker couple and don't worry it won't last long.

Is this the premiere of Titantic rerelease? I saw pics of him floating around last week, at the premiere. I don't know if this is from the same thing, though . :ohno:

Regardless,

that b---h. :grr:

• Lion Heart locked this topic