gxpHxuU.png Upcoming games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CNzwinqlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3dyanB3pk&list=UUA5SLTAVA6unn1M-6lbo1NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIc7L230bA&list=UUA5SLTAVA6unn1M-6lbo1NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHglml1790

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an avid player of FF XIV: A Realm Reborn on the Adamantoise server. If anyone is on that server let me know!

Final Fantasy is on the same level or greater than Gaga when it comes to my obsessions. Started playing in 1998 with FFVII and have been hooked since. I find 10 way overrated and 13 is definitely one of the worst... Although I like every single one of them :)

Final Fantasy is on the same level or greater than Gaga when it comes to my obsessions. Started playing in 1998 with FFVII and have been hooked since. I find 10 way overrated and 13 is definitely one of the worst... Although I like every single one of them :)

Final Fantasy X was the first of the series that I had played and beaten, so it's always going to hold a special place for me.

I'm with you in your hatred of Final Fantasy XIII, though. I'd probably hate it less if Square Enix didn't decide to run it into the ground with even more terrible sequels.

What's your opinion of Final Fantasy VIII? I bought it on PSN a while back because it's one of the ones I never got around to playing, only to discover that I hated everything about it. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. :fail:

so flippin excited for FFXV

Yeah, it looks like it's going to be a breath of fresh air.

...Especially this character. :hor:

hTICYov.jpg

I'm a fan of Final Fantasy vii to x, xiii wasn't that bad though. Not a fan of it's sequel.

Excited for FF XV but we've been waiting since like what 2006 or something?

zexion_armando

FFIX for life, ol.

Meh on FFXV. Unless they can truly knock it out of the park, its gonna be as bad as the hype for XIII.

THough, Toriyama should be tried as a war criminal for what he has ruined.

I'm a fan of Final Fantasy vii to x, xiii wasn't that bad though. Not a fan of it's sequel.

Excited for FF XV but we've been waiting since like what 2006 or something?

Yeah, Final Fantasy XV (Versus XIII) was being worked on at the same damn time of Final Fantasy XIII. :fail:

THough, Toriyama should be tried as a war criminal for what he has ruined.

Lightning is his waifu, he'll never give up on her :hor:

Final Fantasy X was the first of the series that I had played and beaten, so it's always going to hold a special place for me.

I'm with you in your hatred of Final Fantasy XIII, though. I'd probably hate it less if Square Enix didn't decide to run it into the ground with even more terrible sequels.

What's your opinion of Final Fantasy VIII? I bought it on PSN a while back because it's one of the ones I never got around to playing, only to discover that I hated everything about it. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. :fail:

People who play FFX first tend to like it most because they hadn't played the others. That's how FFVII was for me, so it is by far my favorite. And I don't hate FFXIII, but it's just lowest on my list of FF after #7.

I absolutely love #8. People who play the game for the first time in recent years can't expect to fall in love with the game. People nowadays are used to a different kind of gaming and better graphics, so it would be really hard to adjust to. Back in 1999 (actually I remember it being released on 9/9/99) it was probably the most beautiful game anyone had ever seen and it was really revolutionary. The story and characters are one of the best in the series IMO. Plus it had so much content, secret areas, side quests, tons of summons/spells/limit breaks and a sense of accomplishment that newer games seriously lack. It's a great game :)

zexion_armando

Yeah, Final Fantasy XV (Versus XIII) was being worked on at the same damn time of Final Fantasy XIII. :fail:

Lightning is his waifu, he'll never give up on her :hor:

His love pillow with Lightning has all but ruined that entire trilogy.

Nothing makes any damn sense, its as complicated and convoluted as possible (and thats coming from an X-men fan, lol.) the characters are all cardboard cutouts of nonsense. He even ruined Parasite Eve 3, lol. Everything he touches just dies.

People may hate Nomura, and sometimes its for good reason (while I find belts and buckles funny now a days lol, but his recent plot twists in KH have been just... meh. Time travel? no thanks), but at least he can plot out of  series without pulling out of the void of his ass.

I absolutely love #8. People who play the game for the first time in recent years can't expect to fall in love with the game. People nowadays are used to a different kind of gaming and better graphics, so it would be really hard to adjust to. Back in 1999 (actually I remember it being released on 9/9/99) it was probably the most beautiful game anyone had ever seen and it was really revolutionary. The story and characters are one of the best in the series IMO. Plus it had so much content, secret areas, side quests, tons of summons/spells/limit breaks and a sense of accomplishment that newer games seriously lack. It's a great game :)

I think I may revisit FF8 some time to determine whether or not I gave it a fair shake. I didn't appreciate the fact that you could exploit the battle system so hard making the whole thing almost pointless. That's a huge chunk of any Final Fantasy game. Then there's the whole "draw" system which was tedious and annoying to me.

His love pillow with Lightning has all but ruined that entire trilogy.

Nothing makes any damn sense, its as complicated and convoluted as possible (and thats coming from an X-men fan, lol.) the characters are all cardboard cutouts of nonsense. He even ruined Parasite Eve 3, lol. Everything he touches just dies.

People may hate Nomura, and sometimes its for good reason (while I find belts and buckles funny now a days lol, but his recent plot twists in KH have been just... meh. Time travel? no thanks), but at least he can plot out of  series without pulling out of the void of his ass.

I think Tetsuya Nomura is over worked at this point. He puts out quality games but they're too few and far between.

I think I may revisit FF8 some time to determine whether or not I gave it a fair shake. I didn't appreciate the fact that you could exploit the battle system so hard making the whole thing almost pointless. That's a huge chunk of any Final Fantasy game. Then there's the whole "draw" system which was tedious and annoying to me.

I never had any issues with the battle system :shrug: It was a challenge for some people and I guess that's why a lot didn't like it. I just remember stocking up on spells as early as possible so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

AedOPIA.jpg

What the hell did they do to Tidus's face in the remake?

You'd think they'd put in a little extra effort into the most pivotal characters. :fail:

So not getting the remake of FFX/FFX-2 if they making the characters look horrible. They look good in the game art that isn't screenshots... but they made everyone look like... horrendous children of anime and real people. While I do enjoy semi-realistic anime... what they have done FFX is just... not good. They made Lulu look less Lululy.

I think Square Enix has been horrible with the main series since FFXII. However, I consider XII better than XIII.

Though I still think VII is one of the most overrated games ever, Anything is better than XIII. XIII was just a playable movie, and although, introduced more gay characters to Square Enix's cast, it was rather easy (though I had a strategy guide, really the entirety of FFXIII probably wouldn't have been that much harder without it) and had barely any elements of previous Final Fantasies.

I do like it when square takes on side projects, or focuses on the side series (Though, I'm not expecting any more star Ocean games or DragonQuests). I would adore to see another game like Nier.

but yeah, square has to really hit it out of the park with Final fantasy XV, or they may actually be forced to pull out the trumph card of remaking VII. That itself will only keep them afloat for so long as well. Especially if it horridly remade as the FFX/FFX-2 seems to be.

I'm sad that they ruined the FFX/FFX-2 remake with ruining the character models. They were good as they were. Though very hard to believe Tidus was 16/18 (I can't remember which was his actual age). AND IT WAS COMING WITH SO MUCH CRAP NOT RELEASED IN THE US.

snip

I thought maybe it was my nostalgia for the game clouding my judgment, but it seems to be unanimous across the internet that the new character models aren't that great. :(

FFXSoul91

The only character model that looks odd is Tidus, to be honest. Every other model looks amazing, especially Lulu.

Archived