Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2015 Music Predictions

ARTPOPisaChoice

Featured Posts

ARTPOPisaChoice

What do you think will happen to the music industry in 2015? Here are some of my predictions (go big or go home!)

2015 Music Predictions

• Lana Del Rey will release her third solo album. There will be a major genre shift, resulting in a US Top 10 Hit.

• Q1 and Q2 will be dominated by funk, disco, and R&B, ushered in by Uptown Funk!, which will be the first #1 of the year.

• Adele’s 25 will sell 1.000.000+ US first week.

• Meghan Trainor’s debut album Title will debut at #1 with 100-120k sales. She will have a big year with two more US Top 10’s. Title will end up around 650.000 US.

• Rihanna’s new album is experimental- R&B influenced. She will see her largest US first week sales, possibly 300.000+.

• The lead single from Lady Gaga’s sixth studio album will be released Q3. It will rock-influenced and her largest hit since The Edge of Glory.

• Charli XCX will see another US Top 40. Sucker will end up around 250.000 US.

• Fall Out Boy’s American Beauty/American Psycho will contain their biggest hit since Thnks fr the Mmrs. The album will end up around 800.000 US.

• Azealia Banks will see a single enter the Billboard Hot 100. It will not be a hit, but it will be her first steps toward mainstream success.

• The Pink Print will perform poorly album sales-wise, barely managing gold in the US; however; there will be several hit singles.

• European indie pop/indie rock will dominate US airwaves.

• Madonna’s Rebel Heart will experience an 85% decrease in sales second week. It will end up Gold in the US, with one Top 20 Hit.

• One Direction will release their final album in October, with Zayn Malik going solo shortly after.

• One hit wonders, galore.

• Bruno Mars’s third album will spawn three #1’s and sell 2.500.000 US.

• The 1975 will replicate their UK success across the pond.

• Country radio will experience a transition year from bro-country to more country/blues fusion with a focus on lyrics. Artists such as Kacey Musgraves and Hozier will see large gains in country airplay.

• Lorde’s second album, released in Q3, establishes her as an album-selling alternative artist who from time to time see crossover success, ala Coldplay. 
The album spawns only one Top 20 Hit, but ends up around 1.200.000 US.

• Fifth Harmony breaks up.

• FROOT, Marina & The Diamonds's third solo album, debuts in the Top 20 of the Billboard 200, and spawns one single that dangles in the lower end of the Top 40, her most successful US single to date.

• At least very annoying, viral hit that only tops the Hot 100 because of massive streaming.

• One major, young artist dies.

• Beyoncé has a break year. Her only appearance on the Hot 100 comes from her collaboration with Nicki on Feeling Myself.

• Iggy Azalea lies low until releasing the lead single from her second album in Q3. Top 5 Hit.

• Ariana Grande has a Top 10 hit from a single with no guest stars.

• 1989 ends up spawning two more #1's for Taylor, and the album ends up passing 5M US.

• Britney Spears's ninth album is more successful than Britney Jean, spawing a Top 10 Hit and going gold in the US.

• Panic! At The Disco sees their first Top 40 Hit since 2005. Their Q4 album becomes their first chart-topper, and ends up around 450.000 US.

• Katy Perry’s Prism rerelease will push the album to around 1.850.000 US. There will be two Top 5 hits.

Again, these are just fun predictions and speculation. What do you think will happen?

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy will re-release Prism with 3 or 4 songs, the lead single of it will be performed at the Superbowl and will go straight to the top of the charts,then she will add a new leg for the Prismatic Tour, probably a new north american and asian leg and come for that 200k grossing tour

katy-perry-celebration-dance-in-firework

just another day in Kat's career

meanwhile the rest of the world will be watching like.........

"you're still basic Katy and don't have a grammy"

earthsong.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Anderson123

So based on this and last night's Tumblr prediction, a young pop artist/icon or two will die this year. :(

Andreyw

So based on this and last night's Tumblr prediction, a young pop artist/icon or two will die this year. :(

I wonder who will be sacrificed :rip:

Miley?

inuborg

The only 2015 albums I care about are:

Fantasea 2

Lana's 3rd LP

Regina Spektor's 7th album

Florence and the Machine's 3 album

Tyler The Creators 3rd studio album

Earl Sweatshirt's 2nd studio album

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Katy will re-release Prism with 3 or 4 songs, the lead single of it will be performed at the Superbowl and will go straight to the top of the charts,then she will add a new leg for the Prismatic Tour, probably a new north american and asian leg and come for that 200k grossing tour

katy-perry-celebration-dance-in-firework

just another day in Kat's career

meanwhile the rest of the world will be watching like.........

"you're still basic Katy and don't have a grammy"

earthsong.gif

:lmao:

I don't know why but that killed me. :toofunny: 

I really hope the new lead by Gaga is pop and not rock.. :( anyway I don't think Rihanna will debut with more than 210k and I don't think Lana will put a new album only one year after. 

Britney9 will be more successful than Britney Jean for sure. It can't be worse lol. 

brizoda

What do you think will happen to the music industry in 2015? Here are some of my predictions (go big or go home!)

2015 Music Predictions

• Lana Del Rey will release her third solo album. There will be a major genre shift, resulting in a US Top 10 Hit.

