đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Alijandro

As epic as Blackwater was, I am still expecting this episode to top it with the quality of the endings for all of the characters. Cant wait to see what they do with Arya, I really love the creative liberties they have taken with her this season, since last episode essentially wrapped up her CoK plot (with exception of a scene with Jaquen) I wonder if they will add some suspense with them being chased down, and possibly tie in her dream from SoS.

But defiantly much more eagerly awaiting the stories from Winterfell, the Frostfangs and Qarth, although i didnt feel that way about the Dany's CoK stories, they way they have adapted the show from her popularity, I am expecting them to do big things with the Undying (which was a pretty confusing chapter when I read it)

See you all in a couple of hours where I read all your spoilers before I get to watch the show :fan:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

Season Finale in 10 minutes! here we go! :giveup:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

Please excuse me while I die :)

This show has killed my CGI expectations for other TV shows.

I'm currently watching Once Upon a Time and the CGI is so horrible and I blame my watching of Game of Thrones for the past 2 months for laughing at their CGI. Some parts actually look like Diablo or something. lol.

Please excuse me while I die :)

This. :cry:

I actually teared up with the Maester Luwin scene.

Loved the Theon and Luwin scene.. now I actually like Theon and feel bad for him and see where he's coming from.

The House of the Undying was so different from the book though, but meh.. it was good still. The part with Drogo. :( Amazing CGI.

Doreah.. dat *****.

Those white walkers.. I felt like I was watching The Walking Dead for a second.. it was awesome!

Now we wait. :cry:

Just glad I get to continue the story since I'm starting Storm of Swords this week. Excited.

Lion Heart

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine, with fire and blood. :crossed:

I was heavily disappointed with Dany all season long, but tonight she nailed it. Her scene with Drogo and the baby almost had me in tears, and I loved that scene where she walks into the empty Throne room and it's snowing- a potential foreshadow perhaps? Theon was great too! He rallies up his men and then smack!- they tie him up and abandon him. I cried when Maester Luwin was dying as well. :cry: And the downfall of Robb begins... we'll technically it already did, but his marriage to Talisa seals his fate- I can't wait to see Catelyn's reaction to this. Poor Sansa... darker days are ahead of her. Tyrion and Shae's scene was touching. Brienne and Jaime Lannister :Gaga: I guess Ros will be a spy for Varys? Interesting developments..

Oh and a friend called me as soon as the show ended asking me what the hell was that ending. :dies:

Lion Heart

tumblr_m35mofgmCJ1rsm66go1_400.jpg

tumblr_m352tyXhd01rupw5wo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m35jjzGOFu1qzmtz8o1_400.jpg

tumblr_m33cq5yiaF1qzbi3ro1_400.jpg

tumblr_m2yfdqClAr1r7mxt5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_m2yebiofTf1r0ib0to1_400.jpg

Alijandro

Oh and a friend called me as soon as the show ended asking me what the hell was that ending. :dies:

how did they end it? Was it at winterfell?

oh my god.. the "The Game of Thrones" picture.

how did they end it? Was it at winterfell?

Sam hiding behind a rock while a horde of white walkers walk by. **** was cray. :eek:

Edited by Rito

Alijandro

oh my god.. the "The Game of Thrones" picture.

Sam hiding behind a rock while a horde of white walkers walk by. **** was cray. :eek:

yeah i found a stream and skipped to the last scene (I'm a bad kid)

hopefully that will tide me over until tonight, need to have a major study day today without GoT distracting me. Left the HD torrent to download which usually takes ages, so hopefully i dont give in and watch a stream, or download a smaller file

Lion Heart

Mind****.

tumblr_m51k0xzQhI1qiyseco1_250.giftumblr_m51k0xzQhI1qiyseco2_250.gif

tumblr_m51k0xzQhI1qiyseco3_250.giftumblr_m51k0xzQhI1qiyseco4_250.gif

Alijandro

so season 2 is the second book ???

mostly, its less 'rigid' as the first season was with the first book. But it does cover the story of Clash of Kings, and delves a little bit into ASoS in the later episodes for a couple of story lines.

