đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift sees some people's views on her music as sexist

LordDisick

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Mean, Back to December and 22 were singles. Innocent was performed at the VMAs when it wasn't even her current single. State of Grace was released as a promo single and we obviously don't know the fate of Welcome to New York because it's from 1989.

change, back to december, mean, 22, ronan were singles btw.

Back to December, Mean, 22, Long Live, Safe and Sound, State of Grace, Shake it Off, Change, and Fifteen were all singles :P

Yet how many of those do people actually remember her for? 

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not even her fan.. But I at least do remember her for 22, fifteen, mean and now shake it off.

ps: its not her fault if the songs didn't smash. like G.U.Y. we can't blame GAGA on why people don't know her for that song.

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Redstreak

It's her fault the publicly needlessly focuses on one aspect of her career when her other writing subjects are given just as much weight by her? :toofunny:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

TimisaMonster

I am not even her fan.. But I at least do remember her for 22, fifteen, mean and now shake it off.

ps: its not her fault if the songs didn't smash. like G.U.Y. we can't blame GAGA on why people don't know her for that song.

True, but it still doesn't change what people remember Taylor for....or Gaga for that matter :shrug:

It's her fault the publicly needlessly focuses on one aspect of her career when her other writing subjects are given just as much weight by her? :toofunny:

Yes, cuz she puts it out there HARD :)

True, but it still doesn't change what people remember Taylor for....or Gaga for that matter :shrug:

Yes, cuz she puts it out there HARD :)

Because that is what people want to look at. Don't we cry and say when the public judges GAGA on certain aspects that they are being harsh. Same Case. :)

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

TimisaMonster

Because that is what people want to look at. Don't we cry and say when the public judges GAGA on certain aspects that they are being harsh. Same Case. :)

Taylor as I said kinda made that her gimmick...the same way people still choose to remember Gaga as wearing a meat dress...

Doesn't mean they NEVER did those things. That's just what casual music listeners remember most...:laughga:

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a s-xist thing.. it's a Taylor Swift thing. Whilst she seems to have a big fanbase, she's also infamous in pop culture for writing about her high profile ex celeb-u-beaus. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler made a gag about it at the Golden Globes... nuff said.

Whispering

She's right.

And the biggest album of this decade, 21, was all about an x-lover. Songs About Jane, Maroon Fives breakout album was all about a girl that left Adam. Sam Smith's album is about a guy he was in love with, but could never have. Then there was Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill. These are whole albums, not just a few songs on the album.

Scorned love is a big theme for the women in Country music. That genre is full of females singing about heartbreak and revenge.

Princess Die
But no one complains about Adele. She may be right but her theory isn't that accurate.
Because Adele does it tastefully.
Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

ChasingTables
Because Adele does it tastefully.
:tea: Plus nobody actually knows about who she's singing about. Maturity makes you gain respect. :later:

Redstreak

:tea: Plus nobody actually knows about who she's singing about. Maturity makes you gain respect. :later:

Nobody knows who she's singing about because she wasn't exactly dating anyone famous for people TO know about. When Taylor only dates 1-2 people (paparazzi followed celebrities might I add) in between albums it's not hard to imagine who the subjects might be :toofunny:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived