Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Has anyone seen the black death? I know sean bean is in it... :sweat:

but is it worth watching? :ohno:

Sean Bean is in it? I bet he dies in that movie too :nails:

I haven't seen it, but now that you brought it up.... popcorn.gif

Well Metacritic has the movie rated at 71/100.. so it should be alright.

I'm reading, on the other forums, people saying that the writers/runners of the show said SoS will be split into two seasons. And that GRRM said WoW is coming out in roughly 4 years. :huh:

I read something along those lines as well (about The Winds of Winter coming out in about 4 years), but then again he is GRRMartin so... Storm of Swords has a whole bunch of stuff going on, they Have to split it up (maybe they will film those two seasons back to back.- like Lord of the Rings) :shrug:

ADDING:

tumblr_lptgwfcp2I1qb4o5z.jpg

Edited by King
β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

:dies: Please watch. I thought some of the scenes were pretty funny:

EDIT:

tumblr_ls3jk1I9Fg1r3hz9go1_500.png

* Bran Stark sig ready to debut next week :legend:

Edited by King

Lion Heart

lol @ Martin vid.

*KIT HARINGTON (JON SNOW) @ MEN'S JOURNAL

*normal_007.jpg

*+ many other Pics:

*http://gallery.kit-harington.com/displayimage.php?album=90&pid=4259#top_display_media

:dies: Please watch. I thought some of the scenes were pretty funny:

What godly annoying music though. :toofloppy:

" I was the one going through your trash" "thats ****ed up man." :haha:

"at least I don't **** my sister" :dies:

Lion Heart

*GAME OF THRONES SEASON 2- ICELAND

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkOD5AzAkE&feature=channel_video_title

:clap:

*+ "Working As An Extra"

*http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2012/2/16/working-as-an-extra.html

Edited by King

Lion Heart

* :)

*tumblr_lzcgd6oAOR1qb6vjt.jpg

*tumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso3_250.pngtumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso12_r1_250.png

*tumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso1_250.pngtumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso2_250.png

*tumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso4_250.pngtumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso9_250.png

*tumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso8_250.pngtumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso5_250.png

*tumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso6_250.pngtumblr_lz9yo5pJJE1r68zoso7_250.png

Edited by King

Lion Heart

*NEW SEASON 2 DETAILS:

*http://www.scifinow....-sale-thursday/

*Semi-Spoiler but not by much

All of the major characters have two sets of each costume and piece of armour/weaponry. This is because they sometimes needed to fly actors from Dubrovnik back to Belfast to film at the Paint Hall and then rush them back again, and clearing costumes and weapons through customs is a nightmare.

There is a set of ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ‹Ε“bone armourΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ featuring in S2 which will make ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ‹Ε“readers of the books clap their hands in delightΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’.

Cersei has a set of ornamental and elegant, ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ‹Ε“Valkyrie-likeΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ armour.

HBO mocked up a section of KingΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s Landing wall for the Blackwater. The wall is 20 metres away from a stretch of water, allowing skiffs full of soldiers to disembark under heavy arrow, ballistae and boiling oil fire from the walls.

The Blackwater battle will feature a very clever aquatic battering ram. Basically itΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s on a boat with rib-like supports sticking out the top. When the boat beaches, the soldiers unpack the battering ram, spin the boat upside down, reconnect the ram and then run it up to the gates with the hull of the boat acting as cover from missile fire. ItΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s basically a medieval version of the landing craft from D-Day (my take, not the magazineΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s).

Season 2 is the ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ‹Ε“season of battles, especially episode nineΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’. The crew built another ship at the Linen Mill Studio in Bainbridge. This ship is 140 feet long, 35 feet tall and has a 3oo-foot greenscreen surrounding it. The ship has a modular deck, which they can use as the cargo scow that takes Theon home but they they can lift on a whole new top deck to turn it into StannisΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s flagship, including the addition of a 12-foot-tall stagΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s head with antlers as a figurehead.

The Eyrie set is still standing in the Paint Hall, despite not featuring at all for Season 2. ItΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s too intricate to dismantle and store and they will need it for future seasons, so itΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s been left up.

A second, ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ‹Ε“purpose-builtΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ studio is being built next to the Paint Hall to help accomodate the needs of the series going into future seasons. The reporter repeats the rumour that Seasons 3 and 4 will be greenlighted and shot back-to-back to cover A STORM OF SWORDS.

Edited by King

Can't wait for Episode 9. :flutter: Sounds like the penultimate episode of this season will be just as talked about as episode 9 in S1.

TiphEret

I have to watch it a friend of mine is playing in it

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorΓ©es,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom

Lion Heart

I have to watch it a friend of mine is playing in it

I hope you like it!

Can't wait for Episode 9. :flutter: Sounds like the penultimate episode of this season will be just as talked about as episode 9 in S1.

I heard the Battle of the Blackwater will be 60 mins long (the whole episode basically).

*MY HUSBAND TALKS GAME OF THRONES SEASON 2

ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œTo be totally honest, buying clothes is out of necessity. I have endless supplies of pants and socks because filming overruns and I donΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t have time to go to the laundrette so I end up buying more,ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬ grins an infallibly dressed Richard Madden.

