and I have this framed and on my bedroom wall:

map%20of%20middle%20earth.jpg

Nnnn slay! :legend:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I started reading The Silmarillion! :legend::hug:

Edit: Omg that video above me is ****ing hysterical :lmao: Soooo accurate!

VforVendetta

I started reading The Silmarillion! :legend::hug:

Edit: Omg that video above me is ****ing hysterical :lmao: Soooo accurate!

:legend: What is your first opinion about it?

Didymus

:legend: What is your first opinion about it?

Well, I just finished the opening letter of Tolkien that sort of summarizes the entire tale of the First and Second Ages and oh my god, I am so impressed, it's like reading a history book :udidnt: The stories are so.. recognizable because they are so universal, which was of course Tolkien's intent :flutter:

Definitely convinced and excited to read the rest :excited2:

VforVendetta

Well, I just finished the opening letter of Tolkien that sort of summarizes the entire tale of the First and Second Ages and oh my god, I am so impressed, it's like reading a history book :udidnt: The stories are so.. recognizable because they are so universal, which was of course Tolkien's intent :flutter:

Definitely convinced and excited to read the rest :excited2:

:applause: So you are about to read Ainulindalë? You will find it very interesting. If you want to keep some good advices:

1. Don't worry if you don't rememebr all names, it's impossible to remember them with only one reading of thr book

2. Don't be bored to read the map with every chance.

3. In the end of th ebooks there are many genealogical trees. The one about the races of the elves will be very useful to you when the book describes the big journey of the elves and their races.

4. Wattch fan art, like the one I've posted here about the parts of the book you have readen. The whole book creates to your mind constantly images that are very interesting to watch.

Good reading! :)

Didymus

Omg it was epic. Absolutely epic. And I recognized so many elements from other creation myths :udidnt: Astounding. I think I'm gonna love this more than the other books :giveup: Can't wait to read the rest.

VforVendetta

Omg it was epic. Absolutely epic. And I recognized so many elements from other creation myths :udidnt: Astounding. I think I'm gonna love this more than the other books :giveup: Can't wait to read the rest.

It is amazing. :emo: Till what part have you readen?

Didymus

It is amazing. :emo: Till what part have you readen?

Now I read until the Maiar are spoken of :yes: I thought that was a good place to rest for a second :spin:

VforVendetta

Now I read until the Maiar are spoken of :yes: I thought that was a good place to rest for a second :spin:

I am also getting hyped. :excited2:

:emma:

VforVendetta

How is reading going?

Didymus

How is reading going?

Fantastic, though I haven't gone much further. I started a--lyzing the beginning of the creation story again and I'm even writing a separate "essay" (kinda, much more chaotic and random than that) about the key elements and the similarities with other views on divinity and creation. It's sort of crazy, really, but I really feel like I can get some important stuff out of a--lyzing every single sentence.

Again, thank you so much for suggesting it :runhug:

VforVendetta

Fantastic, though I haven't gone much further. I started a--lyzing the beginning of the creation story again and I'm even writing a separate "essay" (kinda, much more chaotic and random than that) about the key elements and the similarities with other views on divinity and creation. It's sort of crazy, really, but I really feel like I can get some important stuff out of a--lyzing every single sentence.

Again, thank you so much for suggesting it :runhug:

OMG, you really liked it! :laughga:

I'm very happy for you. :hug:

Titzlol

I've actually never seen the Hobbit, or Lord of the Rings, or anything else in the OP :rip: Kinda feel like im missing out on something

VforVendetta

I've actually never seen the Hobbit, or Lord of the Rings, or anything else in the OP :rip: Kinda feel like im missing out on something

Your missing out a lot :p. If you are interested and you want to start from somewhere then feel free to quote me and ask me, I can give you a useful guidance from where to begin. :yes:

Archived