Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

Sister

Killer%20Klowns%20From%20Outer%20Space.j

7/10

It's fun and silly....a good time movie.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Lion Heart

220px-Dark_knight_rises_poster.jpg

Rating: 8.5/ 10

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lampost

Man of Steel - 6/10

Making Superman cool again deserves some credit...

There are moments of greatness, but they're obliterated by the terrible pacing and the CG mess that is the second half of the film. Explosions and mass death are treated like nothing, the action doesn't let you breath, which subsequently leads to you dozing off a few times during these sequences, oh, and the female characters get treated like **** too. Literally every single one of them require saving by a man at some point of the film, sometimes multiple times too!

That being said, the villains are really cool and actually have valid objectives, the flashbacks and early years of Clark are done extremely well and some of the action sequences have some pretty exhilarating stuff, even if they do occasionally fall into generic disaster movie cliche territory.

I really wanted to love it but there are some real issues here. I've given it a 6 because its still (mostly) entertaining and Faora is kick-ass  :cool:

Khashoggi

Man of Steel - 6/10

Making Superman cool again deserves some credit...

There are moments of greatness, but they're obliterated by the terrible pacing and the CG mess that is the second half of the film. Explosions and mass death are treated like nothing, the action doesn't let you breath, which subsequently leads to you dozing off a few times during these sequences, oh, and the female characters get treated like **** too. Literally every single one of them require saving by a man at some point of the film, sometimes multiple times too!

That being said, the villains are really cool and actually have valid objectives, the flashbacks and early years of Clark are done extremely well and some of the action sequences have some pretty exhilarating stuff, even if they do occasionally fall into generic disaster movie cliche territory.

I really wanted to love it but there are some real issues here. I've given it a 6 because its still (mostly) entertaining and Faora is kick-ass  :cool:

Sad thing you didn't like it very much. Henry Cavill is a cute looking guy.

X Men First Class - 8/10

This film was really good I love love Michael Fassbender, so beautiful but also such an intense visceral actor. The entire cast was fantastic, James Mcavoy was a stand out as well. I enjoyed the dark, intense story which never really felt like forced darkness, which a lot movies tend to feel like now. In general the X men story is not a carefree one. It's rife with political and ideological conflict even between friends or allies. It's all there in the comics but was finally brought out in a mature emotional way.

Prometheus - 9/10

Wonderful film. I loved the themes and concept. The search for the beginning, the creator, etc. It is flawed yes. Some parts seem straight of the generic summer blockbuster manual but for the most part it's not the majority of the film. The visuals are some of the best I've seen on film. The cast was amazing as well(s-xy Fassbender included).

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10

This was a really good movie, very moving and emotional film. I loved the scenes showing the creation of the intelligent apes, which are almost all without dialogue and rely only on the physical communication of the apes. It was fascinating. Tom Felton wasn't so good

Abduction - 2/10

lol

Edited by xKorix

n0ne

World_War_Z_poster.jpg

9 or 9.5/10 (can't decide)

The movie was great; the acting, action/suspense, the special effects, and story/drama were amazing. I really wanted to see this film and it met and exceeded my expectations. It was like a mix of 28 Days Later and I Am Legend. My anxiety was bubbling throughout the film and that doesn't happen alot; it planned as a trilogy so I can't wait for sequels  especially if Brad Pitt is leading them.

ManofSteelFinalPoster.jpg

9.5 or 10/10 (can't decide again lol)

This far exceeded my expectations and I'm glad it did. The film was phenomenal and I loved the dark/serious different direction/tone that it took. Now that I know Christopher Nolan co-wrote it, I'm not surprised I loved it (he's one of my fav directors). Props go to Henry Cavill for his performance, being the 1st British Superman, and being really Hot lol. 

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Pity Party

1b5cac72d213567cf896e6889582b4cb.jpeg

4.0/10

There is really no coherent plot to this movie. Dream sequence after dream sequence, random religious imagery...BAM! movies over. :fail:

Michael

220px-ScaryMovie5.jpg

Scary Movie 5 - 3/10

Very few genuine laughs in this film. It's kind of a skidmark on the legacy of the amazing first four films in the franchise. To be honest, this installment never should have happened if Anna Faris and Regina Hall weren't on-board. They were the stars of the movies. It doesn't work without them. Especially when you have cast members from the earlier films like Simon Rex and Charlie Sheen who are now playing new characters.

Most of the jokes were just garbage and not witty in the same way that the other Scary Movie films have been. 90% of the jokes involved Ashley Tisdale accidentally hitting the children in the face.

It's a shame really considering that the Scary Movie franchise had been the only spoof movie franchise to be genuinely funny, until now.

:smh:

Michael

MV5BNDE3MDQzMDA5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUx

Spring Breakers - 8/10

This film was much darker and grittier than I had expected. I mean, I had expected some of that considering that it's a Harmony Korine film but at times the film verges on a trippy contrast of partying and depression. It's surprisingly slow-paced for a movie about partying on spring break. Although the storyline sometimes seemed unclear and as if it had no direction, the characters drew you in and it was fascinating to watch. The cinematography is absolutely outstanding. I felt like I was high watching it. Particularly good scenes was the white piano homage to Britney Spears with the pink balaclavas and machine guns, and also the scene where James Franco performs fellatio on a gun (*boner alert*).

Something of an instant cult classic.

:legend: