💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The o2-25th Oct. WTF was up with the audience?

TMC

Featured Posts

spicemuncher

Same for the 23rd, even hardcore fans were just standing there. I have LMZ for tonight, and I'm afraid to say that I'm not looking forward to it. :/

I saw her in Dubai, and the crowd there was incredible. 100x better than London, which is weird as hell, but true.

I hope it's different tonight. I'm going to take very few pics and just jump and scream the entire time (provided that my ankle doesn't go out tonight- I literally cried my eyes out on the 23rd from the pain of standing for so long).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Donatello

Gaga tells everyone to stand up at every artRAVE, watch the vids... although yes, last night's crowd was very underwhelming compared to MB back in 2010. 

You can't simply ask ppl to stand up or put their hands up tho, you have to earn it. E.g. everyone gets up and cheers without instruction for the hits (she noticed this for Just Dance and said at the end "I'm not playing any more hits tonight ... just joking").

Lona Delery

tbh what do you expect if you sit in a seated area.

It's actually more or less rude to stand up there and dance, since the majority of the people there bought the ticket so that they can sit & you're blocking their view^^

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

OpusDiaboli666

It's actually more or less rude to stand up there and dance, since the majority of the people there bought the ticket so that they can sit & you're blocking their view^^

This to be honest.

Standing is for standing tickets and sitting for seating tickets. I also have standing one time and one time seating so I can have a nice view over everything that is going on. I wouldn't like it if others in front of me were standing. At least not the whole time.

What's disappointing especially to her is when the crowd didn't cheer and scream for her

A lot of views and opinions here. I actually never thought that people would buy a seated ticket to SIT. Well, not for a Gaga gig. I think it's fairly obvious to stand and dance as Gaga herself told everybody to get up. It was honestly a strange crowd at the O2 last night. For her to notice it proves that I feel.

It just wasn't as electric. I think that's the jist of my post. I understand seating vs standing. But the only reason there are seated tickets is because to the way the arena is built. You can't have everyone on the floor. And some events warrant sitting down. I personally just found it so strange...

I am honestly glad the DVD (if it happens) isn't being filmed at the O2. Even the crowd on the floor didn't seem that crazy... Which is fine... But I just wish I could bottle last night and show it to those who weren't there just how strange it was.

But like I said, we had a good time. Whether you agree or not, I don't think anyone could go to a Gaga concert and not dance. That is just beyond my understanding. Sitting for that show would be so bizarre.

As for the music, it slayed but I agree with some of the comments how the ARTPOP beats aren't as dancey as I thought they would be. Bad Romance for example had everyone going insane. Maybe the majority of the crowd were there for who she was... And not she is is now.

Everyone in my block was standing on the 23rd, you didn't have a choice to sit down otherwise you could barely see

YES. Amen. Die hard fans will always party with mother monster!! Sitting down? Clapping along? Not gonna happen.

people who want to stand should buy standing tickets. people who want to sit should buy seated tickets. then there's no issue. is that crazy?

Agree in an ideal world, but limited standing tickets mean you only have seated left... Standing tickets sell out in seconds. And I ain't gonna be sitting during her performance even if I get seated tickets.

I disagree. I have never seen anybody seated at TMB or BTWB. If you can't see because I am jumping going ****ing crazy... Then stand up yourself. Seriously, I feel it's a little disrespectful to her. Honour her and her work.... You really think Gaga created the artRAVE for us to sit and intently listen to it?

Lona Delery

I disagree. I have never seen anybody seated at TMB or BTWB. If you can't see because I am jumping going ****ing crazy... Then stand up yourself. Seriously, I feel it's a little disrespectful to her. Honour her and her work.... You really think Gaga created the artRAVE for us to sit and intently listen to it?

tbh I feel it's alittle disrespectful to all the other people in the crowd to just jump before them.

I have seated tickets since I'd be too late to get a good place in the standing area, and I would never ever stand up there, though I'd like to. It's quite ignorant to assume that the other ones have to stand, even if they have specifically booked seated tickets.

And well, the statement of "if you can't see it because I willingly block your view, then go and stand up" is something of the most douchiest things I have ever heard.

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

BornSimon

When I went to see Madonna in Barcelona I was seated with my boyfriend but when the show started we instantly got up and those behind were complaining because they couldn't see anything. Luckily there were many empty seats so we just moved somewhere else and partied by ourselves. :p

It was COMPLETELY different at the Born This Way Ball, we were seated but we partied really hard through the whole thing and NO ONE was sitting around us, the whole crowd was up on their feet.

When I went to see the Spice Girls in London I thought they were a pretty boring, cold audience, to be honest, I guess they just have different ways of showing appreciation for an artist.

tbh I feel it's alittle disrespectful to all the other people in the crowd to just jump before them.

I have seated tickets since I'd be too late to get a good place in the standing area, and I would never ever stand up there, though I'd like to. It's quite ignorant to assume that the other ones have to stand, even if they have specifically booked seated tickets.

And well, the statement of "if you can't see it because I willingly block your view, then go and stand up" is something of the most douchiest things I have ever heard.

Do you know what, I'm sorry. That sounded douchey I admit it. I just feel quite strongly about it mainly because Gaga herself looked like she could feel the quietness. I was just thinking it'd be full of crazy monsters raving. It was a shock to see so many people sitting after I've been sat for the past 3 tours but no one ever sits down.

I do think I'll get standing tickets if I can next time. The floor wasn't packed last night funnily enough yet there were no standing tickets left to buy.

I brought seated tickets & i usually stand up at concerts even when seated but tbh, NO ONE where i was sitting apart from the odd 2 people (whose dancing was annoying & unnecessary, they even danced during Dope  :giveup: ) were standing up. But i still sang & made some hand gestures like fist pumping, maybe i was just too lazy to stand up! 

Arturo

I was in seats in L.A and EVERYONE was standing up in my section. Yeah they weren't jumping like me but the fact that they all stood up (and no they weren't hardcore fans) was great.

After watching some videos from the show last night, we've decided we'll definitely try for standing tickets next time. I don't think the fans/ticket purchasers are the same as TMB...

hell0samuel

I was there last night and I agree, i was LMZ but whenever i looked to the seats and saw people sitting, or not swaying or whatever it annoyed me.

but we have to consider that those people arent die hard fans that know every song on every album. ARTPOP as an opening is very strong but it isnt a very well known Gaga song by the public and your casual fan might not know it. 

Archived