Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Which Blackout was worse?

SIRE

339 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• The hip blackout (Feb 2012-July 2013)
    • DWUW Blackout (November 2013-March 2014)

Featured Posts

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interlude

I think the hip blackout was the worst. We had no idea what was going to happen. She went from performing on tour and things being normal to just stopping and cancelling nearly the entire US leg, she completely disappeared and the pictures we did get were heartbreaking. She was hiding away and we knew she was troubled. The amount of fake leaks and news was the worst thing as well, nothing but pulling at our heartstrings.

With DWUW we had ARTPOP, the hip was near the end of an era - we didn't have any new stuff and it was a waiting game.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Hip.

To top it all off, the blackout started with my tour date getting cancelled. I literally sobbed when I found out it wasn't happening for me. BTW being such a huge album for me. Then nothing for months. Ridiculous theories. It also kind of made me angry. If we were so close to her, and she cared so much for her fans, why did she literally sever herself from us? Because she disappointed us?

DWUW blackout was painful too. But nothing like the hip. We were literally left with nothing for months.

But then when the new album stuff started back up again. Ugh. That feeling of euphoria. The release of that first promo pic. The release of the Applause cover art. It almost made up for it.

Almost

The hip blackout made me go nuts. I remember literally imagining in my head what Gaga's new music would sound like. DOT and the frame meltdowns are both evidence of the massive thirst during this time. I think it is worse than the DWUW blackout because we were expecting new music from Gaga during the hip blackout and were always wondering what her new sound would be like. Aura made it even worse because it was a taste of what we were getting which made us crave even more.

high heeled fem

the hip blackout.

i agree that was way more painful for me!!! cause we got NOTHING :deadbanana: she was gone for months

the DWUW she was still here i was like oh its xmas time.... etc it went fast however before she annouced g.u.y as a video i was like starting to get angry and wondering wtf by mid feb, luckily she announced g.u.y soon after :madge:

Hip.

DWUW blackout was painful too. But nothing like the hip.

We were literally left with nothing for months.

THIS :applause: nothing for so long she wasn't even in a blackout really during dwuw i mean she had released applause

that hip era was a dark time :emo:

DWUW because it interrupted what could have been a steady stream of promo. ARTPOP needed more sales, the BTW Ball was doing just fine

Both of them: DWUW because it was in an era, and the hip because she didn't only broke her hip but also ARTPOP... You can say whetever you want but I THINK it was her worst album to date (not that it's bad, the other ones were just much better).

neither of them bothered me and i don't see why they should, apart from health concerns... taking breaks is good for her

The ARTPOP one is what any star could do so that doesn't really bother me. But the DWUW one is horrible. She bailed middle of an era. Ever since then the whole era has lost momentum. Poor DWUW video we'll never get to see.

SychosSoChic

DWUW blackout is what completely ruined the rest of the ARTPOP era. It caused instability, it was a very boring and awkward time in the era because no one was telling us anything, and we weren't getting a video for a song that was a single, and performing well,  but just needed that video to make it a no.1 but never got it. 

It was the beginning of the end for ARTPOP, because before then ARTPOP was actually doing well, but after the blackout everything just went wrong until we got the ARTPOP Film, which was the last thing we would ever get from the ARTPOP era excl. the ARTRAVE  :(

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived