Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

If ARTPOP came after TFM?

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

DontDoubtDavid

I think one problem may have been the mood/image of each album. TF was pop, fun, and bright, which carried into TFM, which progressively started becoming darker. I noticed because starting to loose interest in Gaga when things started getting darker. If she would have switched to a colorful and fun album after TFM, people would have really been into it. BTW kinda fits the music industry now and would have probably done even better now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is more imaginative than either "Telephone" or "Alejandro" :shrug:

i like Alejandro better tbh :)

but i mean we all have different tastes and thats okay!

i just think that Applause, even if its a great song, doesnt really have that "smash hit" factor, i can't really explain it it's only my feeling  :duck:

djBuffoon

i like Alejandro better tbh :)

but i mean we all have different tastes and thats okay!

i just think that Applause, even if its a great song, doesnt really have that "smash hit" factor, i can't really explain it it's only my feeling  :duck:

I hear something different, but fair enough! :hug:

drinkmytears

People wouldve been way more impressed with BTW. BTW is a better album than ARTPOP, so it would've been viewed as growth instead of decline. Also, the Gp was really into EDM then, and they're more into rock now. Also the BTWBALL tour would've been seen as more amazing than the artRave. Also she never wouldve feuded with Madonna...

^ more than half of the comments up there prove that y'all are here for success and you'd have loved ARTPOP had it been a success like BTW

But I guess that's how monsters and pop stans work :madge:

It would have been waaaay more successful, but BTW wouldnt have flopped if it wasnt coming off of the success of TFM

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

XoXoJoanneGaga

^ more than half of the comments up there prove that y'all are here for success and you'd have loved ARTPOP had it been a success like BTW

But I guess that's how monsters and pop stans work :madge:

It's not like that, I think it's more the fact that her career trajectory would have made more sense. Even though I'm glad Born This Way came out when it did, I always thought she should have released one more fun pop album with some urban music, to capitalize on her status as the biggest pop star alive. Then making Born This Way her 4th album would have been progression instead of regression. It just makes more sense

Speechless18

If it had come after TFM, I think we'd be talking about ARTPOP the way we talk about BTW and we'd talk about BTW the way we talk about ARTPOP.

Whatever came after TFM would have had TFM glow cast upon it and fans would be in love. And then whatever album came second would have gotten the luke warm response from fans that ARTPOP got.

I love the order of the albums. BTW felt like a natural extension of TFM. To go from TFM to ARTPOP to BTW would seem crazy, and as if she were going backwards from AP to BTW. AP is her most mature to date.

It would've gotten more critical appreciation than it did and would've been more commercially successful than Born This Way because it's not as controversial.

XoXoJoanneGaga

If it had come after TFM, I think we'd be talking about ARTPOP the way we talk about BTW and we'd talk about BTW the way we talk about ARTPOP.

Whatever came after TFM would have had TFM glow cast upon it and fans would be in love. And then whatever album came second would have gotten the luke warm response from fans that ARTPOP got.

I love the order of the albums. BTW felt like a natural extension of TFM. To go from TFM to ARTPOP to BTW would seem crazy, and as if she were going backwards from AP to BTW. AP is her most mature to date.

Most mature in what sense? Her vocals on AP sound more matured since she's older and has more training, but other than that there's a reason why almost everyone views the album as a step back from BTW. She even said herself it lacks maturity.

GagaDragon

Definitely a step down, the album was simply not what we expect from Gaga and ARTPOP coming after one of the greatest albums of all time would have been such a disappointment. Thankfully she released BTW which was even better :teehee:

Speechless18

Most mature in what sense? Her vocals on AP sound more matured since she's older and has more training, but other than that there's a reason why almost everyone views the album as a step back from BTW. She even said herself it lacks maturity.

I think not only because of her vocals but she left her musical comfort zone. I felt like she was confident enough in her art to take controlled risks (Aura, Swine). I guess, for me, that translated into maturity. To me, BTW sounded like an extension of TFM, where I think a more mature move is to put out music that doesn't sound like anything you've ever done. Also, I think AP is a more personal album and that contributes to my perception of maturity.

AP is for sure a more fun, lighter album, no doubt about that. Your guess is as good as mine, but that could be what she meant, that it was less mature thematically. But I think AP is more mature musically.

Archived