💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicola Formichetti: The Lady Gaga thing pushed me into the limelight

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Key to Formichetti's Mugler revival was, of course, Lady Gaga. She sported the label long before he took the reins, wearing an archive Mugler "Cyborg" suit for her Jonas Akerlund-directed "Paparazzi" video in 2009. She acted as musical director for Formichetti's debut 2011 menswear show, and modelled in his first womenswear show. And she sported the Mugler collections, allegedly purchasing the first womenswear show in its entirety. Formichetti also states she was instrumental in propelling him into the Mugler role.

"I was happy being backstage, being part of the design team," he says. "But the whole Gaga thing pushed me into the limelight. Then the Mugler thing happened. Instead of saying no, I just did it. Maybe it was too early, for me."

Lady Gaga was the point, presumably, where that interest was reignited. Formichetti was as the centre of a cadre of creatives Gaga herself dubbed "The Haus of Gaga", who devised some of those "phantom" garments for Mother Monster to model during her numerous public appearances, each necessitating a costume change. (Formichetti has estimated their daily number at no fewer than 12.) "I wasn't her stylist because I wasn't really styling her," he says of the three years he worked with Lady Gaga.

"We were coming up with all the other stuff too. I didn't want to call myself a stylist. It felt like a little gang of creators just doing their thing. I'm really sad now that I'm not doing it. I wish I could keep doing that. But I had to do my own thing. I miss focusing on something and just keep doing it, keep doing better."

Formichetti's work with Lady Gaga catapulted him into a new realm of popularity and fame. Although he resists, and is irked by, the term, he became the most famous stylist in the world (Gaga ha impact :legend: ) And the work of Formichetti and the clan of Gaga collaborators, including the Lady herself, to devise her often controversial but always noteworthy images, has perhaps best defined the nebulous idea of creative or artistic direction in the public's eye. It wasn't an easy route. "When I first started with Gaga, everyone was like, 'What the **** are you doing? Don't go there! Why are you working with a musician? You're going to ruin your career,'" says Formichetti. "No one would lend me any clothes. Now it's such a normal thing to request a high fashion brand if you're doing a music video. Credits, credits! I just did that because I came from magazines, and I just wanted to tell the world how much work I'd been doing, on that bloody 'Bad Romance' video!"

Source

Michael

Things definitely seemed bitter between him and Gaga judging role her Howard Stern interview from last year.

Pure Adrenaline

Yess Gaga changing the fashion world through music videos one former stylist at a time :legend:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

MonsterOfSpain

Things definitely seemed bitter between him and Gaga judging role her Howard Stern interview from last year.

She said she didn't change like 12 times a day? lol That's true

RAMROD

Yas, that bloody iconic Bad Romance MV :applause::

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

My Little Phoney

He seems a little bitter looking back... he did a stellar job though.

Elizabeth

Interesting read :)

I felt that was aimed more towards the media that 'twisted' his words about working with Gaga and the comment about the changing outfits thing which was made out to be a bigger deal than it was.

"I wasn't her stylist because I wasn't really styling her," he says of the three years he worked with Lady Gaga.

:huh:

Well he made her look like that and this is my fav look of hers, EVER  :legend:

lady-gaga-mugler-fw11-01.jpg

THIS LOOK WAS EVERYTHING

Archived