Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ozzy and Gaga top poll with lyrics most tricky to make out

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Ozzy Osbourne and Lady Gaga's songs have topped a poll of acts whose lyrics people find most difficult to make out.

Veteran British rock star Ozzy takes first, followed by eccentric Born This Way singer Lady Gaga in the survey of 2,000 people.

Boombastic singer Shaggy, Jamaican reggae artist Sean Paul and US rapper Jay Z complete the top five.

The top 10, compiled for music streaming service Blinkbox Music, also features US chart-toppers Rihanna and Miley Cyrus, as well as the late singer and guitarist Jimi Hendrix, Purple Rain singer Prince and Bob Dylan.

itv.com

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

does no one listen to bjorks music i mean...its like you have to look up a science thesaurus for every word lel

Giorno Giovanna

They don't know Crystal Castles or iamamiwhoami I guess, cause their songlyrics are so damn hard to understand

E.g.: Insulin by Crystal Castles

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

does no one listen to bjorks music i mean...its like you have to look up a science thesaurus for every word lel

tumblr_mun19t1zhi1rjxoico3_400.gif

But on the real though, to me... her vocals and annunciation are very clear, it's when she makes up/changes random words.. especially in her adlibs, I get confused.

soundwave

Anomaly

Applause was super hard to make out at first, as was Donatella, a few parts of Swine, and some of her other songs. And Ozzy slurs his words all the time so that's understandable haha.

Does the list mean the annunciation or the interpretation? I can see the interpretation, but her vocals are pretty clear to me :shrug:

Do they mean as in make out the meaning or make out what the f*ck are they even saying? :confused:

Knife

That's the worst problem to have if you make pop music - to have your music be both hard to interpret and the lyrics to be difficult to discern. 

Does the list mean the annunciation or the interpretation? I can see the interpretation, but her vocals are pretty clear to me :shrug:

You can understand the lyrics of "Sexxx Dreams" without consulting the booklet?

That's the worst problem to have if you make pop music - to have your music be both hard to interpret and difficult to discern. 

You can understand the lyrics of "Sexxx Dreams" without consulting the booklet?

You're generalizing.. I didn't take it to mean every song is easy to hear, but that most of them are not that difficult.

Archived