💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: October 15th + November 13th (Birmingham, UK)

Jase

Featured Posts

I was there last night and thought Gaga was fantastic! She has an incredible voice and performs with great energy as always. You could really feel the energy and it gave the place a great atmosphere. For me personally though, artRAVE didn't feel special. It felt rushed and given the concept of the show I think it has the potential to be so much better. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and there were some very rave worthy moments with really cool lighting effects. Also loved the nod to the classics and her little pep talks, but for me personally her best will always be The Monster Ball. Not only was that the first time I saw her, but it was also my first ever concert. It raised the bar pretty high, but that bar has been equaled and even raised after seeing the likes of Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and Jay Z & Kanye.

Overall verdict: 6.9/10

Fabulous vocals, great dancing, fantastic atmosphere, interesting stage and generally a good set list.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got some really good photos. I recorded Bang Bang, MJH, Sex Dreams, You and I. I was really dumb and forgot my mic. on my camera was turned on. FURTHER to my previous posts.. they allowed my DSLR in so it is amazing quality. Thought she was amazing! Best night ever.

SEE BELOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OYyUse4Vc

Why is embedding so difficult?

Glamourpuss

I recorded Bang Bang from my seats. I'll upload and share this week. She was incredible last night. This concert was better than I expected. I am still reliving it in my head.

people seem to have been at a different show to me...the NIA felt like an atmosphere void where I was...Gaqa tried but if the crowd won;t get up and dance to the hits then there is no hope for anything else...it;s a shame she chopped Swine, Aura and MJH but played stuff like Donatella in full. As with the albums sometimes less is more...

Lady Starlight was awful on a scale previously only seen with Depeche Mode support acts (which are routinely ear bleedingly bad)... what felt like hours of mind numbing drum machines and sci-fi TV sound effects

I liked the staging and effects for the show, in keeping with the overall theme and the voice is still strong, just don;t think it;s a good venue for her.

I think it depends if you have a seat or are in GA/standing. The atmosphere is much different. I have now been to 12 artraves, and the atmosphere in the seats can seem like it's not there, but on the floor, the atmosphere was there and everyone was having a good time and dancing.

Glad I got to see You & I and Bang Bang since I hadn't seen them at any previous artraves....and MJH is back so the show now runs almost 2hrs - although the letter she read out before BTW was quite long, but then she didn't read any out after Aura. I still really enjoyed myself even though it was my 12th show.

Gypsy Hooker

I'll be there! Look out for me on the day, say you're from GGD if you recognise me, i'm happy to meet people and take pictures! I'll be wearing this (in the photo it's actually unfinished but you get the gist):

10410400_10205244989151040_5469658996644

I saw your leg prop when she pulled it onstage during Applause! I was like 'wait, I know that leg! :excited2: '

I saw your leg prop when she pulled it onstage during Applause! I was like 'wait, I know that leg! :excited2: '

haha yeah I saw too. I was like "hmm well I know where Marrythesequins" is standing then. haha Cool that she picked it up.

mariapaulareyes

It was nice meeting you all last night at the meet and greet! Please keep on posting. I'm still in shock so can't remember lot of things of what she said last night...

I'll be there! Look out for me on the day, say you're from GGD if you recognise me, i'm happy to meet people and take pictures! I'll be wearing this (in the photo it's actually unfinished but you get the gist): 

10410400_10205244989151040_5469658996644

You were stood near me. I thought a lot of the fans outfits looked goddamn awful last night, but I actually said to my friend "Oh wow, she looks good" when you walked in. And I was pleased for you when Gaga accepted your artificial limb bouquet.

MarryTheSequins

haha aw yay!

haha yeah I saw too. I was like "hmm well I know where Marrythesequins" is standing then. haha Cool that she picked it up.

yeah haha we camped too :flutter:

You were stood near me. I thought a lot of the fans outfits looked goddamn awful last night, but I actually said to my friend "Oh wow, she looks good" when you walked in. And I was pleased for you when Gaga accepted your artificial limb bouquet.

thank you! :giveup:

--

if anyone has any photos or videos (especially videos) of her with me leg please PLEASE send them my way!

I think it depends if you have a seat or are in GA/standing. The atmosphere is much different. I have now been to 12 artraves, and the atmosphere in the seats can seem like it's not there, but on the floor, the atmosphere was there and everyone was having a good time and dancing.

Glad I got to see You & I and Bang Bang since I hadn't seen them at any previous artraves....and MJH is back so the show now runs almost 2hrs - although the letter she read out before BTW was quite long, but then she didn't read any out after Aura. I still really enjoyed myself even though it was my 12th show.

I would never do seats in Birmingham- knowing very well what it can be like there- we were GA on the side opposite from the long cat walk, it just didn't feel like people there were getting it- didn't help that it felt like we were watching a video screen quite a bit..next show we'll go the other side

haha aw yay!

yeah haha we camped too :flutter:

thank you! :giveup:

--

if anyone has any photos or videos (especially videos) of her with me leg please PLEASE send them my way!

You camped? lol I turned up at 4:45pm and got a great spot. lol

I did try to get some pics of her with the leg coz I figured you would want some. Not sure yet how they turned out - haven't transferred them to my laptop coz this one is a dinosaur (I use it for travel - my newer one is at home).....

I would never do seats in Birmingham- knowing very well what it can be like there- we were GA on the side opposite from the long cat walk, it just didn't feel like people there were getting it- didn't help that it felt like we were watching a video screen quite a bit..next show we'll go the other side

opposite the long catwalk? So you were on the outside of the long catwalk, or closer to the platform where Starlight does her set? I was near that platform and I had a great time.The people around me got into it. :)

Archived