💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Record Sales Database - ARTPOP hits 746k, TD 2.97M, 1989 4.65M

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

taylor  :wtfga: US is u okay? do u need something? earcondom or such?

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Bloody

Gaga hasn't released as many singles as them, so she has done pretty well :applause:

Taylor is big in US but now WW.   :ohwell: Gaga is dominating WW  :legend:

Arturo

USA doesn't deserve Gaga.

It's one of her biggest markets and one that didn't completely abandon her like Australia, New Zealand, and a bunch of European countries.

As featured artist: for Gaga Videophone is missing.

Added with its last known digital sales (solely as an extended remix). Thanks for the reminder!

Where did you find these? I've seen them posted here and there, but have yet to find any source for them. Also, from @chartnews, G.U.Y. has sold 30,806 copies.

The digital sales (estimations) for the two ARTPOP singles came from Arturo, as posted in our Gaga Charts and ARTPOP Receipts. From April 2014 to June 2014, the combined available sales estimates from kworb for Applause was at 98k. The last weekly sales estimation for Applause was 4k in mid-June. If it's selling below 4k from mid-June to early October (let's say 2k per week as a conservative estimation), then that'd be another 34k, bringing the total to 132k since the end of March when Billboard gave its last update (2.413M for Applause and 1.112M for DWUW). With that, I believe it's a safe and probable estimation.

MTN's numbers came from UKMIX - http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=98736&p=4604643 (posted on 25th Sept. 2013). Member on Pulse claimed he got it from the SoundScan database - http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/138753/ARTPOP-music-video-preview-release?page=12. And since every other forum I've seen uses this stat, with the original post on UKMIX as their common source, I've taken it as well. It'd be really great though if we get an official update from either @chartnews or Billboard itself.

I've been trying to find G.U.Y.'s digital sales for the longest time. So a huge thank you for the link! :runhug:

Applause has sold 2.6M in the US?

Just a sales estimation. Its official SoundScan figure is still at 2.413M (as of March 2014 via Billboard). Changed back the stats of Applause and DWUW to their latest SoundScan-provided numbers for the comparison to be consistent and fair, both for Gaga's own other stats and for the other three artists as well. I apologise for any confusion.

WarriorPrince

Taylor has it all, single sales, album sales, relevant awards, press and huge tours with sold out stadiums. What a US queen.

GagaMyBlood95

Taylor has it all, single sales, album sales, relevant awards, press and huge tours with sold out stadiums. What a US queen.

She's actually quite successful outside the US too so I think we can say she is also global even though these are just US numbers here :yes:

Archived