ARTPOP's sales were not that bad.

Dunk96

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Flop is something subjective.

ARTPOP was a flop for Gaga's standarts, get over it guys.

VforVendetta

Invicible sold 2m in US only, ARTPOP sold 700k in US.

Invincible sold 13m WW and ARTPOP 2m

So in US only Invicible sold as much ARTPOP worldwide.

Invisible sold a lot after MJs death and for the time it was released it was a conidered a major flop as well. Anyway as I sadi above flop is something objective and ARTPOP was a flop for Gaga's high standarts. 

djBuffoon

It's a shame that the Troy mess happened, because the album truly is outstanding and deserved everything that Interscope could have given it. Listened to it again on my best headphones last night, Gaga really put her heart into the work and it is a beautiful piece.

Look at Michael Jackson's Invincible album. It was a masterpiece,but it only sold like two million when he was alive.

Such lies

Invincible sold 13 million

Of course they weren't... An album is a flop when no one is talking about it. Neither good nor bad things and lets face it when ARTPOP came out it was all about it.

Can you tell me where it's 2X Platinum? Looks like the sales in the biggest music markets disagree.

Another is the Michael Jackson part. I'm mobile so I don't intend to do research. So did the album sold 2M WW or in the US? If it's WW, don't rejoice. ARTPOP still has not reach the 2 million mark.

I hate disagreeing with you. :cryga:

It was a commercial flop. Let's embrace it like we embraced BTW's massive 2nd week sales drop.

Such lies

Invincible sold 13 million

Worldwide it sold 13 million,but it sold 2 million in the US.

Can you tell me where it's 2X Platinum? Looks like the sales in the biggest music markets disagree.

Another is the Michael Jackson part. I'm mobile so I don't intend to do research. So did the album sold 2M WW or in the US? If it's WW, don't rejoice. ARTPOP still has not reach the 2 million mark.

I hate disagreeing with you. :cryga:

It was a commercial flop. Let's embrace it like we embraced BTW's massive 2nd week sales drop.

You can disagree with me,but yes,when Michael was alive,originally Invincible was at 2 million when it was first released in the US. The sales increased when he announced the This Is It concert series,then was pushed out by his death. Worldwide it was a commercial success,but Michael never had the same success he did in the States after the false child molestation allegations.

People expected Gaga to shift more than Katy and Miley, it's expected. She didn't flop by any means but she did under perform.

Vernier

People expected Gaga to shift more than Katy and Miley, it's expected. She didn't flop by any means but she did under perform.

And that's all there is to it. It didn't flop, it didn't fail, just did less than expected and there's nothing wrong with that

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Battle 4 Ur Life

Of course they weren't. ARTPOP is a success and I'm happy to be a part of it.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Archived