Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV Show "Faking It"

juicyjuicy

Featured Posts

juicyjuicy

Isn't one of the girls actually a lesbian, but in the closet in the show? Unless I misinterpretedthat one scene in the trailer.

She might be. But I highly doubt it since the other trailers seem to focus on both of them trying to attract boys.

Either way, the show's premise perpetuates the idea that it's "cool" to be LGBTQ these days. Which is certainly not the reality. LGBTQ face a lot of hardships that straight people don't.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luv u Sum

Maybe it will end up that hey will find their true s-xuality and they just think they are faking it.....am i reaching?

ErosBiesh

From what I saw I think it's about gurls who start faking they are ghey but then they realize they are into the pussay. 

If not, then what did yall bishes expect from them after Teen mom.  :awkney:

Cas Winchester

She might be. But I highly doubt it since the other trailers seem to focus on both of them trying to attract boys.

Either way, the show's premise perpetuates the idea that it's "cool" to be LGBTQ these days. Which is certainly not the reality. LGBTQ face a lot of hardships that straight people don't.

Maybe it has to do with the show's title and theme? Say one is faking attraction to boys and the other to her bff? That's what I got from it, but yes we do face many hardships and some more than others.

MahoganySnitch

This.

DrewStevens

Idk. I'm not gonna judge until I see how it really is. Many people complained about G.B.F. before it was released because it seemed to be about treating gays like pets and it was totally different.

Staryu

Let's not judge a whole show this quickly guys. I know, I know... it's MTV, BUT... let's bash it after knowing more about it at least. :emma:

It might even be decent if they decide to do the whole "in the end, we realize that what we did in the last 12 episodes was wrong, being gay is not a choice y'all"

LordRyRy

Idk. I'm not gonna judge until I see how it really is. Many people complained about G.B.F. before it was released because it seemed to be about treating gays like pets and it was totally different.

I totally agree. I watched G.B.F. last night with my boyfriend and our roommate and we loved it. The movie was more about how gays shouldn't be objectified and treated like an accessory and that we should all be treated equal.

This show could end up having a positive meaning. From the trailer it seems like the outcasts are the popular kids in school. Trailers are the worst way to judge a movie or a TV show because you don't know what's going to happen.

Bebe

Playing devils advocate for a second, is a show depicting homos-xuality (specifically lesbianism) as a popular thing inherently harmful?

Against the clear s-xualisation of teen girls but portraying a couple of POPULAR girls in a lesbian relationship might not be the worst thing in the world. Those tired of the weird and victimised LGBT characters might have something to celebrate.

One Five Ten

Playing devils advocate for a second, is a show depicting homos-xuality (specifically lesbianism) as a popular thing inherently harmful?

Against the clear s-xualisation of teen girls but portraying a couple of POPULAR girls in a lesbian relationship might not be the worst thing in the world. Those tired of the weird and victimised LGBT characters might have something to celebrate.

Interesting. But playing further devils advocate, would this show have even been made if it was about straight guys pretending to be gay to get the attention of girls? :usrs:

Lesbians face a major problem in that a lot are seen as attention seeking, and this show further perpetuates that  :shrug:

Archived