💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Official WWE/ Wrestling Thread

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

34bbf762319412d2c8a0759fa7417adc.png

This is the Official Wrestling discussion thread! Feel free to discuss all things wrestling from WWE, ROH, NJPW, TNA, Lucha Underground, and all others! 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lion Heart

How awesome was this match though? 

Love you, King, for doing this thread. And no wonder I really like you. It seems we share a lot of interests! I'm a proud member of the WWE Universe ever since the post-Attitude era (circa 2003). 

Anyway, with WrestleMania XXX just around the corner, it'd be very interesting on whether WWE will put Daniel Bryan into the main event and make the World Heavyweight Championship match as a triple threat with Randy Orton and Batista, both of which are considered full-fledged heels (and real-life friends / proteges of Triple H). How awkward and disastrous it'd be if they're still pushing for a heel vs. heel main event in their biggest PPV of the year, not to mention the 30th anniversary of the show that started it all for Vince McMahon. The boos from the 80,000 crowd in SuperDome, New Orleans will be deafening, if ever. And if they still go on that route, the more backstage backlash Triple H will get. Not promising for the future co-owner of the WWE along with Stephanie, once Vince retires for good. 

Here's my prediction for the WM 30 card (along with the confirmed matches so far):

-The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family (The Wyatts win, the Shield finally breaks up with Reigns as a face)

-Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar (UT wins, obviously. If there's someone who needs to break the streak, it should be a newcomer or someone like John Cena)

-AJ Lee vs. Natalya (AJ retains the Divas championship due to an interference)

-Cesaro vs. Swagger (Cesaro wins due to the expected push he's going to receive this year)

-Rhodes Brothers vs. Usos (I'd go with the Rhodes)

-John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (Hopefully, it's Bray. It's time for Cena to let others shine.)

-Batista vs. Orton (w/ the Authority) vs. Daniel Bryan (Bryan wins against all odds and WWE would have 80K people screaming "YES" all over the SuperDome)

And, King, what are your thoughts on the CM Punk situation? Some call him brave for doing that as a slap in the face against upper management's blatant refusal to push guys like Daniel Bryan. Others call him unprofessional for leaving the company just like that, and more so during the all-important WrestleMania season (and the launch of the WWE Network).  

Jase

They're clearly going with Hunter/Bryan @ WM XXX, but they'll add a stipulation

If Hunter wins, Bryan is forced to retire

If Bryan wins, he finally gets his title shot/is added to the Orton/Boretista match

Lion Heart

Love you, King, for doing this thread. And no wonder I really like you. It seems we share a lot of interests! I'm a proud member of the WWE Universe ever since the post-Attitude era (circa 2003). 

OMG Mills you're a WWE fan too!? :nooo:

OMG YOU TOO JASE :nooo:

I'll start with the CM Punk situation: 

Honestly, when he quit I was angry at him because it seems to me this guy has some ego that he needs to check out, but now I'm over it and am pumped for WM 30. Let's look at the facts: he's won pretty much every title the WWE has to offer (except the US title), he won MITB not once, but TWICE, he held the WWE title for 400+ days, he had matches against The Rock, AND he had a match with Undertaker at WM! What else does he want you know? Some hardcore WWE fans are saying he left because he was going to have a match with Triple H at Mania (and probably lose too) and Punk decided to walk out. Others say it had something to do with Daniel Bryan not being in the main event, but honestly how many guys in the WWE get to accomplish what he got to accomplish? I'm not saying he doesn't deserve his success because he does, but really though what he did was completely distasteful, unprofessional, and agh.

As for the WrestleMania XXX Card, these are my Predictions: 

1. Cesaro vs. Swagger: Yea I definitely agree with you on this one. Based on how popular he is with the fans, I won't be surprised if he becomes a face and goes on to win the Intercontinental Title eventually. Actually now that I think about it, it will probably end up being Cesaro vs. Swagger vs. Big E. for the Intercontinental Championship with Cesaro pinning Swagger and fueling a rivalry. 

2. Christian vs. Sheamus: I guess this will turn into some NO DQ Match with Sheamus winning just because. I heard Vince McMahon really hates Christian for some reason. Also at the end of the match I have a feeling this Alexander Russef guy is gonna attack the winner of the match and pretty much make a name for himself right there. 

3. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose: for the US Championship. I'm guessing this is where The Shield splits and idk who ends up as US Champion.

4. Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena: This is such a high profile match for Bray Wyatt that even if he loses, he pretty much gets put over. Really looking forward to this match. 

5. The Usos vs. New Age Outlaws: I know they already won the titles and are currently the champions, but The Usos really deserve to have their Wrestlemania moment after waiting for so long to win these belts. This will probably be a Dark Match though.

6. Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust: Brother vs. Brother match. Goldust is in the best shape of his life right now. IDK but I have a feeling these two will be involved at Mania one way or another.

7. Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker: Taker wins obviously. This is another match I'm really looking forward to. 

8. AJ Lee vs. Natalya or Brie Bella: Honestly we are looong over due for a good Divas Match at Mania because honestly the last couple of ones have been pathetic. I will see AJ lose the title. But I have a feeling Brie Bella will win the title because she's the poster girl of the WWE Divas show. 

9. Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan: If Bryan wins, he gets to compete for the WWE Championship

10. Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan: The WWE title match as of right now is such a disaster that Bryan has to be added no matter what. Bryan must win and the WWE cannot have any stuff up their sleeves. The fans will be beyond pissed if DB doesn't win. 

Jase

I could watch the Wyatts and the Shield compete in 6 man tags every f'n day. The match they had the Elimination Chamber was ****ing incredible and it reminded me of the Attitude Era days when guys like the Dudleyz, the Hardeys, Edge & Christian, etc, used to bust their ass on PPV's.

With what happened on Raw with the Shield, I'm expecting all three of them to compete in a triple threat match for the US title @ Mania.

I can see Harper and Rowen being thrown in some big multi tag team title match with some other teams to get them on the show.

Ya know who I'm currently really impressed with? Cesaro. What an absolute star he's been over the past few weeks.

Jase
8. AJ Lee vs. Natalya or Brie Bella: Honestly we are looong over due for a good Divas Match at Mania because honestly the last couple of ones have been pathetic. I will see AJ lose the title. But I have a feeling Brie Bella will win the title because she's the poster girl of the WWE Divas show.

I was SUCH a huge Divas division stan back in the Attitude era. The best women's program of all time, hands down, is the Trish Stratus/Mickie James lesbian stalker storyline, which lead to that fantastic match they had at WrestleMania 22.

Mickie-James-vs-Trish-Stratus-%E2%80%93-

mickie2zs.jpg

:giggle:

Jase

And King, I SO wish I shared your excitement for this years Mania, but I just don't :ohno:

I won't comment on the two main matches (Orton/Batista and Hunter/Bryan) until we know for sure that they're going to be somehow connected.

That undercard, though :ohno:

Wyatt/Cena just doesn't feel like a WM match to me and they haven't sold me AT all with what they've been doing on Raw. The Cena injury angle and the lame promos have just bored me.

The tag title division is a mess. The New Age Outlaws, really? Are we back in 1999? I love The Usos, and I LOVED Goldust and Cody together but I just can't with how much momentum they've lost recently.

The Divas division is a joke.

The thought of another boring Christian/Sheamus match almost has me in tears :smh:

Taker/Lesnar will be f'n amazing, obviously.

The probable card we have is just really tame for a WM imo :ohno:

Lion Heart

I could watch the Wyatts and the Shield compete in 6 man tags every f'n day. The match they had the Elimination Chamber was ****ing incredible and it reminded me of the Attitude Era days when guys like the Dudleyz, the Hardeys, Edge & Christian, etc, used to bust their ass on PPV's.

With what happened on Raw with the Shield, I'm expecting all three of them to compete in a triple threat match for the US title @ Mania.

I can see Harper and Rowen being thrown in some big multi tag team title match with some other teams to get them on the show.

Ya know who I'm currently really impressed with? Cesaro. What an absolute star he's been over the past few weeks.

AGREED! All of these guys are promising stars. I can see Wyatt, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose becoming huge stars, with Seth Rollins becoming a prominent Mid Carder. 

And I would LOVE if the three compete for the US Title at Mania. I'm gonna edit my post above in a moment because this is what will most likely happen. 

I don't expect Harper and Rowen going after the titles right now- they will most likely accompany Bray in his match against Cena. 

On another random note:

It's so strange how The Miz was on the Main Event of Wrestlemania 27 as the WWE Champion and beating John Cena, and two years later he's on a DARK MATCH. :deadbanana: 

I was SUCH a huge Divas division stan back in the Attitude era. The best women's program of all time, hands down, is the Trish Stratus/Mickie James lesbian stalker storyline, which lead to that fantastic match they had at WrestleMania 22.

