💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

RuPaul's Drag Race

Travis

Featured Posts

That snatch game was tight as hell. Bianca, Adore, and Bianca were all REALLY GOOD. It was pretty tough to call but both Adore and Bianca fell a bit short with the runway look whilst DeLa's was praised so I get why she won. Adore's snatch game performance was the winner for me tho. Now let's see all these ignorant haters try to come for her saying that she needs to go home because she's a fuq-up.

Milk's runway look tho. Good lord, I'm so sick of this "I'm staying true to myself" bs.

Second episode: a damn beard

Third episode: Pinocchio nose

Fourth episode: Pregnant

Fifth episode: Bald-headed ass out-of-drag RuPaul

Sometimes, I think that she's trying too hard to be unconventional. It's your style, it's your aesthetic... WE FUQING GET IT. What we want is VERSATILITY. Did she not learn anything from Alaska last season ending up in the bottom 4 because she dressed up as a boy in a DRAG COMPETITION? Srsly...

The song used in the lip sync... Ugh, disappointed with the song Laganja and Gia had to lip sync to. I was really hoping for something dance-y because I know they're going to turn it.

Completely agree with your last point. If it was a better song Ganja would have TURNED it like I know she can.

tumblr_m3echozgJn1qbzu93o1_500.jpg

Sharon did it better, but I still really enjoy having Milk's style of drag on the show. I really get her Fanny Brice I-stuffed-a-pillow-in-my-dress-so-people-laugh-with-me-and-not-at-me thing

RuPaul started her career with gender-**** drag, and has a drag queen with a beard do her makeup before every show…so I really don't understand where all this nonsense about drag queens not being allowed to wear pants comes from. Shouldn't a drag show be a sanctuary for rule breakers? 

Ugh why why why did Sharon have to darken her skin to portray a black person?  :noparty:

Milk just doesn't seem to have the creative intelligence to match her nerve. We're gonna see amazing things from her in the future but there's some maturing needed if she wants to win the crown. Kinda disappointing because the b---h can paint and sew.

SKANK

Ugh why why why did Sharon have to darken her skin to portray a black person?  :noparty:

Milk just doesn't seem to have the creative intelligence to match her nerve. We're gonna see amazing things from her in the future but there's some maturing needed if she wants to win the crown. Kinda disappointing because the b---h can paint and sew.

You answered your own question. Sharon darkened her skin because her naturally ghostly white complection wouldn't have made sense for the look. Not everything is an act of racism. 

KrisFromMars

You answered your own question. Sharon darkened her skin because her naturally ghostly white complection wouldn't have made sense for the look. Not everything is an act of racism.

The look would not have worked. Ru is African American. Not Caucasian

Milk conveyed Ru just fine with pale skin. Maybe I'm going politically correct crazy, but I'm pretty sure black face is unacceptable in any form.

SKANK

Milk conveyed Ru just fine with pale skin. Maybe I'm going politically correct crazy, but I'm pretty sure black face is unacceptable in any form.

This isn't really black face though, at least not in it's classical form. It's not the kind of black face that was intentionally vulgar and insulting to African Americans. This was just Sharon using darker makeup, it wasn't meant as a racial statement…so I don't think anyone should be offended by it. But, you of course have the right to choose what offends you. 

Edited by SKANK

This isn't really black face though, at least not in it's classical form. It's not the kind of black face that was intentionally vulgar and insulting to African Americans. This was just Sharon using darker makeup, it wasn't meant as a racial statement…so I don't think anyone should be offended by it. But, you of course have the right to choose what offends you. 

idk man given the history of black face, I would just stay away from anything that resembles it, even if it's not pitch black. I think it wasn't an appropriate choice, is all.

JanPianoMusic

idk man given the history of black face, I would just stay away from anything that resembles it, even if it's not pitch black. I think it wasn't an appropriate choice, is all.

I agree with you. The bald head, big glasses and flashy suit already proved it was RuPaul. It would also have worked if she had used normal foundation. 

You will never please everyone.

