Game of Thrones

• Page 2 of 64
  • Last

3,380 posts

Thanks for posting character bios, I read them earlier and it makes much more sense now :sweat:

So, I'm going to watch the last ep 9 and 10 later tonight :excited2:
btw, what makes someone a 'bastard' son? or what exactly does it mean, like a blacksheep? but what did jon do to get this title? :huh:

His mom isn't Catelyn, Ned's wife. His mom is just some common poor woman Ned slept with.

4,566 posts

I'm re-reading

Spoiler

Also, I can't wait to see Melissandre on TV, I hope whoever plays her stays close to the book(I'm not really feeling Lena Headey as Cersei)

22,807 posts

Thanks for posting character bios, I read them earlier and it makes much more sense now :sweat:

So, I'm going to watch the last ep 9 and 10 later tonight :excited2:
btw, what makes someone a 'bastard' son? or what exactly does it mean, like a blacksheep? but what did jon do to get this title? :huh:

Brother from another Mother Posted Image

Episode 9 is probably my favorite. I cried :cry:

22,807 posts

Posted Image

KING ROBERT BARATHEON: He is the current King when the show starts. He is married to Cersei Lannister and is one huge drunk- which leads to problems down the line. He appoints his long- time friend Ned Stark the Honor of being the Hand of the King, which makes his wife extemely unhappy.

Posted Image

RENLY BARATHEON: He is the King's youngest Brother. he doesn't get much involved except towards the end of this series in a critical moment. He would play a much more important role in the next series.

Posted Image

PRINCE JOFFREY BARATHEON: The illegimite son of the King and the next in line for the throne. He is a lunatic and a complete prick His mother does whatever she can to make sure that no one in the Kingdom knows of the incestrous secret.

* He has a younger sister Myrcella and a younger brother Tommen, but both are irrelevant at this point.

Posted Image

JAIME LANNISTER: Dubbed "The King's Slayer", he is the one who killed the mad King Aerys Targaryen during Robert's Rebellion. He is also the Queen's Twin Brother and the Father of Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen- incest. He does not like Ned Stark or any of the Stark's in general.

Posted Image

VISERYS TARGARYEN: He is Daenery's older brother and the son of the former Mad King Aerys. He and his sister were exhiled out of the Kingdom. He then marries his sister to Khal Drogo in hopes of getting Drogo's army, cross the Narrow Sea, and control the Kingdom, but he is a maniac..

Posted Image

SER JORAH MORMONT: He too was exhiled from his hometown (for selling slaves I believe) and he is stuck with the Dothraki clan. Eventually he becomes-- I guess we can call him Daenery's "body guard" and does his best to protect her.

Posted Image

"LITLLE FINGER": He is part of the King's council and in charge of the Treasury Department; he is the Master of Coin. As a young teen, he had feelings for Ned Stark's wife which is why he doesn't favor Ned much. He tells Ned "not to trust him". He is very manipulative..

Posted Image

LORD VARYS: He is another member of the King's Council. He is very difficult to trust as well because he knows about many things going around in the Kingdom, so it's almost impossible to keep a secret from him.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljcciyZv591qhu9p7o1_500.png

LADY LYSA ARRYN: She does not trust the Lannisters- especially after her husband was mysteriously killed while serving as King Robert's Hand. She- like her sister Catelyn Stark fear that the Lannisters are up to no good. She will rule the Vale of Arryn until her sickly son will come of age....

4,566 posts

Ah! The Red Wedding :panic:

Honestly, I love Lena Headey's work here on GOT- unpopular opinion prob :ohno:

Opinions seem to be mixed on her. For me, I pictured Cersei as much colder and a lot more beautiful(not that Lena Headey is ugly). After watching X-men first class, January Jones would have been perfect.

22,807 posts

Opinions seem to be mixed on her. For me, I pictured Cersei as much colder and a lot more beautiful(not that Lena Headey is ugly). After watching X-men first class, January Jones would have been perfect.

I agree with the "beautiful" part, but something about her fake smile just gives her that look of deceiver- as if she's plotting something. It would make more sense to have her look "older" to give her more "authority" if you know what I mean.

To me, the charaters that were spot- on were Ned and Arya Stark- and perhaps Sansa as well; they fit the character descriptions perfectly.

By the way, wasn't there some other girl who portrayed Daenerys at first (before she left or something?) I think I remember reading something like that.

4,566 posts

I agree with the "beautiful" part, but something about her fake smile just gives her that look of deceiver- as if she's plotting something. It would make more sense to have her look "older" to give her more "authority" if you know what I mean.

I agree, she plays the fake part perfectly, it's just the iciness that's a bit lacking for me. And I while I get and agree with the reason for ageing her, I kinda wish they didn't age her and Catelyn, who I thought looked way older than I imagined.

To me, the charaters that were spot- on were Ned and Arya Stark- and perhaps Sansa as well; they fit the character descriptions perfectly.

:yes: And Tyrion too. Though initially I thought they were a bit kind to Arya in terms of looks as she was described as she was kinda tomboyish/ugly in the book, but I think she's perfect now.

By the way, wasn't there some other girl who portrayed Daenerys at first (before she left or something?) I think I remember reading something like that.