:giggle:

YES! That match was Phenomenal! 

It's kinda sad how the WWE writers no longer put that much on an emphasis on the Divas division (as far as establishing actual rivalries is concerned). Not too long ago we had McCool and Mickie involved in the "Piggy James" nonsense, Santino winning the 25 Diva Battle Royal, and the random title defenses. Although I did like the matches Katelyn and AJ had for the Divas Championship.

Also what are your thoughts on Emma (the new Diva)? I can see her Hand thingy catching on based on the crowd here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAp-_FTJzu0

Hopefully Paige gets called up soon.

Lascivious

I HATE SEEING NAOMI PUSHED, THANK GOD SHE IS INJURED. She is such a generic Diva to me. With her generic Eve Torres dropkicks, her flop ass shaking and ass moves, the "Rear-View," her stupid moves and colorful cheerleading outfits... NO TY.

PAIGE NEEDS TO COME IN AND FEUD AJ AND TAKE THE TITLE OFF OF HER!

Then have a CRAZY, WILD Summer Rae VS Paige feud.

It'd be a dream come true if somehow and someway for Mickie James, now that she's in good terms with the WWE, to be involved in some feud with AJ Lee. The original crazy chick vs. the PG version. And speaking of divas, YAY for Lita to be inducted in this year's HOF. She's among the only two divas I know who's over among the fans both as a heel and as a face. The other's Trish Stratus (the Trish vs. Lita feud is like The Rock vs. Stone Cold for me). 

If CM Punk really does severe his ties with WWE (heard though that VKM is still courting him to return despite HHH's hurt ego), then yeah, AJ Lee might suffer too. And it's a shame. Her character's the most interesting in the divas division since Beth Phoenix. 

And agreed with Jase, the probable card so far is underwhelming for the 30th anniversary of WM - despite the returns of Hulk Hogan and Batista (his comeback was a flop. I'm sure the WWE didn't expect a rather bad reception, considering he's once billed as an equal to Cena back in 2005-2010). I guess it just shows that in that time span WWE has failed to make huge stars other than Cena, Batista, Orton, Edge (mid-2000's) and later on Punk (2011) and now Bryan. HHH playing favourites doesn't help either. 

Jase

AGREED! All of these guys are promising stars. I can see Wyatt, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose becoming huge stars, with Seth Rollins becoming a prominent Mid Carder. 

And I would LOVE if the three compete for the US Title at Mania. I'm gonna edit my post above in a moment because this is what will most likely happen. 

I don't expect Harper and Rowen going after the titles right now- they will most likely accompany Bray in his match against Cena. 

On another random note:

It's so strange how The Miz was on the Main Event of Wrestlemania 27 as the WWE Champion and beating John Cena, and two years later he's on a DARK MATCH. :deadbanana:

YES! That match was Phenomenal! 

It's kinda sad how the WWE writers no longer put that much on an emphasis on the Divas division (as far as establishing actual rivalries is concerned). Not too long ago we had McCool and Mickie involved in the "Piggy James" nonsense, Santino winning the 25 Diva Battle Royal, and the random title defenses. Although I did like the matches Katelyn and AJ had for the Divas Championship.

Also what are your thoughts on Emma (the new Diva)? I can see her Hand thingy catching on based on the crowd here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAp-_FTJzu0

Hopefully Paige gets called up soon.

I was a huge Miz fan back in the day but now it PAINS me to see him on my TV. Him, along with Del Rio, just scream jobber and it pisses me off :deadbanana:

The Piggy James BS genuinely infuriated me and I remember reading about how that delightful storyline was Vince's baby. He's one of those guys who obviously thinks a woman is fat if they aren't a size zero.

Emma amuses me :dies: Idk if the hand thing will catch on. She's had a couple of Raw appearances where the fans looked utterly confused as to who she even was, so maybe it just needs more time.

Yeah. Same here. Roman Reigns as a top face like the Rock and then Dean Ambrose / Wyatt as top heels like HHH in the near future are surely what's "best for business" and best for the WWE in the long run. I'm seriously hoping that this year's Mania would be like WM 21 when WWE basically passed the torch on to the newbies. It's time for a new era when the likes of Cena and Orton are no longer the top priority all the time. 

