💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Spider-Man rights discussions start again following Sony hack

Spock

Featured Posts

spider_man_68593.jpg

We previously reported on the potential deal between Marvel and Sony to share the rights to Spider-Man at a 60/40 split, and that deal seems to be the one that will potentially be jump-started if Sony Pictures Entertainment continues to stumble in their handling of the Spider-Man franchise.

Sony is understandably preoccupied with the consequences of a massive hack that includes leaked films, downed intranet services and the leak of documents and e-mails, but should this deal move forward, we've learned some more details about what Spider-Man's potential return to Marvel would entail.

The 60/40 split still looks to be the divide with Sony handling distribution. However, Marvel's not inclined to give Sony creative control over the character, nor planning on honoring the contracts with Sony's Spider-Stars. More poking into the origins of the Aunt May solo film and Female Spider movie rumors revealed that these were actual Sony Picture Entertainment plans that Marvel knew about and severely disliked. Now that Marvel can have the rights to the character back, they plan to wipe the slate with the Amazing Spider-Man universe.

IF the Marvel/Sony deal were to go forward, Andrew Garfield would no longer be Peter Parker and any baggage from existing films, Raimi or Webb, would be non-canonical, Marvel doesn't want any part of those films. The idea is that the Spider-Man romance movie has been played out over five installments, so any new Spider-Man films would focus on the difficulties of being a teenager and a superhero with a romance side-story, not the film's focus. Marvel also thinks that the origin story is well-trodden territory, so any Spider-Man movies under this deal would begin with Peter Parker already leading a dual life. Spider-Man making his debut in Captain America: Civil War is still a distinct possibility and would serve as the character's introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But as of now Spider-Man will NOT be in Civil War. I was told that they have a script nailed down.

Marvel's desire to remove Andrew Garfield from the role was a major point of contention with Sony's Amy Pascal, traditionally a stalwart defender of the talent in her films. However, current events leave her positioned slightly weakened.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/marvel-wants-a-fresh-start-with-spider-man-without-andrew-garfield

Finally! Imagine the possibilities :legend:

Promo for the Marvel thread http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/117293-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/ :hor:

who will love me when the night is over

Pure Adrenaline

No i dont wanna Andrew to go away :ohno:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

SlayedForTheGod

Mhmm now snatch the X Men back too please 

x men is pretty good right now. i dont know if marvel likes it but the audience reaction is good.

Mhmm now snatch the X Men back too please 

Yeah, different owners and different situations. What has been fueling these talks from the beginning is that Sony has made a mess out of Spider Man and its mythology and fans aren't happy. X Men on the other hand is in a really good place creatively and everybody is happy :ohwell:

bionic

No pls

The last thing Marvel needs is more movie properties to homogenise into Marvel Movie #24

If Marvel had unlimited money they should do a live action TV show for Spiderman like they're doing for their Defenders line-up and keep him as a street-level hero for longer.

buy bionic

ryhanna

Different owners.

I know, X Men is with Fox. And they do it well, but it'd be nice to see Marvel Studios have a crack at the franchise. 

Versace

NO,  I need the amazing spider man 3 n 4 , the female hero movie and the venom movie. Sony should keep its rights.

Vernier

Andrew Garfield is a good Spider Man though, not his fault they gave him ****ty material to work with, especially in the last movie

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

RAMROD

YAS! Bring back Spidey to Avengers!

It's missing something without his wittiness

and breaking the fourth wall!

Also, what kind of abomination is Aunt May Origins?

Like, Nani The Fcuk??!! :millie:

Anyone who ever spit that idea, I need to know :eww:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Also, what kind of abomination is Aunt May Origins?

Like, Nani The Fcuk??!! :millie:

Anyone who ever spit that idea, I need to know :eww:

Sony chairmen :millie: (receipts are in the leaked e-mails)

But I know, it's so tragic. They have no ****ing clue what to do with the material. Thank God the relationship between them and Marvel are really good (unlike Fox) so I'm 99.8% sure they will work something out. Plus Sony is in a really weak position compared to when the talks started. Marvel will really do him justice. We'll know in january I guess :ohwell:

Archived