💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO : Severina - "More Tuge" ft. Saša Matic

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

Paper Gangsta

Yes pop is separated from turbo-folk. 2 different things, it's just that turbo-folk became extremely popular and some pop artists started making song that are turbo-folk in order to make their songs successful. That doesn't make it pop. Mostly sell-out artists with bops like pitbull and JLO used to do. That's just an example.

Why is turbo folk embarassing? I don't see why it's worse than pop. Lyrics are pretty much on the same level, while music is more orginal because pop follows WW trends while TF is influenced by traditional music. I agree with what craig said

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Gangsta

If US country music is the folk of America, would someone like Shania Twain be similar to Severina?

A country artist with elements of rock and pop in her sound.

Are there separate pop and turbo-folk radio formats in the Balkins?

Is there embarassment about drawing on turbo-folk in Croatia since it's associated strongly with Serbia?

There is one format for all songs :toofunny:

Phoenix

Why is turbo folk embarassing? I don't see why it's worse than pop. Lyrics are pretty much on the same level, while music is more orginal because pop follows WW trends while TF is influenced by traditional music. I agree with what craig said

It's called out as "music trash" by many people. And it's mostly about drinking, d--gs, s-x and violence. Which is not that great. All the songs pretty much sound the same and are so cheap when it comes to the production. Just a sell-out. And also 70% of them are just copies (plagiarism).

💎

Paper Gangsta

It's called out as "music trash" by many people. And it's mostly about drinking, d--gs, s-x and violence. Which is not that great. All the songs pretty much sound the same and are so cheap when it comes to the production. Just a sell-out. And also 70% of them are just copies (plagiarism).

urbofolk je nazvao 'smećem od glazbe' koje potiÄe na opijanje i drogu, ali i navodi na seks i nasilje

You said "Djevojka sa sela" is turbofolk, so you're saying it promotes d--gs, alcohola and violence.

What is second paragraph?

Phoenix

You said "Djevojka sa sela" is turbofolk, so you're saying it promotes d--gs, alcohola and violence.

What is second paragraph?

That song came out long ago. I was not talking about litterally every single song. Music industry changed untill today. :shrug:

And mess I started typing on my language and then forgot to delete it. It's messy 'cause the theme is about someone from here and many people are from here. :rip::sharon: 

💎

Paper Gangsta

784.122 views in 23 hours. I wonder if it'll break Uno Momento's 24h record.

how much UM got?

SomethingMore

Turbo-folk was and never will be pop that's a fact. It's just usual that people from this region who listen to turbo-folk tend to call it pop 'cause they're embarassed of listening to that music or whatever. Or 'cause they don't know much about pop. Pop music is not just about the sound but whatever I won't bother to waste my time arguing with someone who's 12 years old. (or at least acts like that). Double standards much?

You are beyond embarrassing at this point :toofunny:

Severina is mostly a pop singer. I proved it by posting all of her huge pop hits. She was longer doing pop and has more pop hits than turbo folk. That's not an opinion that's simply a fact as she started singing tf in 2008. If that's so hard for you to understand, not sure who is really 12 years old (or at least acts like that). 

This was supposed to be another fun balkan thread on a foreign forum, where balkan people would praise Seve or claim someone else is the queen of pop just to have some fun. It was never supposed to be this serious :toofunny: That's why I think something got you pressed. How come you were so relaxed in the Talk That Balkan Talk thread? 

FYI I do agree with you, turbo folk cannot be considered pop.

Phoenix

You are beyond embarrassing at this point :toofunny:

Severina is mostly a pop singer. I proved it by posting all of her huge pop hits. She was longer doing pop and has more pop hits than turbo folk. That's not an opinion that's simply a fact as she started singing tf in 2008. If that's so hard for you to understand, not sure who is really 12 years old (or at least acts like that).

This was supposed to be another fun balkan thread on a foreign forum, where balkan people would praise Seve or claim someone else is the queen of pop just to have some fun. It was never supposed to be this serious :toofunny: That's why I think something got you pressed. How come you were so relaxed in the Talk That Balkan Talk thread?

FYI I do agree with you, turbo folk cannot be considered pop.

I'm usually relaxed and my first post was kind of a joke. And I thought calling her a queen of pop was a joke too, from you but you were serious right? :toofunny: And then you started attacking me with some "facts". Anyways, won't argue anymore about something that's not even important, at least for me. :)

💎

SomethingMore

I'm usually relaxed and my first post was kind of a joke. And I thought calling her a queen of pop was a joke too, from you but you were serious right? :toofunny: And then you started attacking me with some "facts". Anyways, won't argue anymore about something that's not even important, at least for me. :)

I guess I was bored :toofunny: Can't believe I argued about Severina on a foreign forum  :toofunga: 

but she is still #1 female singer here!

800,000 views in 24 hours for her latest smash! :legend:

Paper Gangsta

but she is still #1 female singer here!

800,000 views in 24 hours for her latest smash! :legend:

Are you refering to UM or MT? Because both got 800k

Archived