Jase

It'd be a dream come true if somehow and someway for Mickie James, now that she's in good terms with the WWE, to be involved in some feud with AJ Lee. The original crazy chick vs. the PG version. And speaking of divas, YAY for Lita to be inducted in this year's HOF. She's among the only two divas I know who's over among the fans both as a heel and as a face. The other's Trish Stratus (the Trish vs. Lita feud is like The Rock vs. Stone Cold for me). 

If CM Punk really does severe his ties with WWE (heard though that VKM is still courting him to return despite HHH's hurt ego), then yeah, AJ Lee might suffer too. And it's a shame. Her character's the most interesting in the divas division since Beth Phoenix. 

And agreed with Jase, the probable card so far is underwhelming for the 30th anniversary of WM - despite the returns of Hulk Hogan and Batista (his comeback was a flop. I'm sure the WWE didn't expect a rather bad reception, considering he's once billed as an equal to Cena back in 2005-2010). I guess it just shows that in that time span WWE has failed to make huge stars other than Cena, Batista, Orton, Edge (mid-2000's) and later on Punk (2011) and now Bryan. HHH playing favourites doesn't help either. 

I absolutely adored Lita. What a f'n star she was back in the day. Her place in the HOF is MORE than deserved.

Have any of you guys ordered the WWE Network yet? You can watch the HOF live if you have. We don't get it until the end of this year/beginning of 2015 :smh:

Yeah. Same here. Roman Reigns as a top face like the Rock and then Dean Ambrose / Wyatt as top heels like HHH in the near future are surely what's "best for business" and best for the WWE in the long run. I'm seriously hoping that this year's Mania would be like WM 21 when WWE basically passed the torch on to the newbies. It's time for a new era when the likes of Cena and Orton are no longer the top priority all the time. 

inb4 Cena squashes Wyatt and Boretista wins the title :toofunny: :toofunny:

Lion Heart

And King, I SO wish I shared your excitement for this years Mania, but I just don't :ohno:

I won't comment on the two main matches (Orton/Batista and Hunter/Bryan) until we know for sure that they're going to be somehow connected.

That undercard, though :ohno:

Wyatt/Cena just doesn't feel like a WM match to me and they haven't sold me AT all with what they've been doing on Raw. The Cena injury angle and the lame promos have just bored me.

The tag title division is a mess. The New Age Outlaws, really? Are we back in 1999? I love The Usos, and I LOVED Goldust and Cody together but I just can't with how much momentum they've lost recently.

The Divas division is a joke.

The thought of another boring Christian/Sheamus match almost has me in tears :smh:

Taker/Lesnar will be f'n amazing, obviously.

The probable card we have is just really tame for a WM imo :ohno:

Hmmm.. IDK- I really haven't payed much attention to the last two-three Wrestlemanias (this is the first time in a while that I'm watching things develop) so that's prob. why I'm a bit excited. 

With the ridiculous (and understandable) negative reaction Batista is getting, the WWE  has to fix the WWE title match. Two heels facing each other for the WWE title? :deadbanana: Now the Heel vs heel concept worked for The Wyatts and The Shield because these two groups have become such prominent members in the WWE and the fans really like them. They're so intriguing and unique and they put on spectacular matches. Now Orton and Batista? Some folks like myself are sick and tired of Orton, and others never wanted Batista in the title picture, and others just don't like them either way. IDK wtf Vince was smoking when deciding that B. should go after the title. 

Sheamus and Christian (if they have a match) will put a decent No DQ match. 

I'm an Antonio Cesaro fan so the prospect of him being in a title match excites me, but of course we'll have to wait and see. And even if he doesn't get in a title match, it'll be great to see his career take off after this.

I'm also a big Bray Wyatt fan so I'm always looking forward to his matches. It will be interesting to see if he beats John Cena- and I think he will considering that he's being pushed and pushed, and he needs to establish himself as one of the top heels currently in the WWE and a match against Cena will do just that. 

AJ and Natalya can put on a good Divas match. Brie has improved a lot, but of course she doesn't hold a candle to Mickie, Trish, and most definitely not Naty.  

A couple of years ago, the Tag Team division was almost non-existent. You had one or two established teams and the rest where random pair ups (Big Show and Miz??), but now they really stepped up the plate. Now we have established Tag Teams and factions (sure some of them may break pretty soon) but nevertheless they have have made some much needed progress. 

Personally I don't need to see chairs, tables, ladders, and blood all over the place to enjoy a match- they're great and all, but I can enjoy some good, well-fought matches with a good build up to seal the deal. 

Archived