Best known for his captivating portrayal of Robb Stark in leading fantasy drama Game of Thrones - and not to forget for knocking the likes of Gerard Butler clean out of the water winning Best Dressed Man at the Scottish style awards - Richard remains perplexed as to how he scooped such a prize: ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œWhen I dress myself itΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s definitely not well planned. ItΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s like ****, I need a shirt for now, so IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ll go into the shop and find something and then afterwards think ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ‹Ε“you bought thatΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Β¦.reallyΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Β¦why!?ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ Horrible mistake!ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

Today classic, understated and dashing as ever, dressed head to toe in black apart from the charcoal trench in tow, the glistening grandiose of LondonΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s Soho Hotel couldnΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t be further removed from the actors onscreen sword-laden, horseback rampages through a reminiscently medieval landscape.

ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œAs soon as I put on my costume my physicality instantly is changed because I have to walk a certain way, that and the fact that IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’m in the accent all the time really helps me get into character.ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

A fantasy tale of warring families and avenging warriors, the hit television series based on the bestselling novel A Song of Ice and Fire by American author George RR Martin, sees Richard find his footing as a coming-of-age King, following the death of his father (Sean Bean).

ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œSeanΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s an actor that knows what heΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s doing in front of the camera, you can just watch him and heΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s got it all in his eyes. My character follows his character so much and looks up to him it kind of mirrors me being a young actor looking up to someone whoΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s loads of stuff.ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

Returning to our screens this April for its second season, Game of Thrones is already on everyoneΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s lips and the showΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s second offering promises to deliver an equal level of cult hype and acclaim.

ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œItΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s been great how many people have really tuned into it, people who donΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t usually like the genre. ThatΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s what I get a lot of the time, people saying IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’m not into any of that but I love the show. This season you go deeper into a lot of the characters. Robb Stark has more confidence ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β‚¬Ε“ heΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s learning by doing ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β‚¬Ε“ we have a little love story or two, there are some new faces, some people get more evil, some get smarter and of course thereΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s a bit of death thrown in there too.ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

Pausing momentarily with the arrival of more coffee, Richard shakes his head in jests: ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œMusicians get beers and ice buckets when they do anything press related, thatΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s what I want!ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬ He laughs. ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œOn a serious note, IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’m definitely not one of those actors who just want honey and lemon and think if they act like an athlete their performance will be better. To be honest going to the gym is the last thing I want to do every day, but I have to because my character has topless scenes and is meant to be fit and I need to convey that to the audience.ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

It is clear that attention to detail is important to the rising star. Although his characterΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s journey is already mapped out in the novels, Richard explains he doesnΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t read ahead, allowing the audience discover his character with him. He is also very selective about which roles he chooses to play: ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œThings have just jumped for me which has been nice but IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ve tried to keep it as diverse as I can. I try not to play parts that IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ve done before or that arenΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t particularly interesting to me. I feel if IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’m not that interested in it then an audience wonΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t be either.ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

The result has seen Richard unleash his talent on many a role from classic characters like Romeo to a gay paramedic in Sirens, most recently gracing our screens as Captain Weir in the BBCΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s adaptation of Birdsong, alongside BurberryΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s new muse, Eddie Redmayne.

Unlike his ubiquitous co-star, the unassuming Scotsman has so far shied away from the flashlight of fame: ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œIΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’m terrified of a still camera but if itΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s rolling IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’m fine. Whenever IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ve done any photo shoots in the past weΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ve had a really good photographer whoΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s helped me A LOT! I just become instantly terrified, totally aware of my face and body and I just crumble and hate it. I donΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t know how to do it,ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬ he smiles. ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œI have huge respect for people like Eddie who can!ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

ThatΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s not to say the twenty-five-year-old canΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t stomach a challenge. Currently on hiatus from filming Game of Thrones he hopes to secure a ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ‹Ε“more adult maleΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ role in his next show of versatility: ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…β€œI always take some time trying to find the right thing for me. IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’ve been playing young men for years so IΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’d like to try a late twenties masculine character in a really meaty drama, I think that will test me as an actor. I want to push myself at the moment. ItΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s all about what catches me and whatΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’s going to make me workΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Β¦!ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬

Game of Thrones returns to our screens this April!

Words by Rowan Newman

http://1883magazine.com/film/film/2012/02/16/richard-madden

Edited by King

Deceased.

I watched the HBO series first and fell in love, so I decided to try out the books, and fell even more in love. Now I'm about a third of the way through Dance with Dragons. Kind of hard to get through this one and Feast with Crows, tbh. So much unnecessary information. I really don't need to know what they eat at every meal in excessive detail (as demonstrated in the latter video). He really should just write a cookbook tbh.

Well Richard need to work out on his chest, biceps and abs if he wants to look good shirtless on TV cause Kit has much more hotter body than Richard.

Lion Heart

I watched the HBO series first and fell in love, so I decided to try out the books, and fell even more in love. Now I'm about a third of the way through Dance with Dragons. Kind of hard to get through this one and Feast with Crows, tbh. So much unnecessary information. I really don't need to know what they eat at every meal in excessive detail (as demonstrated in the latter video). He really should just write a cookbook tbh.

I'm still on Feast for Crows- somewhere around page 400 or so. I must admit I'm having a hard time getting through this book compared to the other 3 books preceeding it. :/ But I am loving Cersei's POV.

Well Richard need to work out on his chest, biceps and abs if he wants to look good shirtless on TV cause Kit has much more hotter body than Richard.

:/

72163698.gif

Edited by King

• Lion Heart locked this topic