💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The World of Middle Earth

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

It is not really cleared out how exactly the ring was cut from Saurons hand, prbably during combat.

As for the ring of power no sauron was very clever to put his strenth on an item that he could wear and so he would not lose it. One of the 12 books of The History Of Middle earth is called Morgoth's ring fo power. In that book is clarified that the vessel that Melkor put his power was Arda, the world so he was losing his power without having the ability to claim it back. Sauron learned from his master's mistake and so he put his power in a vessel that would sustain it all and actually even increase it, the ring of power. Of course the ring was cut from his hand eventually but even in that occasion the ring with his power was still excisting and so even then his power was not lost. Anyway Sauron , even if he was very fierce in combat he would always fight himself as a last option (like Morgoth) because his greatest power of all was to affect the wills of others and deceive everyone under his own will. He destroed Akallabeth (Numenor) without even using any magical powers.The difference between Melkor and Sauron is that while Sauron wanted to rule the will and creatures in Arda, Melkor wanted to create Arda under his own vision. This why he spend all his power on breeding creatured like Dragons, twisting powerful spirits liek the Balrogs and even creating Mountains like the Thangorodrim.

This is one of my favorite dialogues. It's between Morgoth and Hurin when he captured his and brought him to Angband:

This dialogue is from the Unfinished Tales.

Thank you for the explanation, and wow that passage was a great read. Loved it, wish we could get a movie featuring Morgoth. Having a body-less villain was something different but also a bit underwhelming, although it did show how the Dark Lord is not one of physical strength but a Deceiver and master manipulator. Morgoth was always quick to anger and to fight, and more physical than his servant. It would be great to see him in live action. (I always gravitate towards the villains in stories they're such great characters with a lot of power but always with some fatal flaws).

Fan ART and not only:

Ungoliant tries to obtain the Silmarillis drom Morgoth:

Ungoliant_and_Melkor_by_rubendevela.jpg

Morgoth vs Fingolfin:

Fingolfin_and_Morgoth.jpg

Ulmo rises from the Sea to counsil Tuor:

John_Howe_Ulmo_detail.JPG

The CIty Of Gondolin:

Gondolin.jpg

The fall of Gondolin:

The-Fall-of-Gondolin.jpg

Sauron The Deceiver ( Gorthaur the Cruel):

Sauron_the_Deceiver_by_Skullbastard.jpgsauron_gorthaur_by_gerwell-d6ho6w9.jpg

The Ungolianth VS Morgoth pic :giveup: I need to watch something like this with such a huge monster not Shelob-sized.

Please, post more fanart, Middle Earth art is just breathtaking. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Thank you for the explanation, and wow that passage was a great read. Loved it, wish we could get a movie featuring Morgoth. Having a body-less villain was something different but also a bit underwhelming, although it did show how the Dark Lord is not one of physical strength but a Deceiver and master manipulator. Morgoth was always quick to anger and to fight, and more physical than his servant. It would be great to see him in live action. (I always gravitate towards the villains in stories they're such great characters with a lot of power but always with some fatal flaws).

The Ungolianth VS Morgoth pic :giveup: I need to watch something like this with such a huge monster not Shelob-sized.

I will sooner or later today, just wait till I go to my pc, I'm from mobile now. :hug:

VforVendetta

More fan art:

Aule about to destroy his new-born creations, the fathers of dwarfs:

TN-Aule_the_Destroyer.jpg

Morgoth binds and curses Hurin in a peak of Thangorodrim:

TN-Morgoth_Punishes_Hurin.jpg

Glaurung, The Great worm, father of Dragons:

Glaurung.jpgLord_of_the_rings_glaurung_by_vaejoun-d7

Gothmog, Captain of the Balrogs:

Ectheliongothmog.jpg

Ancalagon The Black in the volcanic peaks of Thangorodrim faces Eärendil:

Dragon_of_the_First_Age_by_rubendevela.j

The Slaying of Glaurung by Turin Turabmar:

glaurung-howe.jpg

Those are just totally my style, omg :flutter:*sighs* Such wonder in this mythology, it's incredible. Sometimes it's a little bit too much, like you're deciding to read the history of an entire civilization. Which is what makes it so genius.

More Fan art :)

I'm utterly slayed :nooo:

The dragons, Morgoth, I can't :giveup:

There are many talented artists depicting scenes and representations from events that happened in Arda and particularly Middle Earth. I'm particularly loving the gigantism displayed in these fan arts. It truly shows the power these beings held. The First Age would be a marvel to see on the silver screen.

