💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's interview with 'The Times'

Elizabeth

Featured Posts

Her support for the musical sisterhood, though, only goes far. Ask her about any kinship with seeming peers such as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry, and her reply is distinctly cool. “I don’t think that I have anything to do with any of the artists that you just mentioned. I don’t mean that in a mean-intentioned way. However, I take a lot of pride in my musicianship and in the integrity behind my work.

And I wish for, in the future, especially with this Tony Bennett album, for people to really see that I am much more than what has now become perceived as a marketing plan.

The last comment is really anti-Madonna. Because Madonna - not Swift or Perry - is dismissed as marketing manipulation via shock tactics by her many detractors. And the more Gaga got equated with Madonna the more she was seen in those terms.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

Very good read indeed. Gaga always has very interesting things to say, her interviews are one of the things that made me a fan :legend:

I just love how she's so open about her relationship with Taylor, when she was with Lüc she always refused to talk about her love life, you can tell she's happy and in love  :wub:

Also, about Taylor Swift and the other pop girls, call it shade all you want but I personally detected no lies in what she said  :thetea:

I really liked this interview, she seems more confident in her responses and not apologetic about the ARTPOP era. The part about Taylor is so adorable, I need to find myself a Taylor :giveup:

You gotta write a song about your ex then film a video for it first

SpaceAce

the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.

At first, feminism was about this. It has just been twisted in so many different ways that it is unrecognizable from previous incarnations. I don't think they are about this anymore. Look at tumblr or any other hotbed for feminism. There you will find people supporting things like population control and the genocide of men. You really want to be associated with these mentally unstable women?

Tumblr? Hotbed for feminism?

Oh, my child.

Go to college and take any women's study course - I assure you that the idiots that occupy tumblr do not represent feminism. Try to expand your understanding of the feminist theories before running your mouth. You don't even know who Maya Angelou is.

A population of nutjobs that call themselves feminists isn't going to stop me from being one - just like the Westboro Baptist Church and other extremist groups aren't going to stop me from being Christian.

And your definition is just fine. So why is it that you don't understand that feminism is about equality? In feminism, we are focusing on women's issues to bring us to that state of equality. Men aren't excluded in this, they're just not the focus. Men will benefit from the push to get rid of gender discrimination as well, just not to the same extent because they are not nearly as opressed as women.

You say we don't need feminism in America...?

B0ARp8jIUAAXXc4.jpg

That man is a republican representative. I think this is all I will say on this topic for now.

the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.

At first, feminism was about this. It has just been twisted in so many different ways that it is unrecognizable from previous incarnations. I don't think they are about this anymore. Look at tumblr or any other hotbed for feminism. There you will find people supporting things like population control and the genocide of men. You really want to be associated with these mentally unstable women?

Yeah, because annoying tumblr users and other random trolls on the internet are such impeccable representations of feminism as a whole! I bet the majority of feminists wholeheartedly support the genocide of men! I guess we shouldn't support LGBT rights either b/c some tumblr users seem to despise straight, cis people! Wouldn't want to be associated with them! 

As long as we recognize there are positive and negative senses of feminism and school of thoughts within it, whether someone claims the word or not is no big deal.

I call myself a feminist for the sort of reasons Christina Hoff Sommers does her - who is one of the best critics of the "anti-male, anti-s-x, women are victims" tendency within feminism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XAftrligcc

StrawberryBlond

All you have to do to not be associated with them is to denounce them - something that mainstream feminists don't want to do to their extremist counterparts. And these people aren't random internet trolls, they are people, youtubers with hundreds of thousands to millions of followers with great influence over their fans.

That IS what we're doing. Whenever a misandrist viewpoint in the media gets attention, it gets rebuttals from tons of women saying this is giving feminism a bad name. I wish you'd stop calling these extremists "feminists," because they're not - they're just insane misandrists who believe not in gender equality, but gender supremacy. Feminism keeps getting associated with this because people like you continue to label these types as some form of feminist, even if it is an undesirable extremist. We need to stop referring to the crazies as feminists and maybe things might improve. But it doesn't really matter what we say - you've got it into your head that everyone else is wrong and you are right. But when everyone is against you, calling you uneducated and uninformed and say they feel embarrassed for you, it's time to re-evaluate your ideology. I think your views are proof that feminism and gender issues in general need to be studied at school because far too many people are growing up with uninformed views like yours and as a result, feminism cannot progress. The fact that so many people in the western world cannot grasp the true concept of feminism in this day and age blows my mind.

ItsTommyBitch

That IS what we're doing. Whenever a misandrist viewpoint in the media gets attention, it gets rebuttals from tons of women saying this is giving feminism a bad name. I wish you'd stop calling these extremists "feminists," because they're not - they're just insane misandrists who believe not in gender equality, but gender supremacy. Feminism keeps getting associated with this because people like you continue to label these types as some form of feminist, even if it is an undesirable extremist. We need to stop referring to the crazies as feminists and maybe things might improve. But it doesn't really matter what we say - you've got it into your head that everyone else is wrong and you are right. But when everyone is against you, calling you uneducated and uninformed and say they feel embarrassed for you, it's time to re-evaluate your ideology. I think your views are proof that feminism and gender issues in general need to be studied at school because far too many people are growing up with uninformed views like yours and as a result, feminism cannot progress. The fact that so many people in the western world cannot grasp the true concept of feminism in this day and age blows my mind.

THIS :applause: :applause: :applause:

Some of the most intelligent people I know have come to me and said things about feminism with an incredibly misinformed opinion of what it is and it blows my mind. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

That's a very nice interview, very comforting. She's definitely in a very good place, and that makes me so happy.

LilVenusian

Ugh. Her views on Feminism are so flip floppy. Bless her for trying but she clearly has no grasp on serious women's rights issues . She already manages to contradict herself in a matter of seconds. Right after proclaiming she is some big believer in the power of female artists performers she than goes on to separate herself from them, and slightly shade them (you would think she would be like yas! great to see fellow females making it big in the game, were all in this together blablabla!?)  I'm starting to think she just calls herself a feminist to appear intelligent or edgy...

Great read and honest interview from Gaga.

I completely agree with her views on other pop artists. She is totally different. Not that they are bad... but the integrity is so different. He art run deep... where Katy and Rihanna gets a song handed to them and they simply sing them.

That, to me, isn't artistry. However, i like Katy and Rihanna, they're just different artists to Gaga.

gaga will be remembered. period. She is the Beatles, she is MJ, she is Elvis... not many current artists have that. And i love that Tony see's that in her too.

NewYorkCity

Ugh. Her views on Feminism are so flip floppy. Bless her for trying but she clearly has no grasp on serious women's rights issues . She already manages to contradict herself in a matter of seconds. Right after proclaiming she is some big believer in the power of female artists performers she than goes on to separate herself from them, and slightly shade them (you would think she would be like yas! great to see fellow females making it big in the game, were all in this together blablabla!?) I'm starting to think she just calls herself a feminist to appear intelligent or edgy...

Except that what she said was exactly what she was saying before about feminism.

She said that women are still controled

All those women are controlled and they want to be controled by men just to make money for them.

How is she supposed to support that if she is a feminist? :)

So.. She is a feminist now

She has been one since 2010 (possibly earlier, but the first instance of her actually saying it was the Showstudio interview, unless I'm mistaken), when she stopped confusing it with misandry.

Archived