💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Big Brother: Power Trip (UK/Series 15)

mcphee

Featured Posts

gagalovesme

OMG THERES ONLY ABOUT TWO MONTHS LEFT UNTIL MY LIFE CAN START AGAIN!!! That's seriously how much I love big brother :flop: can this year's really be as good as last year's though? That was frigging iconic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Michael

• Electric Venus

• JaysAMess

Stef

OMG THERES ONLY ABOUT TWO MONTHS LEFT UNTIL MY LIFE CAN START AGAIN!!! That's seriously how much I love big brother :flop: can this year's really be as good as last year's though? That was frigging iconic

Last years was the most talked about since 2006, not to mention its highest viewer average since its move to channel 5. it will be remembered as one of the best

Signature loading… 👹🖤

dontbesweet

You b---hes had me RUNNING here. Thought they'd announced something!

There is still no news on a renewal for the show  :ohno:

Its due, traditionally it is announced around this time, but they seem to be postponing this year

The current contract expires after this summer, so two more series at least (1 civilian and 1 Flop-Celebrity) :flop:

Very scary - and Richard Desmond is trying to sell Channel 5, too.

Rumours are that ITV want to buy the rights for BB to show on ITV2.

mcphee

Last years was the most talked about since 2006, not to mention its highest viewer average since its move to channel 5. it will be remembered as one of the best

The cast of housemates' was perfect, and the secrets and lies theme is iconic BBUK

This series has been confirmed to have a sub-theme too, like Secrets and Lies last summer, so its looking good so far  :Jase:

You b---hes had me RUNNING here. Thought they'd announced something!

Very scary - and Richard Desmond is trying to sell Channel 5, too.

Rumours are that ITV want to buy the rights for BB to show on ITV2.

Now that scares me.

BB on itv2 would be a travesty 

TOWIE is the perfect example of how itv can't deal with Reality Television  :rofl:

dontbesweet

The cast of housemates' was perfect, and the secrets and lies theme is iconic BBUK

This series has been confirmed to have a sub-theme too, like Secrets and Lies last summer, so its looking good so far  :Jase:

Now that scares me.

BB on itv2 would be a travesty 

TOWIE is the perfect example of how itv can't deal with Reality Television  :rofl:

But then in another way, it would guarantee another few series.

Imagine the promo from ITV. Bigger budget, massive advertising on all of their other shows.

Cant wait! When does it start?

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Stef

Imagine the promo from ITV. Bigger budget, massive advertising on all of their other shows.

I'd rather see BB end with its dignity than sell itself to cheap tacky scripting tbh :whitney:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

mcphee

I think the show needs a rest for a couple of years, then come back with a proper bang! It would be great to see its on top form again

Itv2 would guarantee an end of it being taken seriously, it would just become another reality show  :noparty:

Itv Promo = best there is though, so I agree with you there

Long live BB on Channel 5 though! BB14 and this years celebrity series showed us all that there is still something there, It made me fall in love with the show all over again tbh

Cant wait! When does it start?

No news yet, next few months though!

Edited by Fraser

dontbesweet

I'd rather see BB end with its dignity than sell itself to cheap tacky scripting tbh :whitney:

Really! C5 is the cheapest and tackiest channel there is, worse than ITV2 IMO.

mcphee

Really! C5 is the cheapest and tackiest channel there is, worse than ITV2 IMO.

The money C5 have put into Big Brother though is unlike that of any show on that channel in history.

Though the editing is tacky as f**k, and Marcus Bentley's narrating is horrendous, and the graphics are getting progressively worse   :millie:

With Desmond going from the channel for good, it should put an end to the sleazy BB era we've had to put up with recently. It was his vision to turn BB into a tacky reality show

Edited by Fraser

The money C5 have put into Big Brother though is unlike that of any show on that channel in history.

Though the editing is tacky as f**k, and Marcus Bentley's narrating is horrendous, and the graphics are getting progressively worse   :millie:

With Desmond going from the channel for good, it should put an end to the sleazy BB era we've had to put up with recently. It was his vision to turn BB into a tacky reality show

What series marks the transition from social experiment to reality show for you? If this series maintains last year's viewings or even improves upon them there wouldn't be a reason for them to give up the show, as it's unlikely that the channel's popularity would massively spike after a sale instantly :shrug: Although I'm no longer a fan of the show :/

mcphee

What series marks the transition from social experiment to reality show for you? If this series maintains last year's viewings or even improves upon them there wouldn't be a reason for them to give up the show, as it's unlikely that the channel's popularity would massively spike after a sale instantly :shrug: Although I'm no longer a fan of the show :/

Series 8 for me. After the whole racism incident they had to tone the show down A LOT

its not been the same since, however, I do think that last year with series 14 they have finally figured how to take it back to the social experiment within the constraints held by ofcom. The show will never be a pure reality show anymore. You can hardly say anything on TV now without people taking offence, especially with BB.

The show is here for another two series at least. BB is a massive investment though, and until the new owners of 5 have control I don't think It will be signed, cause its a massive commitment

_______

What was it that made you stop being a fan? the transition from 4 to 5 or other reasons?

What was it that made you stop being a fan? the transition from 4 to 5 or other reasons?

I sort of lost interest partway through series 10 or 11 I think, but I can still get quite emotional watching the ultimate big brother final. I could still casually watch it if it happened to be on but I would never make it my business to be watching it now :shrug: Davina sort of made the show for me too so it's not the same in that sense now either...

mcphee

I sort of lost interest partway through series 10 or 11 I think, but I can still get quite emotional watching the ultimate big brother final. I could still casually watch it if it happened to be on but I would never make it my business to be watching it now :shrug: Davina sort of made the show for me too so it's not the same in that sense now either...

Emma is doing an amazing job though, she has the exact stage presence davina had  :wub:

Ultimate Big Brother was so emotional! I was so sad to see it go 'forever' then it came back like the following summer lol  :toofunga:

Ultimate Big Brother was so emotional! I was so sad to see it go 'forever' then it came back like the following summer lol  :toofunga:

Even the funeral adverts for ultimate big brother with the sombre theme tune were so emotional :giveup:

Edited by hmm