Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga slams artists who don't write and can't sing

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

I'd say they were her worst.

Maybe, but it's her worst album to date. TFM and BTW are her best. TF and ARTPOP are her worst.

ARTPOP hater  :coffee:

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstereo

She's 100% right, but her recent work has been far from good. Her vocals were all over the place during the ARTPOP era.

yep

btw was her best vocal era.

She so right tho. And it's not like these companies can't find pretty girls who also can sing, there are plenty. Why do they bother to produce a singer that can't write, can't sing, can't dance, can't... anything  :flop: is a great mystery to me.

You are right Gaga and most people know that, that's precisely why this is UNNECESSARY imo. When you speak about it, it comes off as pretentious or pressed. I'm not saying you are, but it comes off that way.

Do you remember that girl from "The Fame" who would never act conceited about her talents or preach about art and being artsy? She would sing about superficial and shallow stuff yet whenever she sat on a piano and started singing, everyone would be blown away by her skills and talent, do you remeber her? Do you remember when GP used to buy your albums and support your music? 

When I do the math, my equation's result is that people actually like talented artist but they HATE even the slightest sign of pretentiousness!

I know you might be frustrated for ARTPOP's underperformance and feel the need to express yourslef. But better start doing it with actions only (C2C for instance, excellent move), and leave the talking to the talkers, for your own good and no one else's!

I don't know if she is being pretentious, but you really do make a good point.

There was a refreshing juxtaposition between her persona of "I like big c0cks, diamonds, and tabloids" and her wonderful piano driven performances. When she dropped The Fame persona she became just another performer. The little layer of irony that kept her in a class of her own disappeared. 

djBuffoon

I don't know if she is being pretentious, but you really do make a good point.

There was a refreshing juxtaposition between her persona of "I like big c0cks, diamonds, and tabloids" and her wonderful piano driven performances. When she dropped The Fame persona she became just another performer. The little layer of irony that kept her in a class of her own disappeared. 

That Fame persona struck me as initially intriguing, but then looked like confusion on her part. Glad it's gone.

And she is still in a class of her own, none of her contemporaries that she is always compared to can touch her as far as sheer skill goes. The detractors knows this, even if very few will admit it.

mirandasings 08

Disagree on both counts, she's only improved since TF, as a songwriter and vocalist.

I disagree. I think she hit her peak as a songwriter and vocalist with TFM and BTW.

ARTPOP hater  :coffee:

I don't hate ARTPOP! I love it, as it has some good songs, but I consider it to be her worst work with TF.

yep

btw was her best vocal era.

Agreed. Well, I would say both TFM and BTW were her vocal peaks. She sounded very similar in both eras.

djBuffoon

I disagree. I think she hit her peak as a songwriter and vocalist with TFM and BTW.

The Fame Monster has two excellent songs ("Bad Romance" and "Speechless") but nothing else quite measures up to it, especially not the other two singles. Born This Way I won't touch, because it's crazy and amazing stuff, even if the production was given priority over the melodies in some cases. ARTPOP is her most consistently well-written material imho. Strip away the production and you still have excellent work.

PopBitch

This. She still started off as a pop star no matter if she is more creative and involved than the others and still is seen as one, no matter how she tries to branch herself off from it and separate herself. Slagging others off isn't the way to do it either.

This is so true.  I read that statement by her and she comes off badly.  It's so strident and comes across like she is bitter  and/or full of herself by dissing others.  Just state, like she has before, I don't lip-sync.  I sing live.  I write my own music.  But to go on the attack doesn't put her in the best light at all and does seem very pointed.

I don't hate ARTPOP! I love it, as it has some good songs, but I consider it to be her worst work with TF.

Agreed. Well, I would say both TFM and BTW were her vocal peaks. She sounded very similar in both eras.

Say what you will about the music, but C2C is undoubtedly her vocal peak so far, and even ARTPOP has shown improvement in that sense. I mean, I'm not sure if she could have pulled off a DWUW in 2009/2010/2011 quite as well as she did in 2013/2014. :shrug:

unless you're referring to keeping up with singing + dancing at the same level she used to... I actually think 2011 was her best year in that sense.

RAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

Fiona Apple

Actually you DON'T love ARTPOP... It's clear. The Fame had 5-6 GREAT songs that are the singles +1 or 2 album tracks that were good but the rest of the album is just simple songs with simple lyrics and not very special or really good...ARTPOP is actually MUSICALLY her most inovative and complicated album... The lyrics are also different and the messages of the songs are really complicated compared to TF...Also ARTPOP didn't have fillers (apart from fashion! which I actually like) and every song sounded really different (When many songs in Born This Way sound the same). So it's ok to don't like ARTPOP but PLEASE don't say "I love ARTPOP" and **** because it's not true when you say "It's not a good work" "It's actually her worst work" ....

>dont like something

>hater

I was joking in this comment  :coffee:

Pure Adrenaline

seethe pls

Gypsy and Dope alone ****s all over BTW/TFM vocally (Y&I being prime exception) and don't get me on the rest of the album ...  so staph with the excuses

u'll just hate it cuz it isn't another TF/M, BTW slay on the charts .... u'll basic ATRL asses are too afraid to say ARTPOP is good in fear to get dragged by the Pusses and the Grannys / or just admit that u stan for them numbers u mad and try to bring her work down in order to excuse ur pathetic self

C2C is another proof of Gaga's vocal improvement over the past few years .... where were ur ears during Bang Bang or Lush Life where are ur ears now ... just ... just staph

rihannaheyhatersgoeatyourfeelings.gif

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Archived