Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV Show "Faking It"

juicyjuicy

Featured Posts

Maybe it will end up that hey will find their true s-xuality and they just think they are faking it.....am i reaching?

nah ur not reaching, thats what they were pretty much implying in the of the trailer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
autumnmycat

Sorry honey but t.A.T.u beat you on that one. This idea is so 2001.

http://youtu.be/8mGBaXPlri8

After having an LGBT TV station I can't imagine they'd allow this to be as insensitive as it looks from the trailer, if it is though   :awkney:

Looks like a horrible show. No matter what way they take that plot they are in for a mess. I'm still waiting for a high quality show where the main character is queer but where s-xuality isn't the topic of the show. My dream is a sci fi show where the character is gay but it doesn't really matter.

Hauser

This show is a HORRIBLE idea, it is just further perpetuating the idea of women's s-xuality being flakey. 

I was pretty puzzled when I saw the ads for this last week. They're kind of making a mockery of homos-xuality.

I'm sure it'll be passed of as "satire" and they will receive minimal controversy. 

nomorescheisse

This looks really bad.  The dislike ratio on that youtube video is telling.

I honestly really want to watch it though :giveup:

Let's sue them

You're literally my favorite queen photo-14904.jpg?_r=1396041473

Already sounds better than Jersey Shore.

Hi madge What will sam say about this

uYD2dTz.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QQ87wlaFqg

Bebe

Interesting. But playing further devils advocate, would this show have even been made if it was about straight guys pretending to be gay to get the attention of girls? :usrs:

Lesbians face a major problem in that a lot are seen as attention seeking, and this show further perpetuates that  :shrug:

Obviously it wouldn't, I think it is clear that the show is capitalising on the s-xualisation of teenage girls. I can't really think of many shows including LGBT characters that don't play upon stereotypes and caricatures. It is interesting to note that the most popular male character is a gay art student though.

It seems like the character Amy is actually lesbian, while the character Karma is manipulative and will do anything it takes to be popular. This seems more like a plot about unrequited love and a potential dark comedy. 

The normalisation of homos-xual relationships could be seen as positive but it depends on the direction the show goes.

Early reviews seem to suggest that the show has a little more depth than suggested, so i'm willing to give it a chance.

Archived