What do you think about the LOTR Trilogy and The Hobbit Trilogy?

VforVendetta

I'm utterly slayed :nooo:

The dragons, Morgoth, I can't :giveup:

There are many talented artists depicting scenes and representations from events that happened in Arda and particularly Middle Earth. I'm particularly loving the gigantism displayed in these fan arts. It truly shows the power these beings held. The First Age would be a marvel to see on the silver screen.

What do you think about the LOTR Trilogy and The Hobbit Trilogy?

I love then of course. I am not fan art of them because we have the movies and many other versions of them. Smaug was. :legend: I am very pleased with The Hobbit trilogy also, it is a worthy processor to TLOTR. Peter Jackson is amazing and her real respect and understanding of what he is doing. I'd love so much for him to direct also the ATLA movies. :giveup: So much potential are lost :giveup:

I love then of course. I am not fan art of them because we have the movies and many other versions of them. Smaug was. :legend: I am very pleased with The Hobbit trilogy also, it is a worthy processor to TLOTR. Peter Jackson is amazing and her real respect and understanding of what he is doing. I'd love so much for him to direct also the ATLA movies. :giveup: So much potential are lost :giveup:

I love them too, I have most of the LOTR lines memorised by heart. Since we've gotten a 55inch tv at home I've yet to rewatch them in glorious HD but I feel the time for that is nearing :whitney: and yes, Jackson and the whole team respect Tolkien's work a lot. I remember watching the extra features on the extended special editions and all the intricate details that went into making the trilogy :giveup: truly amazing stuff.

What's ATLA?

VforVendetta

I love them too, I have most of the LOTR lines memorised by heart. Since we've gotten a 55inch tv at home I've yet to rewatch them in glorious HD but I feel the time for that is nearing :whitney: and yes, Jackson and the whole team respect Tolkien's work a lot. I remember watching the extra features on the extended special editions and all the intricate details that went into making the trilogy :giveup: truly amazing stuff.

What's ATLA?

http://gagadaily.com/index.php?/topic/75078-avatar-the-last-airbender-official-threadpollupdated/?fromsearch=1

Ill make a good full thread of ATLA one of these days...

VforVendetta

i saw the movie :toofunny: :megaflop: :rip: I like flashy stuff but even the wonderful effects couldn't stop me from realising how bad it was. It really sucked.

It sucked big time. If you have seen the anime that is a masterpiece and then you see the movie you wanna cry. :emo:(the anime has 9.1 in IMDB and has won an Emmy) The special effects are also very bad.

VforVendetta

Middle earth from 1st to 3rd age. The blue parts are the region of Beleriant that was destroyed and sank into the sea with the War Of Wrath and the fall of Angband.

Beleriand_and_Westlands.jpg

VforVendetta

Hands down best thread on this forum!! YES!!

Tell them. :MANiCURE:

Arda.png

Above is a map of Arda (Earth)

And below is a map of the undying lands and middle earth. The levels should have crossed from the icy plains instead of ships in the third age :emma:

A_Map_of_Middle-earth_and_the_Undying_La

Makes me wonder how much more stories could have been created with all that entire planet planned out :giveup:

VforVendetta

Arda.png

Above is a map of Arda (Earth)

And below is a map of the undying lands and middle earth. The levels should have crossed from the icy plains instead of ships in the third age :emma:

A_Map_of_Middle-earth_and_the_Undying_La

Makes me wonder how much more stories could have been created with all that entire planet planned out :giveup:

The icy places are very difficult to cross. The people of Finarfin followed this path after the rebelion against the Valar because Feanor burned the ships and left them behind. Half of them died there. It is the same path that Melkor and Ungoliant followed after they stole the Silmarilis til they reached Angband and Ungoliant tried to take them.

The icy places are very difficult to cross. The people of Finarfin followed this path after the rebelion against the Valar because Feanor burned the ships and left them behind. Half of them died there. It is the same path that Melkor and Ungoliant followed after they stole the Silmarilis til they reached Angband and Ungoliant tried to take them.

Ah yes, I remember I did manage to reach that part of the silmarillion. You know before I read (part of) the silmarillion I thought that when the elves were leaving and Frodo too, I thought they were going to their death not just going to another continent :rip: because they made their leaving so sad.

Archived