• Q1 and Q2 will be dominated by funk, disco, and R&B, ushered in by Uptown Funk!, which will be the first #1 of the year.

• Adele’s 25 will sell 1.000.000+ US first week.

• Meghan Trainor’s debut album Title will debut at #1 with 100-120k sales. She will have a big year with two more US Top 10’s. Title will end up around 650.000 US.

• Rihanna’s new album is experimental- R&B influenced. She will see her largest US first week sales, possibly 300.000+.

• The lead single from Lady Gaga’s sixth studio album will be released Q3. It will rock-influenced and her largest hit since The Edge of Glory.

• Charli XCX will see another US Top 40. Sucker will end up around 250.000 US.

• Fall Out Boy’s American Beauty/American Psycho will contain their biggest hit since Thnks fr the Mmrs. The album will end up around 800.000 US.

• Azealia Banks will see a single enter the Billboard Hot 100. It will not be a hit, but it will be her first steps toward mainstream success.

• The Pink Print will perform poorly album sales-wise, barely managing gold in the US; however; there will be several hit singles.

• European indie pop/indie rock will dominate US airwaves.

• Madonna’s Rebel Heart will experience an 85% decrease in sales second week. It will end up Gold in the US, with one Top 20 Hit.

• One Direction will release their final album in October, with Zayn Malik going solo shortly after.

• One hit wonders, galore.

• Bruno Mars’s third album will spawn three #1’s and sell 2.500.000 US.

• The 1975 will replicate their UK success across the pond.

• Country radio will experience a transition year from bro-country to more country/blues fusion with a focus on lyrics. Artists such as Kacey Musgraves and Hozier will see large gains in country airplay.

• Lorde’s second album, released in Q3, establishes her as an album-selling alternative artist who from time to time see crossover success, ala Coldplay. 
The album spawns only one Top 20 Hit, but ends up around 1.200.000 US.

• Fifth Harmony breaks up.

• FROOT, Marina & The Diamonds's third solo album, debuts in the Top 20 of the Billboard 200, and spawns one single that dangles in the lower end of the Top 40, her most successful US single to date.

• At least very annoying, viral hit that only tops the Hot 100 because of massive streaming.

• One major, young artist dies.

• Beyoncé has a break year. Her only appearance on the Hot 100 comes from her collaboration with Nicki on Feeling Myself.

• Iggy Azalea lies low until releasing the lead single from her second album in Q3. Top 5 Hit.

• Ariana Grande has a Top 10 hit from a single with no guest stars.

• 1989 ends up spawning two more #1's for Taylor, and the album ends up passing 5M US.

• Britney Spears's ninth album is more successful than Britney Jean, spawing a Top 10 Hit and going gold in the US.

• Panic! At The Disco sees their first Top 40 Hit since 2005. Their Q4 album becomes their first chart-topper, and ends up around 450.000 US.

• Katy Perry’s Prism rerelease will push the album to around 1.850.000 US. There will be two Top 5 hits.

Again, these are just fun predictions and speculation. What do you think will happen?

oh my god . . . . very good job

Adele 1st week 1,5

Here are my predictions for 2015

-Charli XCX will become really famous; her song "Break The Rules" Entered the hot 100 this week and I think that eventually it will enter the top 10. She'll start working on a new album and possibly tease it.

-Christina will release an album or a single.. It won't be a success. -.-

-Robin Thicke will flop one more time

-Taylor Swift will release 3 more singles from 1989 and one of them won't chart on the top 10 of the hot 100 O.o

-Katy Patra will re release Prism and probably score another #1

-Selena recently signed a contract with Interscope.. She may relese something at the end of 2015

-Badgirlriri will score another #1 and release her album eventually. It will be a huge success for her. Probably 300K in the first week.

-Adele will release her 25 album.. it will debut at #1 on the billboard 200 with many copies sold and it will stay there for some time.. Two #1's and 2 more at top 20

-Nicki Minaj will announce US dates for her tour.. She will release 2 or 3 more singles and one of them will enter the top 10 

Beyonce will be taking a break definately.. She would make appearances, though

Miley will release a pop album.. it will sell around 200k in the first week, depending on the 1st single's success..Another tour for late 2015/early 2016

NEW ALBUM FROM THE PRETTY RECKLESS HOPEFULLY 

Bruno Mars release, Chris Brown probably too

Annnnnnnndd about gagzz.........

I think 2015 won't be a big year.. She will probably announce something till june, but it will be released either late 2015 or yearly 2016. It will be sth like 2012(touring, not much about music) 

GagaXCupcakke

I think Rebel Heart will sell pretty well, but I don't think it will have any hit singles.  Meghan Trainer is done.  Lana will sadly not get a top ten hit, that's not really how she rolls.  Taylor is going to beat Katy and Michael Jackson's record for most number 1 hits on one album.  The only thing Gaga related coming out this year is another jazz album.  Marina might break into the US, with a song similar to How To Be A Heart Breaker and Primadonna.  Charlie XCX is going to get big.  Adele will slay.  

I don't know why, but I think that Rebel Heart will flop real hard...

It should have at least one single in the top 20,though

Archived