Alijandro

Now I've seen it, defiantly agree that they did a great job of wrapping up the plot lines from ACoK whilst teasing each characters paths in ASoS. The fact that they have brought things like Jaime and Brienne as well as Robb's stories forward is kind of an indicator of how much material they are going to have to deal with even with the two book split. But I suspect that in season 4 they may start to delve into FFC and DWD, since after splitting book 3 they will be able to tell the story much more fluidly, focusing more on continuity rather than order.

Very smart move using the Prologue as the final scene, defiantly matches the scale of the Dragons at the end of S1, and teases alot going forward. Although it seems an odd one, my favorite scene of the episode was probably Brienne and Jaime, I really loved the "Two quick ones" part, and the fact they are starting to break down the conventional 'Black and White' of Starks and Lannisters. Also highly impressed with the way they re imagined Dany's Qarth story, i feel it has much more body than it did in the books, even though there was no mention of the three Betrayals. The CGI in the house of the Undying was beyond impressive, especially in the Throne Room.

Well I guess thats it until next year :) will still be reading the books so hopefully still alot to talk about

Lion Heart

Would it be too soon for me to ask which Season did you guys liked more? Both Seasons were really good, but I felt like this season was sort of rushed- and understandably so.

"Epic" moments from S1:

- The opening scene with the White walkers.

- Bran Stark falling from the tower.

- Khal Drogo killing Viserys.

- Daenerys and her dragons.

- Ned/ Queen Cersei.

- Littlefinger betrays Ned Stark

- Execution of Ned Stark.

"Epic" moments from S2:

- The House of the Undying

- The Battle of the Blackwater

- The ending with the White walkers.

- Tywin/ Arya/ Jaqen H'gar.

- Catelyn/ Littlefinger scene.

- Melisandre giving birth to the Shadow.

- Riot in King's Landing.

Season 2 needed a ton of CGI work.... personally I'm not a fan of CGI but at least it was good- unlike Spartacus' laughable CGI or something. I think Daenerys "stumbled" this season. In S1 we saw her evolve from an innocent young girl into this fierce Khaleesi, but in this S2 she was almost a joke. "I'm Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine, with fire and blood but first WHERE ARE MA DRAGUNS!" :fail: I really don't care much about Jon Snow but his arc this season was handed terribly- rushed. Robb and Talisa- I just don't buy it. Lord Petyr "teleporting" Baelish was made a fool the first few episodes, despite almost scaring me in the books, but whatever. Also what happened to Tyrion's "clan" from S1? They never appeared.

There are too many characters (with many more to come) that it's just not possible to squeeze everyone into a ten episode series without their story arcs feeling "rushed". :/ We'll see how things go..

tumblr_m53f7zowNR1qci4xmo1_400.gif

tumblr_m54bkvnS201r1si4po1_400.png

Alijandro

Whilst I do have some similar feelings, I think on the most part they did what they set out to do, which is reproduce the story in a way that it can be appreciated in 10, 1hr samplings. I think season 1 we were fairly lucky as the bounded nature of the story to a certain set of characters enabled them to remain faithful to Martins story, but as this saga continues, they will defiantly have to adapt.

In reality, I viewed the second book as the resolution to Ned's death, as the primary focus is on the successor to the throne and the war that erupts, hence 'Clash of Kings', and I did feel that both Jon and Dany's stories were just transitional to get them from their place at the end of the first book to the third where their stories really take off. So although they were both 'not as intended' in the books, they got those characters to their respective destinations. Jon being accepted into the wildings and Dany learning from her mistake and becoming a stronger leader.

Going forward, I am interested in how they will be able to treat story arc's in season 3, given that they will be essentially only taking half the book. These were the same reservations Martin had which evolved in the FFC, DWD split. But given the way they handled season 2 (I was concerned at first, but looking back I think they accomplished it), I am sure they will be able to deliver a satisfying TV series

• Lion Heart locked this topic