💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The World of Middle Earth

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

I've actually never seen the Hobbit, or Lord of the Rings, or anything else in the OP :rip: Kinda feel like im missing out on something

The films are a good gateway into the world of Tolkien, they're made with everyone not just established fans in mind. The books are richer, the appendices even more, and The Silmarillion is the Bible. Start with the original trilogy of films (Extended Editions). Many new fans became fans because of them.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Titzlol

Your missing out a lot :P. If you are interested and you want to start from somewhere then feel free to quote me and ask me, I can give you a useful guidance from where to begin. :yes:

The films are a good gateway into the world of Tolkien, they're made with everyone not just established fans in mind. The books are richer, the appendices even more, and The Silmarillion is the Bible. Start with the original trilogy of films (Extended Editions). Many new fans became fans because of them.

:udidnt: looks like I might have to start looking into these :)

VforVendetta

:udidnt: looks like I might have to start looking into these :)
In my opinion you should begin with the movies (or the books) OF LOTR. It depends if you prefer reading or watching movies like this. I'd recommend you to do both though. :yes:

Edit: The after that considering that you will love it (which I'm sure) you should read Silmarillion. 

• 2 weeks later...
VforVendetta

Updates:

Oath of Feanor:

“Be he foe or friend, be he foul or clean
Brood of Morgoth or bright Vala,
Elda or Maia or Aftercomer,
Man yet unborn upon Middle-earth,
Neither law, nor love, nor league of swords,
Dread nor danger, not Doom itself
Shall defend him from Fëanáro, and Fëanáro’s kin,
Whoso hideth or hoardeth, or in hand taketh,
Finding keepeth or afar casteth
A Silmaril. This swear we all…
Death we will deal him ere Day’s ending,
Woe unto world’s end! Our word hear thou,
Eru Allfather! To the everlasting
Darkness doom us if our deed faileth…
On the holy mountain hear in witness
and our vow remember,
Manwë and Varda!"

The Oath

1ce55d50b75fe40e938c8d0fdf7b1f77-d4qso76

The Death Of Feanor:

Fëanor, still in a great rage, pressed on toward Angband with his sons. He came even within sight of Angband, but was ambushed by a force of Balrogs, with few elves about him. He fought mightily, hewing his foe even after receiving several wounds from Gothmog, lord of Balrogs.

His sons came upon the balrogs with great force of elves, and were able to drive them off. However, as Fëanor was being carried off the battlefield, he knew his wounds were fatal. He was brought to the slopes of the Ered Wethrin from where he saw from afar the peaks of Thangorodrim. He cursed Angband thrice, but with the eyes of death, he knew that his elves, unaided, would never throw down the dark towers. At the moment of his death the passing of his fiery spirit reduced his body to ashes.

Feanor surrounded by  Gothmog and the army of Balrogs

Feanor_and_Gothmog_colored_by_guisa-1fst

The Doom Of Mandos:

"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains. On the House of Fëanor the wrath of the Valar lieth from the West unto the uttermost East, and upon all that will follow them it shall be laid also. Their Oath shall drive them, and yet betray them, and ever snatch away the very treasures that they have sworn to pursue. To evil end shall all things turn that they begin well; and by treason of kin unto kin, and the fear of treason, shall this come to pass. The Dispossessed shall they be for ever. ..."

The Kinslaying

g7TTMT1.jpg

Mandos

mandos_namo_by_maureval-d2dbp6e.jpg

VforVendetta

oh. well, they totally blew new life in "the hobbit" which IMO sucks. :shrug:

I just noticed this comment. :nick: I understand why would you say that hobbit sucks but don't forget that it's a story written for children back in 1920. If you combine all the missing information that are in Unfinished Tales (like Peter Jackson did in the movie) the story becomes much more mature and better for older people. Still there are some very iconic mements in the book like the discussion between Bilbo and Smaug. 

Just finished reading The Silmarillion for the second time. Tolkien was a genius :giveup:

I actually would love this to be the history of our planet Earth.

VforVendetta

Just finished reading The Silmarillion for the second time. Tolkien was a genius :giveup:

I actually would love this to be the history of our planet Earth.

:legend:

VforVendetta

The Istari:

310993_121176884650130_120725101361975_8

The white council:

12wc.jpg

Who are your favourite characters? :)

Sauron

Galadriel

Gandalf

Saruman

The Witch-King

Morgoth

I love all characters tbh, this is what makes this world perfect. Every character is unique and has hiw own story to tell.

Peter Jackson just confirmed on his Facebook page, that the title of the third and final movie of the Hobbit Triology will be 'The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies' instead of 'The Hobbit: There And Back Again'.
https://www.facebook.com/PeterJacksonNZ?ref=ts&fref=ts

What do guys think? I really liked TABA because it's the name of Bilbo's book. But I guess BOFA makes more sense, since they are already 'there'.

VforVendetta

Peter Jackson just confirmed on his Facebook page, that the title of the third and final movie of the Hobbit Triology will be 'The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies' instead of 'The Hobbit: There And Back Again'.

https://www.facebook.com/PeterJacksonNZ?ref=ts&fref=ts

What do guys think? I really liked TABA because it's the name of Bilbo's book. But I guess BOFA makes more sense, since they are already 'there'.

I think it was the right choice because as you said by yourself the title TABA is not fitting the 3rd movie, it fits the whole trilogy combined. TBOFA is an amazing title and fits the movie a lot. :yes:

I am very excited for that movie tbh. :excited2:

• 3 weeks later...
Nazgul

Y'ALL KNOW THAT SAURON IS THE REAL GOD AND YOU'LL DEAL WITH IT YOU LITTLE FRODSTERS

tumblr_mvrtmf6zpn1sh56fno1_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...
VforVendetta

I'll update soon when I find some time tbh.

• 1 month later...
VforVendetta

Read an amazing quote Tolkien has said. :) (even if there are doubts if this quote is truly his)

A single dream is more powerful that a thousand realities.

Archived