Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

do you like the ARTPOP album cover?

Divine

Do you like the ARTPOP album cover?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. did you wished that gaga made another album cover? and not to use the official one?

• Yes (i feel, something is lacking)
    • Nooo (I love it)

Featured Posts

No it's tacky and only slightly better then the BTW cover

She should've went with the first pic she released this era as a cover 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from a cheesy MTV article but it kinda explains in poor words what is all about

On The Meaning Of The Gazing Ball:

“She came and she saw my gazing ball show that I had at the David Zwirner Gallery this summer. She loved the work. She got down on the floor in front of some of the sculptures, especially a sculpture of Ariadne. These pieces were all white plaster  I would take classical sculptures and have a mold of them made and I would put a gazing ball on it.

“What was beautiful about that work was the accessibility of the ball  that reflective ball that many people have in their yards as a symbol of generosity to your neighbors. But when you’d look at it you’d feel this transcendence where the ball would become everything and it would be about a mass dialogue about people not only wanting transcendence for themselves, but involved with the community discussing transcendence and what the possibilities are for humans.â€

On The ARTPOP Cover:

“With the cover, I wanted to have Gaga there as a sculpture, as a three-dimensional type of form and with the gazing ball, because the gazing ball really does become kind of the symbol for everything  and this aspect of reflection that when you come across something like a gazing ball, it affirms you, it affirms your existence and then from that affirmation, you start to want more. There’s a transcendence that takes place and eventually it really leads you to everything. So that aspect’s there.â€

On Gaga As Apollo:

“But I didn’t want Gaga there just kind of isolated, so in the background there’s [Gian Lorenzo] Bernini’s ‘Apollo and Daphne’  and that’s the work where Apollo chases Daphne and she turns into a tree. And so there’s just glimpses of Daphne’s face and of Apollo. Apollo is the god of music and whenever Apollo would perform music he would transcend, he would change; his being would become more feminine. And that’s the transcendence that you can experience through art and life. Your being can change, your possibilities can change, your perimeters can change.â€

On Gaga As Venus:

“And also in this triangular shapes that go out is Botticelli’s ‘The Birth of Venus,’ presenting Gaga of course in the role of Venus  of the nature of the continuation of life’s energy and the pursuit and the enjoyment of aesthetics and of beauty. And of the desire to continually have transcendence.â€

I think this is her most meaningful cover ever. Not just a random face from a photoshoot.

ZHKBYOf.jpg

ChasingGhosts

I love it but I think the first picture we got this era with the brunette seashell girl wig and the mask would've worked as well

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

I love the idea behind the statue being on the cover instead of her (or at least my interpretation of it anyway), but the artwork's unveiling ruined my appreciation of it in the long run. Showing how it was created step-by-step in a way deteriorated its polished and wholesome appearance for me.

I LOVE IT!! But tbh when I first saw it, Nicki Minaj came in to my head. I dont know, its like because of her bangs.  :shrug:

All I ever wanted was 🅻🅾🆅🅴

Archived