💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Charts Discussion - Gaga Earns 3rd #1 Album

Arturo

Featured Posts

Whispering

The lies tho. G.U.Y. was always a fan favorite on ARTPOP :awkney:

Not for every fan and not for many of the regulars in this thread. That isn't a lie.

Why is this is so hard to understand?

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of supporters for G.U.Y. since the album release are probably the same as Venus and the other so-called fan favourites. Yes, the support wasn't universal, much like any of those other fan favourites anyway. But the fact that it's among the few tracks (Gypsy, Venus, SD, MANiCURE, Aura) which have always been part of the discussions for what could be and should be a single makes it a 'fan favourite' by default.  

Back in February, 56 members have voted for G.U.Y. as their choice for the next single, as opposed to the 20 votes for Venus. Here's the thread. And here's another thread, still back in February, with G.U.Y. leading with 81 votes, as opposed to the 39 votes for Venus. Another poll also showed that a sizeable majority preferred G.U.Y. over Venus, still in February (63 vs. 26).

The consensus was quite clear. Let's not discredit G.U.Y.'s status as a fan favourite just because it's either not a personal favourite or it bombed on the charts. Never been a fan of Venus, but I wouldn't call it as something that was never a strong favourite among the fanbase. 

TEANUS

This rise every time it is discounted proves that people want ARTPOP, they just don't wanna pay 15 f***ing dollars

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

RAMROD

Just make the low price permanent already.

I know Koons need his paycheck vut c'mon… :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Jewels n Drugs

r u serious? like the moment the album gets discounted it shoots up in sales. LEAVE IT DISCOUNTED FOR GOD'S SAKE!!

iKk5vTH6ywxSS.gif

This tbh

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

TimisaMonster

Get dem cheap sales Gaga...rise ARTPOP rise! Oh now all the haters make the album spike 300 spots...the hypocrisy when there's a sale...  :megaflop:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Gypsy Life

The amount of supporters for G.U.Y. since the album release are probably the same as Venus and the other so-called fan favourites. Yes, the support wasn't universal, much like any of those other fan favourites anyway. But the fact that it's among the few tracks (Gypsy, Venus, SD, MANiCURE, Aura) which have always been part of the discussions for what could be and should be a single makes it a 'fan favourite' by default.

Back in February, 56 members have voted for G.U.Y. as their choice for the next single, as opposed to the 20 votes for Venus. Here's the thread. And here's another thread, still back in February, with G.U.Y. leading with 81 votes, as opposed to the 39 votes for Venus. Another poll also showed that a sizeable majority preferred G.U.Y. over Venus, still in February (63 vs. 26).

The consensus was quite clear. Let's not discredit G.U.Y.'s status as a fan favourite just because it's either not a personal favourite or it bombed on the charts. Never been a fan of Venus, but I wouldn't call it as something that was never a strong favourite among the fanbase.

Guess it's time to stop releasing fan-favorites.

Guess it's time to stop releasing fan-favorites.

Not unless it's a song like Gypsy.  :hor:

Koreku

It sucks how Gaga is doing her job correctly (writing music, performing music) yet her team isn't doing their job quite well (distributing the music, getting it out there) and it's a kick in the face for her.

It's a group effort, if one part of the group fails to do their job, everyone else goes down too :giveup:

How could such a big record label allow one of their biggest stars to have a peak in the 70s I can't even

I'm scared to even check G.U.Y.s position :rip:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

It sucks how Gaga is doing her job correctly (writing music, performing music) yet her team isn't doing their job quite well (distributing the music, getting it out there) and it's a kick in the face for her.

It's a group effort, if one part of the group fails to do their job, everyone else goes down too :giveup:

How could such a big record label allow one of their biggest stars to have a peak in the 70s I can't even

I'm scared to even check G.U.Y.s position :rip:

Post-album singles not reaching the top 50 are quite the norm though. It just so happened we're used to Gaga's singles always (at that time) managing to peak within the top 30 (or top 10, prior to MTN). 

Gypsy Life

Not unless it's a song like Gypsy. :hor:

But is Gypsy a fan-favorite? Apparently people prefer MJH and 6 other tracks over it according to the ARTPOP rate here :awkney:

But is Gypsy a fan-favorite? Apparently people prefer MJH and 6 other tracks over it according to the ARTPOP rate here :awkney:

MJH?  :deadbanana: Did the leaked demo help, or was it rated before the demo got released? Anyway, Gypsy is my top favourite song from ARTPOP, and when the album was released, I've seen a lot of members here who've said the same. I could still remember a couple of threads calling it as her best song yet. 

Here's yet another poll thread showing how much loved Gypsy is as a potential single, with 91 votes against MANiCURE's 44.

myOWNtable

US iTunes: ARTPOP has now rocketed to #114!  Do I smell another #1 peak?     :excited2:  :hehe:

PRISM Deluxe #139  

Archived