Yeah you're right, that was Tazmin Merchant. I think they got the recast spot on, Emilia Clarke looks much better.

3,849 posts

After I finish catching up on Doctor Who I'll be watching Game of Thrones! :]
Just 4 episodes left of Doctor Who left, so I should be on GoT by Wednesday. Have all the episodes downloaded and ready to be watched.

6,559 posts

I watched the last episodes. :excited2:

Spoiler

When does season 2 start? :huh:

22,807 posts

I watched the last episodes. :excited2:

Spoiler

When does season 2 start? :huh:

Season 2 starts on April 2012 unfortunately- but the book is out there: "A Clash of Kings". Really- if you read the books before/after the HBO show- everything starts to make more sense. There are a handful of characters introduced in ACOK so it would be interesting to see how the audience receives them. Stannis (King Robert's younger brother and next heir to the throne is the one I am looking forward to.) It looks like Tyrion will have a major role in the 2nd season. BTW I'm glad you gave the show a chance and liked it :)
Minor Spoiler: the "blonde princess" really doesn't do much in the next work so..

:yes: And Tyrion too. Though initially I thought they were a bit kind to Arya in terms of looks as she was described as she was kinda tomboyish/ugly in the book, but I think she's perfect now.

Oh Tyrion was perfect too- more than perfect I should say. Khal Drogo as well.. Honestly the casting was brilliant!

After I finish catching up on Doctor Who I'll be watching Game of Thrones! :]
Just 4 episodes left of Doctor Who left, so I should be on GoT by Wednesday. Have all the episodes downloaded and ready to be watched.

!!!!!!!! Make sure you read some character bios before you watch the show- Trust me- it is really confusing for the first few episodes!

13,975 posts

I just started watching today! Jaymes turned me onto it. It's really easy to get lost on the story tho and I feel dumb sometimes :cry:

So far Daenerys is my fav character. She just appeals to me for some reason.

I'm 4 episodes in! I will watch more tomorrow :)

22,807 posts

I just started watching today! Jaymes turned me onto it. It's really easy to get lost on the story tho and I feel dumb sometimes :cry:

So far Daenerys is my fav character. She just appeals to me for some reason.

I'm 4 episodes in! I will watch more tomorrow :)

Yay :party:

Yes- it is really confusing -especially since the cast is rather large. Just read some character bios and get to know who is who and everything should make more sense. :)

GAME OF THRONES NOMINATED @ GOLDEN GLOBES

Game of Thrones has been nominated for Best Drama Series and Best Supporting Actor in a Drama series. While I am fairly certain that the show will not win the Drama Series Award, at least the show is nominated for an honorable award.

http://www.washingto...YEpvO_blog.html

22,807 posts

One of My Fave Promos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ5p18wIQEI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ5p18wIQEI

3,849 posts

Just watched the first episode!
I really like it from what I've seen so far and I'm kind of following along with everything.
Now to watch episode 2 and hopefully more stuff will make sense!

22,807 posts

Just watched the first episode!
I really like it from what I've seen so far and I'm kind of following along with everything.
Now to watch episode 2 and hopefully more stuff will make sense!

Awesome! As long as you get to know who is who, and how they are related, you should be fine :)

22,807 posts

hmm... posting this gif here so I wont lose it:

Posted Image

If y'all find some good GoTgifs, please post them here :)

3,849 posts

I really did not expect to like GoT as much as I am right now. Currently 4 episodes in.. might be doing the 5th if I don't feel too tired in 10 minutes.
The character development of Daenerys. :worship2:

22,807 posts

I really did not expect to like GoT as much as I am right now. Currently 4 episodes in.. might be doing the 5th if I don't feel too tired in 10 minutes.
The character development of Daenerys. :worship2:

:legend:

She's arguably the most dynamic character in the series (and she only keeps changing). Take it slow... I once tried to shove 3 episodes one day but I couldn't so i ended up missing out. You are guaranteed a meltdown by the time you get to the 9th episode- please don't rush it :cry:

3,849 posts

:legend:

She's arguably the most dynamic character in the series (and she only keeps changing). Take it slow... I once tried to shove 3 episodes one day but I couldn't so i ended up missing out. You are guaranteed a meltdown by the time you get to the 9th episode- please don't rush it :cry:

Yeah, you're probably right.. better to watch them I'm more awake so I can process everything.
It's just so hard to stop watching once you start. haha.
9th episode.. oh god. :eek:

I should probably go up there and read the character bios again since they should make sense now..

I don't feel like Tyrion should be blamed for trying to kill Bran.. I feel like he's being framed by Jaime, but let's see..
Oh, and I love Arya, she's such a badass little girl.

22,807 posts

Well Catelyn knows that it was one of the Lannisters who was involved with the attempted murder of her son. I believe she finds this knife (a dagger) made from Valyrian steel and some blonde hair in the room where her son was thrown from- hinting at the Lannister. Eventually she meets up with Little Finger (the Master of Coin- and a man who's been in love with Catelyn when they were younger) and he tells her that the blade belongs to Tyrion Lannister, which heats things up...

• Page 2 of 64
  • Last
Gaga Daily. 2009-2013. Privacy Policy Contact Powered by IP Board