SKANK

Given the history of black face, this is not black face. Black face was used in minstrel shows to degrade African Americans. This is just an example of Sharon darkening her skin to play the character of RuPaul, if you are offend by this it is likely because you spend to much time on tumblr. 

Being upset at Sharon for darkening her skin to portray RuPaul is like being upset that Michael Douglas minced in Behind The Candelabra. Michael Douglas was not being offensive like the famous gay archetype of early film known as The Sissy, and Sharon was not doing black face. 

But hey, I collect negrobilia and offensive mid-century modern Asian lamps, so I'm probably a horrible, racist, anti-Christ. So just take it from Mama Ru….

"We live in a culture where everyone is offended by everything. Everybody's like, 'Oh my god, I'm offended!' It's an ego-based culture we live in. The ego has everything to do with identity. So, you know, drag actually mocks identity. So it doesn't really make any sense. I think, in my world, in my circle of friends, we mock everything! Everything is up to be mocked. Don't take anything seriously." - RuPaul

Edited by SKANK

LadyoftheDam

Given the history of black face, this is not black face. Black face was used in minstrel shows to degrade African Americans. This is just an example of Sharon darkening her skin to play the character of RuPaul, if you are offend by this it is likely because you spend to much time on tumblr. 

Being upset at Sharon for darkening her skin to portray RuPaul is like being upset that Michael Douglas minced in Behind The Candelabra. Michael Douglas was not being offensive like the famous gay archetype of early film known as The Sissy, and Sharon was not doing black face. 

But hey, I collect negrobilia and offensive mid-century modern Asian lamps, so I'm probably a horrible, racist, anti-Christ. So just take it from Mama Ru….

"We live in a culture where everyone is offended by everything. Everybody's like, 'Oh my god, I'm offended!' It's an ego-based culture we live in. The ego has everything to do with identity. So, you know, drag actually mocks identity. So it doesn't really make any sense. I think, in my world, in my circle of friends, we mock everything! Everything is up to be mocked. Don't take anything seriously." - RuPaul

I think you're exaggerating what Mostro is trying to say. Blackface has a terrible history behind it, and it's not something someone should replicate in the 21st century; race is a very delicate issue, and should not be tampered with for the sake of entertainment (i.e Sharon using dark foundation to imitate RuPaul). With that said, I don't think Mostro is implying Sharon is a horrible, racist, anti-christ, for choosing to go that route.  

SKANK

I think you're exaggerating what Mostro is trying to say. Blackface has a terrible history behind it, and it's not something someone should replicate in the 21st century; race is a very delicate issue, and should not be tampered with for the sake of entertainment (i.e Sharon using dark foundation to imitate RuPaul). With that said, I don't think Mostro is implying Sharon is a horrible, racist, anti-christ, for choosing to go that route.  

tumblr_n37bmzOVYG1szlluvo1_500.jpg

I whole heartedly disagree. I certainly think Ru-why-it-gotta-be-black-Paul would also disagree that race should not be "tampered with for the sake of entertainment".

But, hey, it takes all kinds of opinions to make the world go 'round. 

Edited by SKANK

Like sorry if I'm coming off as a tumblr social justice warrior slacktivist, I don't think anyone is an anti-Christ. It's not that I think Sharon's skin darkening was super offensive, just embarrassing and a poor choice. If it comes down to darkening the skin or not, I think "not" is the better option. Just my opinion. 

Also, I know Sharon enjoys being polarizing and controversial which is fine, but not really in the context of race if we're being honest.

ZacharyyyM

who do you guys think is leaving next week?

i think it's Milk

I think either Milk or Trinity this week, I hope it's Milk because I want my prediction to be correct :P But I want Trinity to go because I love Milk :)

Just for fun, what is everyone's predicted elimination order? 

My order is:

Top 3:

- Courtney Act (Winner)

- BenDeLaCreme

- Bianca Del Rio

4th-6th:

- Darienne Lake

- Adore Delano

- Joslyn Fox

7th-9th:

- Laganja Estranja

- Trinity K Bonet