đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Charts Discussion - Gaga Earns 3rd #1 Album

Arturo

Featured Posts

Whispering

Rude Boy was a single from Rated R which was released two years after Good Girl Gone Bad. The era was doing as bad as ARTPOP till that single came along. I don't see why Gaga has to be different about follow up singles just cause she is a different kind of artist and usually promotes every song she puts out in various occasions up until G.U.Y. at least. All you need is radio, the rest promo is just extra help. So why not release a single, see if it sticks on radio and then film the video and do interviews and performances. Anyway I only recommended a fourth single for album sales so they could just make it a radio single only

I would have liked a fourth single as well, but only if it was Gypsy, but that shipped has sailed. There is a big lapse of time now since G.U.Y...it isn't happeneing!

Once again, Rihanna is different. The media seems to ignore her flops and radio doesn't care. They know she will just keep shooting them out until one sticks and they accept that from her, for some reason? I can't think of another current artist that gets this same consideration...and Gaga DEFINITELY doesn't! If Gaga has an underperformance, it's basically flashed across every media publication and follows her for months and years, no matter what she does.

Different artists...different expectations and reactions.

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get offended. It's just not true in my opinion. It has no ****ing chorus, that alone excludes the possibility of the song being generic :rip: And 50% of the song is piano, how is that generic ? It's just piano. But yeah I'm not going to try change your opinion so ..

I said the instrumental :awkney: And it has a very simple chorus when she sings "tonight".

Jjang

*I don't want any more singles from ARTPOP. I'm ready for act 2 (even though I doubt she's even THINKING of releasing it).

Mariano

I said the instrumental :awkney: And it has a very simple chorus when she sings "tonight".

it's not a chorus..  but yeah i forgot u said instrumental. Still disagree with you but oh well '-'

Sam Smith is so talented. I can't at people being pressed at people like Adele, Sam etc. just because they have success.  I agree that 21 is overrated but the simple fact that Adele is such a nice person and so talented is enough of a reason not to hate on ha etc.  Same for Sam.

I don't want ACT2 anymore.  If she releases ARTPOP ACT 2 in 2015, this will be just too stupid. . .  Teasing this concept since 2012.. It's so tired now.

Jjang

*Gaga sold about ~ 110m records WW right?

*Last time I checked it was like 80m+ singles and 25m albums.

ViviLittleM

Gaga sold about ~ 110m records WW right?

Last time I checked it was like 80m+ singles and 25m albums.

now it's

27 million albums worldwide (including 710,000 for "ARTPOP" in the U.S., according to Neilsen SoundScan), and more than 125 million downloaded singles since she broke in 2008.

GagaMyBlood95

BS

Adele's 21 has the most generic instrumentals then.  No. Not at all.  Universal is probably the word you are looking for honey :}  Or maybe you'd like to provide me with examples of similar instrumentals to Gypsy :nick:  Love u sis but no.

:applause:

No one should have to explain what it means. Non-original, vanilla, blends in, mainstream. Not everyone will hear a song the same, but I personally hear generic when I hear Gypsy. Does that mean it's a bad song? No.
:applause: spill the tea

Jjang

now it's

27 million albums worldwide (including 710,000 for "ARTPOP" in the U.S., according to Neilsen SoundScan), and more than 125 million downloaded singles since she broke in 2008.

*I believe she sold 27 million albums, I don't believe she sold 125 million singles though.

*Going by given numbers + a little bit of inflation ~ 87m singles

Blank Space

I know, but still. if you calculate her single sales + track sales + add inflation it stands at 87m. I don't understand where the other 40 million single sales come from. :rip:

You know, there is more places than USA,Canada,UK,France,Japan+ other bigger markets, she was force with TF/TFM in small markets too, just like Adole is right now.

Archived